Sponsored

35x10.50 R17 / 35x11.5 R17 Sasquatch Badlands? Anyone have photos?

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd read several articles saying that this size is best suited for Bronco. Since I have a squatched badlands, anyone have photos this tire installed?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely don't agree with 35x10.5r17 being the ideal size... BUT yes there are folks that have done it.

The primary benefit of running 35x10.5r17 is it is the largest diameter tire you can put on the non-Sasquatch factory wheels. And because they are narrower than most 35" tires, you can keep the non-Sasquatch fender flares and not worry about a whole lot of poke. The downside is that tire size is relatively rare. There are lots of 35x12.5r17 (which I personally would consider to be more ideal), but very few 35x10.5r17.

Since you have the Sasquatch Bronco, I personally would not get that tire size. It's a great budget upgrade option for someone without the Sasquatch package who doesn't want to spend money on wheel spacers, new wheels, etc. But for the Sasquatch package Broncos it doesn't really make sense to upgrade to a tire that is narrower than the factory tire. It's going to give your vehicle a less "beefy" look.

But in case you still want it... the most popular are made by Kenda Kevlar.... here is a user with that tire.

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely don't agree with 35x10.5r17 being the ideal size... BUT yes there are folks that have done it.

The primary benefit of running 35x10.5r17 is it is the largest diameter tire you can put on the non-Sasquatch factory wheels. And because they are narrower than most 35" tires, you can keep the non-Sasquatch fender flares and not worry about a whole lot of poke. The downside is that tire size is relatively rare. There are lots of 35x12.5r17 (which I personally would consider to be more ideal), but very few 35x10.5r17.

Since you have the Sasquatch Bronco, I personally would not get that tire size. It's a great budget upgrade option for someone without the Sasquatch package who doesn't want to spend money on wheel spacers, new wheels, etc. But for the Sasquatch package Broncos it doesn't really make sense to upgrade to a tire that is narrower than the factory tire. It's going to give your vehicle a less "beefy" look.

But in case you still want it... the most popular are made by Kenda Kevlar.... here is a user with that tire.
Great information here. Thank you!

I'll post a photo below of the only one I've found.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had several sets of Kenda RT’s including a set of the 35x10.5x17’s on my old Tacoma. Fantastic tire. I don’t have any Bronco photos per you request but I can testify that these tires are awesome. 100% chance that I’ll be buying another set for my 2Door if it ever materializes.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was their reasoning behind such a narrow tire? 11.5 will run on the factory wheels as well.

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run the 35x10.5 Kendas. Great tire. Bought them to make sure there was no rubbing. The Sas wheels are .5" wider than mine, definitely recommend sticking with a 12.5 on the Sas wheel. These don't offer a lot of wheel protection on my setup, got 3 of the 4 wheels on rocks already.

IMG20220819124019.jpg

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been reading that 12.5 wide is best for a vehicle 10,000 and over. Anything less is best at a 9.5-10.5.

Don't kill me.....I'm just getting this conversation going. :)

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was their reasoning behind such a narrow tire? 11.5 will run on the factory wheels as well.
That works too, but again... a very uncommon size so not a whole lot of choices. The only one I'm aware of is Toyo Open Country A/T III, which is a fantastic tire, yes, but... one or two options isn't a whole lot of options. ;)
I've been reading that 12.5 wide is best for a vehicle 10,000 and over. Anything less is best at a 9.5-10.5.

Don't kill me.....I'm just getting this conversation going. :)
It depends what conditions your vehicle will be driving in. For rock crawling or driving in the mud/sand you're going to want a wider tire. For driving in the slush/snow/rain, typically you want a narrower tire.

Obviously most off-roaders want larger diameter tires for clearance, and will be spending a lot of time on the rocks/mud/sand. Which is why most tires larger than 33" tend to be on the wide side—they want those larger and wider tires for maximum traction in those environments.

For me personally, the vast majority of the time I'll be driving my Bronco off-road is in the snow, so I have no plans on going wider than a 290mm tire (~11.5 inches)—which is still too wide for many people who regularly drive in the snow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That works too, but again... a very uncommon size so not a whole lot of choices. The only one I'm aware of is Toyo Open Country A/T III, which is a fantastic tire, yes, but... one or two options isn't a whole lot of options. ;)

It depends what conditions your vehicle will be driving in. For rock crawling or driving in the mud/sand you're going to want a wider tire. For driving in the slush/snow/rain, typically you want a narrower tire.

Obviously most off-roaders want larger diameter tires for clearance, and will be spending a lot of time on the rocks/mud/sand. Which is why most tires larger than 33" tend to be on the wide side—they want those larger and wider tires for maximum traction in those environments.

For me personally, the vast majority of the time I'll be driving my Bronco off-road is in the snow, so I have no plans on going wider than a 290mm tire (~11.5 inches)—which is still too wide for many people who regularly drive in the snow.
I'm pavement with dirt roads/gravel on weekends. No rock climbing. What are your thoughts on a 35x11.5 R17? Meet in the middle?

OP
OP
B Miller

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pavement with dirt roads/gravel on weekends. No rock climbing. What are your thoughts on a 35x11.5 R17? Meet in the middle?
This is my rig....trying to get that utilitarian look with the best performance for my trail driving and commuting. Steel wheels 0 off set in the future but struggling with tire size.
Ford Bronco 35x10.50 R17 / 35x11.5 R17 Sasquatch Badlands? Anyone have photos? Best FS

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nitto has 11.5 tires as well