Sponsored

$2500 for cancelling? - Ford doesn't communicate well again!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like he canceled his order, so should qualify for $2,500 certificate from Ford.
I'm thinking the hangup for OP, is this part: "So I found an abandoned order,..."

I thought it was specified that it had to be dealer stock. Abandoned orders aren't dealer stock. Yes, I realize typing this that many some people have posted on this forum where dealers have accepted the $2500 or even the private offers towards abandoned orders OR dealer stock. At this point, I'm thinking it comes down to individual dealers and how they do business vs what mothership Ford is stating in PDFs.
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking the hangup for OP, is this part: "So I found an abandoned order,..."

I thought it was specified that it had to be dealer stock. Abandoned orders aren't dealer stock. Yes, I realize typing this that many have posted here where dealers have accepted the $2500 or even the private offers towards abandoned orders OR dealer stock. At this point, I'm thinking it comes down to individual dealers and how they do business vs what mothership Ford is stating in PDFs.
I think ultimately, the $2,500 isn’t even populating. Do the certificate is not available. Mine has also not populated yet. When I reached out to Granger about my certificate, they said that they are having issues getting people certificates to populate. They currently have a finance guy and another individual trying to work the issue.

OP is also a Granger reservation.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think ultimately, the $2,500 isn’t even populating. Do the certificate is not available. Mine has also not populated yet. When I reached out to Granger about my certificate, they said that they are having issues getting people certificates to populate. They currently have a finance guy and another individual trying to work the issue.

OP is also a Granger reservation.
Even if it does populate, I'm not sure he'll get it, due to the "buying an abandoned order" situation. Who knows. Good luck to OP though.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you have to have Wildtrak, SAS, MIC or LUX to be eligible for he $2500
This is not true. I have a Badland with MIC, LUX and if I would have changed I would get the $25K. I don't understand why you would change.
This is the new US auto model. Place an order, wait , and hope it might get built. Yall better like eating bananas, lots of bananas.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is not true. I have a Badland with MIC, LUX and if I would have changed I would get the $25K. I don't understand why you would change.
This is the new US auto model. Place an order, wait , and hope it might get built. Yall better like eating bananas, lots of bananas.
What is not true? You have SAS & LUX, so you quality.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I said: If A, B, C OR D
What you said I said: If A AND (B, C OR D)
OK, if you are going to start using the new math, I'm done. Is the answer E??

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Alpha1_Silverback and/or @FordVideoGuy can either of you confirm that if one was to cancel their current Bronco order and collect the $2500 modification/cancelation rebate can that rebate then be applied to a retail order (abandoned or otherwise) or is it strictly limited to dealer stock orders only?

In OP's scenario, it appears that he tried to use his own modification/cancelation rebate and apply it to a retail Bronco his son ordered and walked away from. Maybe it didn't work because of this fine print detail?

Clarification is definitely needed before the March 7th deadline.
Yes, you can cancel your order and use the $2500 on the purchase of an in stock Bronco. A Bronco that someone turns down would become a stock unit. The dealer needs to enter your intention into COVP to receive the $2500.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, you can cancel your order and use the $2500 on the purchase of an in stock Bronco. A Bronco that someone turns down would become a stock unit. The dealer needs to enter your intention into COVP to receive the $2500.
What if we canceled our order, our account that we can see on the Ford website shows we canceled our order after Ford’s letter and our $2500 certificate is not showing up. How do we get our $2500 to apply it?

Which dealer needs to enter the intention? If the dealer that canceled our order failed to enter the intention, can that be fixed?

Sponsored

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What if we canceled our order, our account that we can see on the Ford website shows we canceled our order after Ford’s letter and our $2500 certificate is not showing up. How do we get our $2500 to apply it?

Which dealer needs to enter the intention? If the dealer that canceled our order failed to enter the intention, can that be fixed?
The dealer the order was with needs to enter your intention. At least that is what we noticed.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For those of you that have been able to buy one off the lot using certs on Smart Vincent, what is the secret?! Thanks in advance!
Secret is finding a good dealer. I have a WT on order that I'm not changing. I had found a similar WT with High pkg & MIC near Detroit. When I asked the salesperson I was talking with about what I needed to do for the order cancellation Private Offer, he replied back to let me know there was already a Private Offer for $2500 in my name. This was before I cancelled the WT order. So I'm not sure how or when those are generated.

For my Badlands that cam in earlier this month, the dealer rep at that dealership told me that he had a more generic offer for $2500 off for cancelling a Bronco order but that it wouldn't apply to my Badlands since it was an ordered vehicle.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP was so aggressive and grumpy and then…just like that…a quick “I was wrong” with no apology for being unnecessarily irate. 🙄

It gets a little…err…toxic on here sometimes, doesn’t it?

EDIT: Completely misread this thread before posting that 👆 @TrailDust

Ford Bronco $2500 for cancelling? - Ford doesn't communicate well again! 1677207872874

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you seen this published or been able to redeem the $2,500 on an abandoned unit? I believe you, just haven't seen anything from my rep yet to clarify if "stock" means any unit on the ground or just blue stickers.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The key words or phrase is not or.

It is this part:

Your order has any of these options—Molded-In Color Hardtop, Sasquatch Package, or Lux Package—and you remove all of them from your current vehicle order

The non-Wildtrak cannot have SAS, MIC, or Lux in the build to qualify. And it took 2 weeks from my changing it to get on the production list. My dealer told me they would start the paperwork for the certificate right after I changed.
Sponsored