Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not the owner, just the admirer. This 4dr – OB – 2.7L – HIGH – Leather, Bronco was a cancellation by the reservation holder and was bought by someone here on Oahu.

I only walked around the vehicle, and these are my impressions:

1) Size is perfect. I’m 5’9 and the OB tires come up to the top of my thigh. I have to raise my thigh to parallel to the ground if I was to step on the sidestep to get in (I did not step it 'cause it ain't mine). The door handle is at the top of my stomach and the top of the door is at my nipples. Standing next to it my head is at center of the window. It looks slightly narrower than the F150 and clearly not as long.
2) OB Tires / Wheels. I don’t like them in pictures. They look better in person. Tires are big enough to give the bronco a balanced look and the combo makes the OB look like a more “high-end” SUV than an off-road SUV. Looks good, just not aggressive, and definitely not small.
3) A51 color is true. Looks just like most of the photos I’ve seen. Shade or direct sunlight it looks great, I’m sticking with it but I do want to see the carb gray.
4) Fit and Finish. MIC looks good in person, there were some parts of the rubber seal where the front passenger panel connects with the center panel that looked like the seal was gouged or torn, nothing major. I did see some rust about fingernail size on the passenger side modular bumper end cap (edge closest to the wheel); owner should treat that quickly because of our island salt air. Interior looked good through the windows, but nothing special. Leather looked good (navy/gray) but a bit dark. Tint on the MIC is good and there is a slight tint on the front windows and maybe even the windshield. It was hard to look inside.
5) Window sticker showed $5,995 dealer markup. That’s standard for Honolulu Ford. I have a $1,900 markup on my order. Sale staff said the markup here will go up to $8-9K by next year easily if interest continues. I’m not sure what the buyer paid for this one. MSRP, options and destination were all true to the Build & Price Tool, so I think Honolulu Ford is being fair with us.

Extra thoughts (no need read unless you’re bored):

I’d love to link up with the owner of this OB to get their impressions of the buying process at Honolulu Ford. The salesman who walked me around the vehicle quickly said what I was glad to hear “Sorry we can’t let you see inside or test drive it, it’s sold…”. I told him I was glad to hear that, and I would be pissed to find out if they were letting people open or drive sold or reserved vehicles. He assured me they would not do that.

I spoke to Randy at the dealership about other Broncos coming and he said they will normally hold the vehicle for a couple weeks while calling / texting the res holder and make every effort to get a hold of the person before even thinking about selling to someone else.

All sales staff admitted to knowing very little about the Bronco. They haven’t driven one and they don’t know when they will receive their floor model. They were told by Ford that res orders are the priority. I was glad that the sales staff had a list with my name on it for the Badlands I have on order. Randy and I agreed that a SASQUATCH in Honolulu is gonna be a challenge to park and it’s gonna burn up gas in all the stop and go, but he said, “If you’re already getting the Badlands and your budget allows then why not get the bad a$$ look of the 35’s, plus you get a lift, wider fenders and better shocks.” He obviously knows more about the vehicle than the other sales staff and he got me thinking…. I know 33s are more than enough here and will look great, but the 35’s in Oahu… yeah that would be it for sure!!

To close: I’m glad I saw the OB in person. Motivated me to wait a little more patiently for my build. Love the Bronco and sticking it out, you should too!

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-1.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-2.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-3.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-04-2.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-05-2.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-07-2.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-08-2.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-09-2.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-10-2.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-11-2.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-options.jpg

4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-options2.jpg
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah that dealer markup looks about right probably add another 1500 for Maui.

How close is it to the airport I have an 1:34 minute layover in Honolulu o my way to Ohio friday:ROFLMAO:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also do you think the buyer ordered 14" wide wheels and 12.50 wide boggers yet for it? :ROFLMAO:

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You missed the two black sasquatches they just got. A 2-door outer banks and a wildtrak.

I am not the owner, just the admirer. This 4dr – OB – 2.7L – HIGH – Leather, Bronco was a cancellation by the reservation holder and was bought by someone here on Oahu.

