Sponsored

4 year wait for Bronco orders?

Do you have/ are you receiving a 21' year Bronco?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azfordman

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F150 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t see how this could even be possible. 2024? The Bronco won’t even be a thing by then. I’m probably in the same boat though, very early July 2020 reservation, then heard about Mansquatch so cancelled and placed a Grangetober reservation but haven’t placed order yet. I figured sometime in 2022 but def not 2024….Ouch.
Very possible if you want a 2 door, your dealer only has a small handful of allocations, and people keep walking in off the street to order 4 door soft tops. Remember the soft top is not an option in the 2 door.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gjennings12

gjennings12

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on where you are in Grange-tober, it is real. It's not Zach's fault. Ford has changed the rules with regards to allocation. The line of reservation holders is long at Granger and Ford will only allocate so many regardless of their capacity to produce enough Broncos to satisfy every reservation holder nationwide with a MY'22. I'm a Grange-tober buyer and I'm looking at MY'25 by the time my number is picked.
I would place another reservation at another dealership. Then you can just go with whichever bronco comes first.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that have been waiting a long time, had their reservation in, had their order placed, and feel they are losing out. Start a conversation with their dealer, and try to get a Ford rep involved. You have to advocate for yourself as much as possible. If the dealer wants your business, and Ford wants your business, let them know they are at risk of losing it. Let them know you understand the issues they have been having, and you understand there is going to be some delay. But let them know when your understanding ends, and it's time for them to step up.
Be that squeaky wheel, you've got nothing to lose, and much to gain.
And if your dealer won't go to bat for you with Ford, you may want to find another dealer.
or Ford could build our damn vehicles in timestamp order like they should...we shouldn't have to be kissing anybody's ass to get our cars built. They are supposed to be working for our business not the other way around.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My prediction remains that parts will be a bigger factor than allocations in 2022.

Ford has the plant capacity to build all the orders by the end of the summer. But I could see the supply chain issues getting worse before they get better. I doubt Ford has a clue how many Broncos they'll be able to build six months from now. It'll depend on covid and whether their suppliers' suppliers' suppliers have everything they need to make products. No one can predict that, not even a company with the resources of Ford.

Ultimately don't think anyone will be waiting until 2024 purely because of allocations. Having reservation holders wait while identical builds are being sold out of lots two years earlier is too toxic from a PR perspective. Ford might hate Granger and co., but they have to realize that punishing customers for the "sins" of the dealer is bad business.

Now, if hard top or 2.7L or chip production slows to a trickle because of supply issues, then we absolutely could be waiting until 2024, and not just at the disfavored dealers.

Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a brighter note, chip supplies are predicted to meet demand by mid-2022. That's one less thing to slow production. I can't believe that I gave up my July reservation because I didn't want a first year production model.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not part of the Grainger group. I went with my local dealer, just like Ford asked us to do when we first made the reservation.

Huh? Sure.. Ford suggested a default dealer near you (although they actually did not do that for Granger), but was very specific that we could choose our preferred dealer from anywhere we wanted and further, that they would be built in timestamp order and no dealer stock would be made before the reservations were completed. Just because you misunderstood that you had the freedom to research and choose which dealer you preferred does not mean that 'Ford asked you' to use that dealer.

Azfordman

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F150 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Base
Huh? Sure.. Ford suggested a default dealer near you (although they actually did not do that for Granger), but was very specific that we could choose our preferred dealer from anywhere we wanted and further, that they would be built in timestamp order and no dealer stock would be made before the reservations were completed. Just because you misunderstood that you had the freedom to research and choose which dealer you preferred does not mean that 'Ford asked you' to use that dealer.
I did choose the dealer I wanted. A small family dealership local to me. I have 3 dealerships in my hometown and picked the one that I had the best previous experience with. Ford has chosen to prioritize their large volume dealers, none of which are in my city.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good lord, man! Is that a record here. Feel for ya….
Oh heck no, 505 here, and there are thousands of folks with 7/13 and 7/14 reservations who've got nothing.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not part of the Grainger group. I went with my local dealer, just like Ford asked us to do when we first made the reservation.
Same and didn't turn out so good for us huh lol?

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would place another reservation at another dealership. Then you can just go with whichever bronco comes first.
You can't just place another reservation at another dealer.