Sponsored

37’s for Dummies (Need help making this)

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Ford Bronco 37’s for Dummies (Need help making this) 023625A8-69E6-43EE-8D6A-1C008AEA0C6D

Feel free to delete this after you remake it, but keep the picture.

As I'm planning to lift my girl soon and later go that Route, figured we’d make an all in 1 sticky thread, just answering the most basic questions like should I regear if I got 4.70 or pointing out the unexpected.

if its been answered, then no problems, point me to the thread its all answered in and we can lock/delete this. Just figured heres an all in one source.
Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What model do you have?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 37’s for Dummies (Need help making this) 023625A8-69E6-43EE-8D6A-1C008AEA0C6D

As I'm planning to lift my girl soon and later go that Route, figured we’d make an all in 1 sticky thread, just answering the most basic questions like should I regear if I got 4.70 or pointing out the unexpected.

if its been answered, then no problems, point me to the thread its all answered in and we can lock/delete this. Just figured heres an all in one source.
Gearing is ok IMO, it's everything else you need to prepare for...rack bushings, tie rod, UCAs...ain't it fun!

OP
OP
Lèòn

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
What model do you have?
Well this is a general thread, but 2dr Badlands

Gearing is ok IMO, it's everything else you need to prepare for...rack bushings, tie rod, UCAs...ain't it fun!
challenge still accepted. I already spent a ton on lighting and general mods, whats a couple more grand?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man this is a very open ended question IMO.

I'd say depending on how you drive it would dictate how you mod it (all pavement, trail riding, or something like Hell's Revenge every weekend)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lèòn

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Man this is a very open ended question IMO.

I'd say depending on how you drive it would dictate how you mod it (all pavement, trail riding, or something like Hell's Revenge every weekend)
True true.

Personally, Daily with a couple seasonal trips on trails, now looking for more jeep friendly courses after my misadventure last weekend

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m gonna do a video in a few weeks hopefully going through a ton of stuff on this.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They asked the model because any Squatch, BL, WT, FE, HE, Everglades will fit 37’s with no mod. Easy trails no problem. Hard wheeling you’ll have some rub but not bad.

I’m on my phone so a bit harder to do this but…………. @TeocaliMG has a build thread and he has a BL on 37’s. Lots of good info there. I’ll see if I can get it copied here for you.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My thoughts from reading A LOT of threads here. UCA’s not needed IMO, just ask @BigMeatsBronco he is on 40’s and MOST of his Bronc is stock. Don’t think you have to have a rack if you are mild wheeling just take some spare tie rods. If you plan to wheel hard then you will need the rack. General consensus is the bushings will help immensely but just save your pennies till you can afford the billet rack. It is salty.

I’m sure others will chime in here many are on 37’s you have the thread in the right category they will find it. 😁

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally I think the gears and diffs are fine for 37’s. 40’s are a different ball game.

Always remember with these Broncos it really depends on how hard you plan on wheeling and how smooth you are behind the wheel. 😁

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

sounds like you have a SAS with 4.7 gear ratio. As others have said, diffs and gears are probably fine. you can probably squeeze 37s on but may want another 1-2” of lift.

Very small geometry design margins in the front end. But knowing limits is an advantage. You don’t want to just use spring compression to get lift, then you sacrifice usable extension travel. Also you need to be careful with shock extension because this may exceed design geometry during full extension. You want to keep CV half shaft and tie rod angles down. small spacer lifts, <1” are cheap and won’t affect geometry significantly. The SAS bilstein are fine. So you are already almost there. No need to get expensive coilovers right off the bat. Just need to explore and slowly discover where your rig is limited and what you plan to do about it.

the steering rack is a concern. Find some low weight 37s and test it out. You will eventually need an upgraded rack, especially as you push harder or drive like me. Tie rods and bushings are only temporary fixes.

alternatively you could just throw a bunch of money at this. 🤷‍♂️

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went a slightly different route with mixed results.

HOSS 3.0 w/ mod bumper & hidden winch (nose heavy)
JCR Tire clearance kit
DV8 Wheel wells all the way around
0 degree offset wheels.
1 1/2" Foutz perch collar on front only (leveled it out)
No other modifications to the rear.

The DV8 kit helped allot and the JCR one also made considerable room in a different way.

So far still has minor rub on the forward inside of front wheel well during spicier driving /turns.

I thought the bigger wheel well and small perch would be 100% perfect, and it isn't bad at all, but it fell just short of what I wanted.

Ford Bronco 37’s for Dummies (Need help making this) 20230604_200154

Ford Bronco 37’s for Dummies (Need help making this) 20230604_194359

Ford Bronco 37’s for Dummies (Need help making this) 20230606_174641

Ford Bronco 37’s for Dummies (Need help making this) 20230614_100812

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lèòn

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there anything we should be aware of besides mpg drop

this is my first real offroader for example, never lifted prior and never gone big tires, old Ram Rebel just went from Goodyears to Yokohama at most and Ive upgrayedded the rsb
Ford Bronco 37’s for Dummies (Need help making this) 666AD530-800E-4810-8D4D-39C90876FD5A
Sponsored