Sponsored

260 miles and engine light started flashing and engine sputtering, fiels like it is not firing on all cylinders.

OP
OP
Copper380

Copper380

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2011 F350 D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know why you would have hard feelings for people trying to help and also warn others that have 2.3’s it could be an reoccurring issue. I was advising shut down, because I have years of experience building cars and engines as a hobby and it is what all the Ford manuals I have read state Flashing CEL - Severe Misfire- shut down or severe engine damage could occur. I don't know when the severe damage occurred on yours but if it saves someone a engine in the future it was worth posting . I never meant to offend you. Welcome to Bronco 6g, that’s what we do, we try and help each other.
I already stated that this is so rare that every mechanic (to include very experienced Ford Mechanics with decades of experience) I have talked to has ever seen it happen, including me and I have built and worked on cars since the 1970's. Why do you feel compelled to continue to justify your stance that I'd wrong. I could care less how many "manuals" you have read. I used to listen to engines for knocks, pings and subtle noise with a long screwdriver..... if you don't understand that then you are not as experienced as you think. I have no gard feelings, as I stated in 2 responses. You didn't offend me, 10 years military and 33 years as a public servant I have much thicker skin than you think. I am pointing out your willingness to help, which I respect, but your unwillingness to accept my experience, the rarity of this situation and your inability to accept you are wrong, or at least accept you were not there, along with my extensive explanations as sufficient to meet your superior level of satisfaction. I thought I spelled out the rarity and what I experienced with my experience along with ford pass recommendations as sufficient... but your manual reading is superior to all that. I will attach my Ford pass notifications to justify my 40+ years of experience to know the difference between a dropped valve or a .02 ounce piece of metal directly introduced to a engine at 4000 RPM's along with my Ford pass notifications for you to finally give me a blessing as to my actions so I can finally sleep at night not worrying that you do not accept my account of events that has lead us to this point in time.

AGAIN.... NO HARD FEELINGS, take it for what it is. I appreciate your willingness to assist but not your willingness to not accept an explanation outside of your own beliefs or willingness to accept a explanation outside your own ability to comprehend the situation or my explanation!

Good night, God Bless and I hope you continue to help others with an open mind and can accept explanations you can not comprehend in the future. The world and engines do not operate and break within your abilities to understand them... just FYI

Since 1980 I have owned over 25 Ford's. Built multiple Ford's and have had 13 new Ford's.

I love debate and never hold ill will, I only wish to educate that no matter how good a person's intensions they must accept they can not control or explain every situation and must be willing to learn, or at least ponder, explanations they do not like or understand so they may grow as an individual and as a person willing to help others. It is called experience...... you can learn form it or turn your back on it.... that is up to you my friend.

I look forward to future discussions without my extensive word vomit responses.

Screenshot_20220311-025521_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20220311-025529_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20220311-025541_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20220311-025549_FordPass.jpg
Sponsored