Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have 2.3 4DR BaseSquatch and it has the 4A mode on the t-case.

BTW....I love mine!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Swagger

Swagger

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the info. I received similar advice from someone else on here, and I ended up switching my order from BL to Base w/Sas and switches. I think I made the correct decision. BTW, what mods have you made so far?
As far as accessories, I went with the aux switches (no brainer); amber under-lights; rubber floor mats; door sill-plates; modular steel front bumper & bash plate; garage storage bags for front doors only; the rear vault; the tailgate fold-down table; paint protection film; cockpit cover; tonneau cover; 4 door covers & strap for the cargo area; the ARB air compressor; the battery charger & case; the CoverKing front seat covers with molle straps; 2 sets of molle bags: 1 for those seat covers, and a second set that fits nicely on the back of the fold-down table. This beast is loaded :^)
The air compressor is impressive. Works great, easy to use, and fits into a small case. I'm very happy with all of these items. If you have questions about any of them specifically, let me know.

Regarding after-market mods, nothing yet. But probably first will go with the Bring Your Own Device Rail (by the way, all Broncos come ready to mount this accessory on the dash). Next an ARB or 4WP rear bumper with towing capability. Then maybe some 360 lighting. I'm also looking at the Rockslide rock rails with electronic steps.

OP
OP
Swagger

Swagger

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have 2.3 4DR BaseSquatch and it has the 4A mode on the t-case.

BTW....I love mine!!
Awesome... I stand corrected!

OP
OP
Swagger

Swagger

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I get the two door base squatch as it is cheap, but if you are going four door doesn’t it make sense to go big bend?
That's a fair question. I looked at that. There were so many possible configurations that I can't recall all of what features came with each one -and the price differentials. Here's what I do recall about that comparison and choice...
If you go Big Bend then you're paying a few thousand more for some interior comforts that weren't important to me. What I did want was the off-road navigation. Ford offers off-road navigation via a 'Ford Performance' app (yet to be revealed) as part of the Sync 4 touch screen. This is only available if you also purchase the mid-package, which is not available with the Base Bronco trim. By the time I figured this out my order had likely been placed. But for me I'm not sure the extra money is worth the Ford off-road navigation anyway:
  1. Last I heard, no one had seen this Ford Performance app yet (different from the Ford Pass app).
  2. It's possible with the over the air updates that the off-road navigation app could eventually make it's way to the Base trims (it's the same Sync 4 system anyway).
  3. It's probable that the aftermarket industry off-road apps like OnX maps will render obsolete whatever the Ford Performance app can do.
  4. With the BYODevice rail that mounts phones/tablets/cameras to the dash, I may want to use that for off-road navigation anyway, keeping the Sync 4 touchscreen available for radio, settings, owners manual and other functions.
That said, I'll be curious to read your take on why Big Bend makes more sense.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know, it's a tough decision. I like the washout interior of BD, but I like sway bar (although I doubt I need that) and the cameras with the BL.

I don't know if it's worth the over $12+k price jump. At the same time, I just don't want to regret getting the BL that I ordered if I change over to the Base.
I got my 4Dr Base Sasquatch 2.7L in early August. The vehicle is great. 👍 I like the interior and it has a lot of tech. IMO, total waste of cash on the upper trims! That's how Ford makes its money BTW, kinda like the $5 Starbucks coffee with a squirt of flavored sugar and dollop of whipped cream 🍨

Last edited:

