Sponsored

$2500 for cancelling? - Ford doesn't communicate well again!

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I found an abandoned order, made the deal and tried to apply my private offer PP cert. That didn't work since it wasn't for my order. So I go ahead and cancel to at least get the $2500. Dealer has been gracious waiting to do all the paperwork, I called Ford yesterday to check and guess what? Nothing, nada, zip, it took them forever to even be able to see my old reservation, cancellation, etc. Nothing about the $2500. They told me nothing they can do. Told me the dealership I'm buying from needs to do the legwork to figure it out. What a crock of crap Ford! Waited 2.5 years for a final kick to the nuts!

Just a warning for those thinking about cancelling. Ford might screw you over too, and they're not going to help you. FU Ford!
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How sure are you that you qualify for the $2500? The devil dwells in the fine print and there are a lot of exemptions. You might want to spend a few minutes re-reading the offer to see what loophole they are using against you.

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I found an abandoned order, made the deal and tried to apply my private offer PP cert. That didn't work since it wasn't for my order. So I go ahead and cancel to at least get the $2500. Dealer has been gracious waiting to do all the paperwork, I called Ford yesterday to check and guess what? Nothing, nada, zip, it took them forever to even be able to see my old reservation, cancellation, etc. Nothing about the $2500. They told me nothing they can do. Told me the dealership I'm buying from needs to do the legwork to figure it out. What a crock of crap Ford! Waited 2.5 years for a final kick to the nuts!

Just a warning for those thinking about cancelling. Ford might screw you over too, and they're not going to help you. FU Ford!
Sounds about right...

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something don't seem right. People have been able to apply price protection rebates to new and on the lot Broncos. We have also seen recent posts of people applying the modification/cancelation rebate to new and on the lot Broncos as well.

When did you make your original reservation? Any address changes since then? Who cancelled your order, Ford or the dealer who placed the order? Was the Bronco you were trying to buy actually new and not used or possibly bought at auction?

it took them forever to even be able to see my old reservation, cancellation, etc.
This leads me to believe something changed somewhere along the way. I have called the Ford Marketing hotline several times with multiple reservation numbers and they have never had an issue pulling up my file.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What build was your order? If it wasn't a Wildtrak or a build with the 3 sins, then you weren't eligible for the $2500 to cancel. At least that's how I interpret the info Ford released. Good luck to you figuring it all out. This has most definitely been a very twisted, bumpy ride Ford has put us all on.

edit: I looked back at the Ford image that originally was released. Yeah, after looking again I'd think if anyone cancelled, they should get $2500. Sorry you're dealing with this.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, you have to have Wildtrak, SAS, MIC or LUX to be eligible for he $2500

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep Ford still sucks at this Bronco game but something doesn't add up.

OP - Sounds like the dealership should have worked with you on the $2500 especially if in your signature you bought it from your son, assuming your original Base had SAS or MIC.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What build was your order? If it wasn't a Wildtrak or a build with the 3 sins, then you weren't eligible for the $2500 to cancel. At least that's how I interpret the info Ford released. Good luck to you figuring it all out. This has most definitely been a very twisted, bumpy ride Ford has put us all on.

edit: I looked back at the Ford image that originally was released. Yeah, after looking again I'd think if anyone cancelled, they should get $2500. Sorry you're dealing with this.

I just re-read my personal email, if you ignore the part that specifically mentions the entire program is predicated on the Wildtrak and the 3 Sins, and only read the part that says you can cancel your order to receive the $2,500 for purchasing an in-stock Bronco, sure, anyone that cancelled their order could get it. But it is clearly related to the Sins when its taken in its entirety.

Either the OP didn't have any of the sins, or his son's dealership screwed up somewhere. Ford probably had nothing to do with this situation.

Moving on.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted some of this in another thread and want to reiterate the highlighted portion again. When they say "in-stock", my understanding is that it has to be dealer "stock" (blue window sticker) vehicle, not a certified used or abandoned retail (green window sticker) unit.

"What incentives are offered with the Bronco Order Modification Private Offer Program?

You can receive a $2,500 Bronco Order Modification Private Offer toward the purchase or lease of your Bronco or another eligible Ford vehicle if you meet one of the following criteria:
  • You are a current Wildtrak series customer and convert your order to a Badlands, Big Bend, or Outer Banks series without any option for a Molded-In Color Hardtop (excludes two-door orders), Sasquatch Package, or Lux Package.
  • You are a current non-Wildtrak series customer and modify your order within the existing trim series to remove any existing Molded-In Color Hardtop (excludes two-door orders), Sasquatch Package, or Lux Package.
  • You are an unscheduled 2023 Bronco order holder, cancel your Bronco order, and purchase an in-stock 2022 to 2023 model year Ford, including Bronco, or order a 2023 model year Ford vehicle excluding Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning, and Specialty Vehicles (Raptor, Shelby GT-500, and Mustang Mach-1)."

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something don't seem right. People have been able to apply price protection rebates to new and on the lot Broncos. We have also seen recent posts of people applying the modification/cancelation rebate to new and on the lot Broncos as well.

When did you make your original reservation? Any address changes since then? Who cancelled your order, Ford or the dealer who placed the order? Was the Bronco you were trying to buy actually new and not used or possibly bought at auction?

This leads me to believe something changed somewhere along the way. I have called the Ford Marketing hotline several times with multiple reservation numbers and they have never had an issue pulling up my file.
I’m someone who cancelled about a week ago. Before I even cancelled my 2500 pco was in the system days after modifying my order. Are you also saying the price protection I once had is now applicable to the dealer stock bronco I’ve placed a deposit on?

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m someone who cancelled about a week ago. Before I even cancelled my 2500 pco was in the system days after modifying my order. Are you also saying the price protection I once had is now applicable to the dealer stock bronco I’ve placed a deposit on?
no some random dealers we allowing it to be applied, but those dealers aren't going to be reimbursed by Ford so they are losing money, and gifted it to the buyer.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, not if you canceled your order. If you cancelled your order you also cancelled your price protection rebate.

What you could have done is apply your price protection rebate to the dealer stock Bronco instead of canceling and using the $2500 modification/cancelation rebate. Of course this scenario only make sense when the pp rebate is greater than modification rebate and if it was then I am sure you wouldn't have canceled your order in the first place.

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, son's 08 Civic, wife's biz 22 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, you have to have Wildtrak, SAS, MIC or LUX to be eligible for he $2500
not specific to wildtrak only, can be any trim. but you would have to drop all 3 of those constraints.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP ... has not come back to post what his order was. Prob realized he was not eligible for all of the $2500.

His signature shows base.
Sponsored