Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't know why you keep saying that, but the Wildtrak sits just as tall as all other Bilstein-equipped Sasquatch models.
I had a '21 Wildtrak, now I have a '23 Wildtrak. The last one just barely fit through my garage opening, the new one is at least an inch lower. Maybe it's just mine?
Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't want to hijack the thread, I'd still like to know the safest way to get an extra inch. Here is a shot I took of my old Bronco vs. one I just took now. It's subtle, but it's a little more than an inch different as far as I can tell. Only other thought was maybe the top 2.0 I had stood taller, and this top on the '23 model is smaller?

Ford Bronco Spacer Lift for Dummies 2023rev 2021-12-06 17-26-53

Ford Bronco Spacer Lift for Dummies 2023rev IMG_0791

If there are official numbers it'd help me put this to bed ;-)

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe you ended up with a half inch more of rake with the Fox suspension compared to the Bilstein suspension.

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 2.3L Non-Sasquatch Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BroncoRebelRunner

So SAS shocks are roughly 5/8" longer and you added 5/8" or so of spacers. I would pull 1 to 2 spacers of the 3 spacers you used the leveling kit. I would pull 2 spacers if you plan to wheel. 1 spacer if you just plan to daily drive.

I ran the same setup for 2-3 trips before doing a differential drop. Just with 5100s instead of SAS shocks which are the same length.
Do you think if I added a diff drop and removed one spacer that would make it safe for wheeling? I honestly will only get to wheel once a month at best until my son is old enough to come wheeling with me and we can make family trips of it. And Ohio wheeling is mostly tight muddy trails and hills with some quarry sandstone thrown in here and there.

I’m really hoping I can get away with just removing the bottom spacer by using spring compressors and keeping the LCA connected. Those bolts were a heck of a time for me, as my impact is too long to fit between the mounting points. That would make me safe for the majority of the driving that I do. Then sometime in the next few months add a diff drop when someone releases one for sale or I make one.

It honestly drives awesome in 2H right now. Super smooth over potholes, reduced roll, and road/tire feel is magnitudes smoother. However, when I try 4H on a straight section of road I can feel something in the front end that I can only assume has to be CV binding.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@BroncoRebelRunner

I would leave the lift and drop the differential a 1/2". Pretty easy to do if you have a welder. The hardest part is making a skid plate work with the drop. I would do a Half inch spacer on the passenger side and 3/4"ish lower new hole on the drives side bracket.

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 2.3L Non-Sasquatch Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Snacktime well I decided to just remove the two upper spacers for now so I can feel comfortable using 4Hi if needed. I can feel a definite difference in the front end. I no longer feel grinding I the front end while in 4Hi.

I took some better measurements of the front spacers when I took them out. It turns out that the two top hat spacers were measuring 0.243in and the bottom shock mount spacer was 0.314, resulting in a total spacer stack height of 0.800in. The full stack would then give 1.2in of lift. That means that I was getting around 0.700in extra lift from the heavier rate 2.7 Badlands 4dr springs being used on my 2.3 Black Diamond 4dr.

I plan to take some new measurements today after I get realigned to see if that 0.700in spring rate lift holds true. Hopefully this information can help others out there that are contemplating adding Sasquatch take offs but are having trouble finding the exact spring combo needed.

I do think I’ll still work on making a diff drop so I can go back up in the future if I want to. That’d be a perfect project to get some use out of the welder that I wanted so badly years ago and have barely used

RP80

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 2DR, '22 Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@BroncoDymond88 still haven't seen the numbera for the actual length of the fox Hoss 3.0 shocks. Someone needs to bust out a measuring tape.
I can measure mine on a '23 2-door Wildtrak. What exactly do you need for a measurement? Like, from where to where?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spacer lift will increase your CV-Axle angles at ride height and at max droop. Both decrease the life of the CV-Axle and increase the chance of failure. The harder you wheel the more likely you will damage a cv-axle with a spacer lift.
Most any lift will increase CV-axle angle at ride height, correct? That's not just a spacer lift issue. The potential issue with a spacer lift compared to some others, is the angle at full droop?

Sponsored

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CV axle angles as well as tie rod angles are affected by lifting the frame using the spring/shock.

0A502FFC-69EF-4931-8BD4-285F6CD6D109.jpeg

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most any lift will increase CV-axle angle at ride height, correct? That's not just a spacer lift issue. The potential issue with a spacer lift compared to some others, is the angle at full droop?
Correct, you can over extend your CV axle with to much spacer at full droop. The extra wear from lifting hasn't become an issue yet with so few people with high mileage Broncos.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct, you can over extend your CV axle with to much spacer at full droop. The extra wear from lifting hasn't become an issue yet with so few people with high mileage Broncos.
What about extended length aftermarket shocks? I have 1.5" spacers on Badlands shocks, total extended length is 24.5", according to napkin math, and CV angle at 30.xx degrees at full droop. If front shock total extended length is around 24.5"-24.6", wouldn't we see similar CV angles?
Sponsored