First Name
Shailyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you had the 74weld steering rack installed and sturdier steering rods too otherwise... this won't be fun for long.. sadly that is

PCDan

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That wouldn’t work in Moab lol 😂

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fish512_

Fish512_

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 bronco, 1974 cj5, 2013 jku Moab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope you had the 74weld steering rack installed and sturdier steering rods too otherwise... this won't be fun for long.. sadly that is
rocking the Broncbuster steering upgrade... why would I pay for a whole rack when I get the better option for half the price? Also use first to market.....

OP
OP
Fish512_

Fish512_

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

been through TONS of cvs's but I wouldn't waste my money on a new rack when my upgraded Broncbuster upgrades are working

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

rocking the Broncbuster steering upgrade... why would I pay for a whole rack when I get the better option for half the price? Also use first to market.....
Ha ha ha ha!!!! yea..... you are right not sure why you would do that. But my guess is that you are not taking that to Moab.... even with your "upgrades"....

Look your truck looks bad ass..... Really does.... But with those tires that "upgraded" steering would not hold up in certain situations.... Yes the tie rod wrap makes the tie rod stronger. That makes the Steering rack as the next weak link. Yes the "bushing" that BB sold you does keep pressure on the failure mode... it also destroys the lash. Only reason I am saying this is not to chastise you, It is to let those of us living in the Rocky Mountains understand what it is they are getting into when they want to build something like what you have.... because it is very appealing. I am sure it works well for what you are using it for... But the pressures you are placing on that steering gear are very formidable. I think there are a couple good answers that I believe could potentially compensate for those additional forces.... I would warn others that it is my opinion that BB's answer is quite lacking and will cause other more serious problems beyond just bending a few tie rods.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fish512_

Fish512_

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha ha ha ha!!!! yea..... you are right not sure why you would do that. But my guess is that you are not taking that to Moab.... even with your "upgrades"....

Look your truck looks bad ass..... Really does.... But with those tires that "upgraded" steering would not hold up in certain situations.... Yes the tie rod wrap makes the tie rod stronger. That makes the Steering rack as the next weak link. Yes the "bushing" that BB sold you does keep pressure on the failure mode... it also destroys the lash. Only reason I am saying this is not to chastise you, It is to let those of us living in the Rocky Mountains understand what it is they are getting into when they want to build something like what you have.... because it is very appealing. I am sure it works well for what you are using it for... But the pressures you are placing on that steering gear are very formidable. I think there are a couple good answers that I believe could potentially compensate for those additional forces.... I would warn others that it is my opinion that BB's answer is quite lacking and will cause other more serious problems beyond just bending a few tie rods.
Thank you, 40's are too big for the bronco to do HEAVY rock climbing in my opinion and I know that. I break cv's often.... I am planning on coming to moab. I just enjoy wheeling locally here for now. THERE IS NO FIX FOR 40's YET but I do wheel her.... flopped her twice now and continue to push the limits.... but can't risk the biscuit too much since its my daily. put the 42's on for highway use instead of burning down my mickeys

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thank you, 40's are too big for the bronco to do HEAVY rock climbing in my opinion and I know that. I break cv's often.... I am planning on coming to moab. I just enjoy wheeling locally here for now. THERE IS NO FIX FOR 40's YET but I do wheel her.... flopped her twice now and continue to push the limits.... but can't risk the biscuit too much since its my daily. put the 42's on for highway use instead of burning down my mickeys
So you are breaking CV's??? I thought your lift was a body only... (which can be a pretty wise move if you do not mind carving the skin up. do you have any lift in the suspension? Then again What axle are you running in the front? 190?

OP
OP
Fish512_

Fish512_

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you are breaking CV's??? I thought your lift was a body only... (which can be a pretty wise move if you do not mind carving the skin up. do you have any lift in the suspension? Then again What axle are you running in the front? 190?
Badlands 210, I break at full droop and then shear them once they load up, will be changing my set up soon back to 37’s so I can wheel reliably

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Badlands 210, I break at full droop and then shear them once they load up, will be changing my set up soon back to 37’s so I can wheel reliably
Damn I was hoping the 210 would be a little stronger than that..... I guess I will have one more thing to add to the list.

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s my badlands on 42’s

bronco on 42 tires.jpg
Who will be first to put on Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS 58" tires or has it already happened. Looks nice in the blue.
Sponsored