I only walked around the vehicle, and these are my impressions:

1) Size is perfect. I’m 5’9 and the OB tires come up to the top of my thigh. I have to raise my thigh to parallel to the ground if I was to step on the sidestep to get in (I did not step it 'cause it ain't mine). The door handle is at the top of my stomach and the top of the door is at my nipples. Standing next to it my head is at center of the window. It looks slightly narrower than the F150 and clearly not as long.
2) OB Tires / Wheels. I don’t like them in pictures. They look better in person. Tires are big enough to give the bronco a balanced look and the combo makes the OB look like a more “high-end” SUV than an off-road SUV. Looks good, just not aggressive, and definitely not small.
3) A51 color is true. Looks just like most of the photos I’ve seen. Shade or direct sunlight it looks great, I’m sticking with it but I do want to see the carb gray.
4) Fit and Finish. MIC looks good in person, there were some parts of the rubber seal where the front passenger panel connects with the center panel that looked like the seal was gouged or torn, nothing major. I did see some rust about fingernail size on the passenger side modular bumper end cap (edge closest to the wheel); owner should treat that quickly because of our island salt air. Interior looked good through the windows, but nothing special. Leather looked good (navy/gray) but a bit dark. Tint on the MIC is good and there is a slight tint on the front windows and maybe even the windshield. It was hard to look inside.
5) Window sticker showed $5,995 dealer markup. That’s standard for Honolulu Ford. I have a $1,900 markup on my order. Sale staff said the markup here will go up to $8-9K by next year easily if interest continues. I’m not sure what the buyer paid for this one. MSRP, options and destination were all true to the Build & Price Tool, so I think Honolulu Ford is being fair with us.

Extra thoughts (no need read unless you’re bored):

I’d love to link up with the owner of this OB to get their impressions of the buying process at Honolulu Ford. The salesman who walked me around the vehicle quickly said what I was glad to hear “Sorry we can’t let you see inside or test drive it, it’s sold…”. I told him I was glad to hear that, and I would be pissed to find out if they were letting people open or drive sold or reserved vehicles. He assured me they would not do that.

I spoke to Randy at the dealership about other Broncos coming and he said they will normally hold the vehicle for a couple weeks while calling / texting the res holder and make every effort to get a hold of the person before even thinking about selling to someone else.

All sales staff admitted to knowing very little about the Bronco. They haven’t driven one and they don’t know when they will receive their floor model. They were told by Ford that res orders are the priority. I was glad that the sales staff had a list with my name on it for the Badlands I have on order. Randy and I agreed that a SASQUATCH in Honolulu is gonna be a challenge to park and it’s gonna burn up gas in all the stop and go, but he said, “If you’re already getting the Badlands and your budget allows then why not get the bad a$$ look of the 35’s, plus you get a lift, wider fenders and better shocks.” He obviously knows more about the vehicle than the other sales staff and he got me thinking…. I know 33s are more than enough here and will look great, but the 35’s in Oahu… yeah that would be it for sure!!

To close: I’m glad I saw the OB in person. Motivated me to wait a little more patiently for my build. Love the Bronco and sticking it out, you should too!

Ford Bronco 4dr OB Walk-around Impressions: Hawaii’s First Bronco 4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-options2

Ford Bronco 4dr OB Walk-around Impressions: Hawaii’s First Bronco 4dr OB  V6 A51 High - Honolulu Ford-options2

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ha! First Bronco on islands goes to rando non res holder. Shocking!

Sponsored

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A dealer here in Easton MD has had two Bronco's come in so far that were cancelled reservations. Both had a $10,000 ADM and both sold within a few days.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats cheap for Oahu! That island tax usually starts at $10k for new vehicles.
The dealers act like the importing of mainlabd vehicles is so expensive that they have to pass the cost to the consumer. Cycle City on Pu'uloa tried that shit with me. $8k to drag a sportster onto a boat and double its value? GTFOH! LOL

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah that dealer markup looks about right probably add another 1500 for Maui.

How close is it to the airport I have an 1:34 minute layover in Honolulu o my way to Ohio friday:ROFLMAO:
7 min! Do it, you won’t regret it but call to make sure it’s still on the lot lol
Ford Bronco 4dr OB Walk-around Impressions: Hawaii’s First Bronco F151A87C-CD55-4EE0-B078-B55887A0BD0B

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also do you think the buyer ordered 14" wide wheels and 12.50 wide boggers yet for it? :ROFLMAO:
Yeah doubt it. This Hawaii brah, put 6” lift and keep stock wheels and tires 😱

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
7 min! Do it, you won’t regret it but call to make sure it’s still on the lot lol
Ford Bronco 4dr OB Walk-around Impressions: Hawaii’s First Bronco F151A87C-CD55-4EE0-B078-B55887A0BD0B
Damn thats tempting! Wonder if my wife will let me??

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You missed the two black sasquatches they just got. A 2-door outer banks and a wildtrak.
No way! They said none have arrived except that OB. Pics or it didn’t happen

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn thats tempting! Wonder if my wife will let me??
“Here honey, hold my carry-on luggage, I’ll be right back gotta take a dump!” 🤔

OP
OP
ssolypop

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats just for safety check day. 364 days of the year out some the super wides.
True and wheels with more poke than the tires!
Sponsored