Ford got me, again

stonerdoom

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
My dream build from what I’ve been given is a BD Sasquatch V6.
But wife wants the 12 inch screen and some tech. I would love to have heated seats, heated steering wheel , and remote start as one package.
To get a “cold weather package” you have to get lux. Which means you have to go badlands.
And spend thousands on other stuff I don’t want.
It’s unfortunate, but business as usual by ford. I guess. I’m buying a bronco no matter what. But I wish I wouldn’t get killed for what I want
My friend, you are not the only one. I too will be basically getting a lux Badlands SAS'd, etc for basically the same reasons. Hopefully, it will be a quality truck and in a couple of years it will be paid off and we'll just enjoy it.

Advertisement

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

I love these guys that act like they wouldn't bat an eye if their wife bought a $60,000 purse. :ROFLMAO:
Or maybe they trust their partner not to make poor decisions? Or they have my money, your money, and our money?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
But wife wants the 12 inch screen and some tech. I would love to have heated seats, heated steering wheel , and remote start as one package.
To get a “cold weather package” you have to get lux. Which means you have to go badlands.
It’s unfortunate, but business as usual by ford. I guess. I’m buying a bronco no matter what. But I wish I wouldn’t get killed for what I want
I'm with you but that's how they make money, get you interested in the vehicle and then make you buy an expensive package or trim to get one thing you want!

Reactions: RLW

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Ugh! I don't understand you guys that are a slave to a "wife". Do what you want! Your life is short. She isn't in control of what you want. Wake up.
...in the divorce proceedings, she gets the house and your Bronco. Well played. ;)

Judge Rufus

Wildtrak
First Name
Wheeler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
You guys getting the upscale packages just because your wife wants them...will she be the primary driver, will you only have one vehicle?

If the answer is "no" to either question, then just man up and say you're gettin them because you want them. It's okay. My wife drives my vehicle maybe once a month or less. She knows "my vehicle, my choices". Her vehicle is loaded to the max, because that's how she wanted it. And I pay for it, because "happy wife, happy life"...

...but I don't option my vehicle for no one but me.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
First Name
Grady
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport
SAS an OBX with Lux and take out the Carpet....

Reactions: RLW

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Jeep gets you on the engine. If not the 2.0 turbo its 5k for the diesel with other changes to the build .. or accept the unknown reliabilty of the belt driven e-torque ... body colored top and fenders not available on all trims .. reliable standard V6 pentastar now only on the Gladiator .. they all have something to get us to spend more money ... 🤷🏾‍♂️
I just priced out a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon and selected the 3.6 Pentastar with a 6sp manual.

The turbo, E-Drive and diesel were all optional engine choices.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Clubs

I just priced out a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon and selected the 3.6 Pentastar with a 6sp manual.

The turbo, E-Drive and diesel were all optional engine choices.
For manual Yes .. Automatic No .. Also if you go with the 8HP75 Trans it goes to the additional $4k diesel engine automatically. I never checked manual tho ..

1606068745021.png

OregonHighlander

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Dodge Charger/Wife; Ford Transit Connect/
Fully agree with you. Perhaps too many "Series" and the separation of Tech, having to go up in Series to get, paying thousands for items you don't need....not sure what to say, poor planning? I am staying BD and there are things I would like, such as the 12" screen....but I am not going to waste $$, I can use that $$$ on accessories I really want.

Advertisement

Advertisement