Sponsored

4 Door Badlands all the way to 2 Door Base Sasquatch - WHAT!

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, that’s what I think I’m doing. I have a late reservation 4 door BL that I was going to use as my daily driver. Now I’m kinda set on a Base Bronco with Sasquatch package that I will use as my fun/weekend/short trips vehicle.

How did that happen? Anyone else in the same boat?

Am I nuts? :unsure::sneaky::LOL:
Sponsored

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost the same. I was building out the BL 2-door.

Then as I thought about it more, I realized how much I liked buying a Sport (Base) Wrangler in the past and building it out just like I wanted.

So now I am going with Base 2.7L 2-door with Sas. The only option I'll add are the auxiliary switches. Then I'll use the $14K I'm saving to get a 2-3" lift, 37" tires, bumpers, Katzin heated/cooled seats, exhaust, soft top and who knows what else as the aftermarket gets going. And I'll still have money left over.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, that’s what I think I’m doing. I have a late reservation 4 door BL that I was going to use as my daily driver. Now I’m kinda set on a Base Bronco with Sasquatch package that I will use as my fun/weekend/short trips vehicle.

You're not nuts as I did the same thing...Or maybe we're both nuts? ? I went from a 2 door BL to a Base SAS and will use it the same as you. I think it's an awesome value without all the tech stuff and computers to worry about.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far, I agree with every post above mine.
Was undecided about 2 or 4 door, but after building out the $50k Badlands, it occured to me that was the sticker on my dream F250 XL .... just not worth 50k for the BL.
Looked at the math and saw TONS of value in a BaseManSquatch ..... late availability began to wear on me ... on a whim, I priced out the LOADED out Base2.7Squatch 2dr , bumpers , rails etc etc etc ....right at or just under $40k.

Just to tack on Big Bend is 5k, plus 1500 for mid....just doesn't work for me.
It's either $40k BASE or $50k Badlands.
The manual stills pulls at the heart strings....tired of waiting...maybe in a year or 3.

I'm really excited about my $40K Base2.7Squatch.

Edit: Jan 2022 update.
LOL!!!
I ended up ordering (and receiving) the $32k baseBase in my sig!

LOVE IT!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Almost the same. I was building out the BL 2-door.

Then as I thought about it more, I realized how much I liked buying a Sport (Base) Wrangler in the past and building it out just like I wanted.

So now I am going with Base 2.7L 2-door with Sas. The only option I'll add are the auxiliary switches. Then I'll use the $14K I'm saving to get a 2-3" lift, 37" tires, bumpers, Katzin heated/cooled seats, exhaust, soft top and who knows what else as the aftermarket gets going. And I'll still have money left over.
I don’t think I’ll lift it or put 37’s on, but I can’t wait to build it the way I want it. New exhaust sounds like a good idea.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're not nuts as I did the same thing...Or maybe we're both nuts? ? I went from a 2 door BL to a Base SAS and will use it the same as you. I think it's an awesome value without all the tech stuff and computers to worry about.
Yep. Less tech to break while off road also.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So far, I agree with every post above mine.
Was undecided about 2 or 4 door, but after building out the $50k Badlands, it occured to me that was the sticker on my dream F250 XL .... just not worth 50k for the BL.
Looked at the math and saw TONS of value in a BaseManSquatch ..... late availability began to wear on me ... on a whim, I priced out the LOADED out Base2.7Squatch 2dr , bumpers , rails etc etc etc ....right at or just under $40k.

Just to tack on Big Bend is 5k, plus 1500 for mid....just doesn't work for me.
It's either $40k BASE or $50k Badlands.
The manual stills pulls at the heart strings....tired of waiting...maybe in a year or 3.

I'm really excited about my $40K Base2.7Squatch.
I‘ve been building Broncos since the B&P came out trying to decide on model, packages, options and couldn’t. Now that I‘m pretty much decided on Base Sasquatch I feel calm. And yes, under $40,000 is amazing!

stueyd

Black Diamond
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If only Base + Manual + Sasquatch was an available option it would be such a no-brainer. My predicament is that I want a manual with at least 33" tires and a lift + suspension (doesn't have to be Sasquatch) and the Base + Sasquatch with the few goodies I want (hd bumper, switches) at $40k is only $5k difference and the manual + 33" + lift/suspension I want. :unsure:

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base

Great choice! If you're not into hard core off roading consider dropping the Sasquatch. Better handling and gas mileage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great choice! If you're not into hard core off roading consider dropping the Sasquatch. Better handling and gas mileage.
I did. My final decision is a basic Black Diamond. 🤷🏼‍♂️😅

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

No. I "downgraded" from a BL to a BD w/squatch and would have downgraded more but wanted the MGV.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. I "downgraded" from a BL to a BD w/squatch and would have downgraded more but wanted the MGV.
Yep. That’s why I went BD.

rk105rider

Base
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleys, Subaru Forester, Dodge Ram Van
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me that was an easy decision! Of course, my Salesperson steered me towards the Wildtrack or Badlands…and I looked at them…
But, I kept coming back to the 2 Door Base Model Sasquatch…and that’s what I have on order…

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basesquatch from day 1. Can't beat the value unless you're a rock climber and need the disconnect...
Sponsored