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

It's not. BaseSas isn't more capable than the Wildtrak either. They're the same. That's why I typed it's MORE capable than the other stock models.
ok, I agree. Lots of people think differently, I don't see any point in the Wildrak now that they
I get the two door base squatch as it is cheap, but if you are going four door doesn’t it make sense to go big bend?
Not if you Sasquatch. $4K for a leather wrapped steering wheel? $5K for that and mid -pkg? $6K for that and signature lights? I don't think so.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ok, I agree. Lots of people think differently, I don't see any point in the Wildrak now that they
Not if you Sasquatch. $4K for a leather wrapped steering wheel? $5K for that and mid -pkg? $6K for that and signature lights? I don't think so.
Thanks for this. In Canada the base Sasquatch and big bend Sasquatch is $1500 difference. I guess big bend allows you to buy the mid package which adds another $1500 roughly. So yeah I guess if you just want bare bones base makes sense. It really makes sense on the 2 door version.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's a fair question. I looked at that. There were so many possible configurations that I can't recall all of what features came with each one -and the price differentials. Here's what I do recall about that comparison and choice...
If you go Big Bend then you're paying a few thousand more for some interior comforts that weren't important to me. What I did want was the off-road navigation. Ford offers off-road navigation via a 'Ford Performance' app (yet to be revealed) as part of the Sync 4 touch screen. This is only available if you also purchase the mid-package, which is not available with the Base Bronco trim. By the time I figured this out my order had likely been placed. But for me I'm not sure the extra money is worth the Ford off-road navigation anyway:
  1. Last I heard, no one had seen this Ford Performance app yet (different from the Ford Pass app).
  2. It's possible with the over the air updates that the off-road navigation app could eventually make it's way to the Base trims (it's the same Sync 4 system anyway).
  3. It's probable that the aftermarket industry off-road apps like OnX maps will render obsolete whatever the Ford Performance app can do.
  4. With the BYODevice rail that mounts phones/tablets/cameras to the dash, I may want to use that for off-road navigation anyway, keeping the Sync 4 touchscreen available for radio, settings, owners manual and other functions.
That said, I'll be curious to read your take on why Big Bend makes more sense.
Thanks for sharing this makes a lot of sense. To me I like the mid package and it wasn’t that much more. Other than that yeah your rationale makes a lot of sense.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Thanks for this. In Canada the base Sasquatch and big bend Sasquatch is $1500 difference. I guess big bend allows you to buy the mid package which adds another $1500 roughly. So yeah I guess if you just want bare bones base makes sense. It really makes sense on the 2 door version.
wow! I didn't know that! The base-squatch is $38,500 and the BB-Squatch is $42,960 in the US. Definately not worth what you get for $4500 in my opinion. But if it was only $1500 then it would make it a better deal for sure.

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Placed my reservation on July 15 2020 and received this beast 3 weeks ago... It exceeds my expectations!
EF6CA7B4-E4A6-44F0-8D88-05FC8DE0284D.png
Congratulations! Beautiful Bronco, Rob!

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I waffled between the Base Sasquatch and Big Bend with locker, MID and tow. They priced out the same. Tow rating wasn't really enough for me to care about towing and mid package not really sure why. The locker package was a must for the gearing upgrade as I was going with the 2.3. Big Bend also would have gotten me the color I wanted, Cactus Grey, but I'm really liking the Velocity Blue. Family likes the VB too!

For my actual use, the Big Bend would probably have been the "better" call, but I wanted the better factory components so Base Sasquatch it is.

The 4DR Base Sasquatch with the 2.3 and auto is no slouch. It has plenty of pull. Gets into the turbo pretty quick, probably around 2800 rpm. I have no issues with the power.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just reserved a base 4dr Sasquatch. Compared to my 19 Jeep Wrangler sport altitude is has nearly the same creatures comforts. Only a few things are lacking, such as remote start, leather wrapped steering wheel, and heated seats. I’ve heard I can use the ford app to start the Bronco remotely so that shouldn’t be an issue. I live in the south so heated seats are not a must. Not gonna lie, I love the leather wrapped steering wheel in my Jeep so I will miss that. Curious to see how the Bronco’s feels by comparison? Anyway, it’s something that I can address pretty easily.

The base Sasquatch is a hell of a deal. 35’s + front and rear locker for 44K. Yes please. The other trims didn’t make much sense for the price.

Ford Bronco 4 door BaseSquatch received DD21CAC8-09B0-4987-A835-A4CBEE7A52AD
Sponsored

Last edited: