Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • Banned
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch Delivered! First impressions IMG_9273

*Confession* it is for my 20 year old daughter but im daring her to mess up so i can take it back
Backstory:
Dealer ordered my Bronco without my knowledge
July 12th Build date
Worked with Ford to get my order transferred to another dealer (Mullinax in Mobile, AL) who honored X Plan
Swapped to a soft top from a Painted Black top
Bronco sat in a rail car 50 miles from the auto unloading facility for the whole month of August
Had some damage on the front bumper from transport that dealer is fixing.
Delivered 8/31

First Impressions:
Size:
It is BIG (externally). Fills up my garage and sits up tall but not hard to get into like my 2020 F150 FX4.
Interior space seems about like the 4Runner it replaced. Cozy. Backseat legroom was a bit cramped (im 6'2") with a taller driver.

Powertrain:
2.7 had plenty of juice and the transmission was buttery smooth. Much better than the 10 spd in my F150. The Sasquatch's 4.70 gears are perfect! I pulled up next to some neighbors in a golf cart so they could check it out, he said "Is it electric? I cant hear it running." I said, "it shuts off when you stop to save gas", well, it was still running! My wife has a 2.3 ecoboost and it is buzzy. Glad i went with the 2.7.

Interior:
I had major reservations about the navy pier with the Black exterior. The navy pier blues were very muted so it turned out to be a nonissue. I did see a Coffee/Black leather OBX and I would probably have ordered that if i had a do over. 12 Inch Display is HUGE and I like it! Lots of options to play with, The fun has only just begun. I order the Rubber floor mats and they are very nice! Somewhat surprised that the seats were manual with a High package.

Soft Top:
Overall it seems ok. Doesn't really look good with it folded back once but not worth the effort to take off the back windows. Once you figure out how to take off the back windows, it is pretty quick although it seems like you could scratch the paint if you tried to do it by yourself. Wavy back windows bother me but i guess it is a necessary evil....

Radio:
I was prepared for the worst with the base system, (i have 6 new speakers ready to go in). It could be better but not as bad as I was expecting. Bass does suck though.

Ride/Driving/Noise:
The ride is really pretty good with the 35's. It drives like a small truck in reality., very nimble , and easy to park. Brakes are good. Noise is acceptable with a soft top. You can carry on a conversation at high speeds. I t drives and tracks really, really well. Mileage is sitting at 16+ per gauge but we have been warned....

Needs:
Locking lugs for all 5 wheels
Door Sill Scuff Plates
Cargo area mat

Overall:
The wait SUCKED. Getting the Bronco finally has been a huge relief and the 2021 Bronco so far seems to be an incredible machine. Bottom line: HANG IN THERE!
Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch Delivered! First impressions C725B1E0-7027-4B51-AC80-9114C0EA42D9

*Confession* it is for my 20 year old daughter but im daring her to mess up so i can take it back
Backstory:
July 12th Build date
Worked with Ford to get my order transferred to another dealer (Mullinax in Mobile, AL) who honored X Plan
Bronco sat in a rail car 50 miles from the auto unloading facility for the whole month of August
Delivered 8/31

First Impressions:
Size:
It is BIG (externally). Fills up my garage and sits up tall but not hard to get into like my 2020 F150 FX4.
Interior space seems about like the 4Runner it replaced. Cozy. Backseat legroom was a bit cramped (im 6'2") with a taller driver.

Powertrain:
2.7 had plenty of juice and the transmission was buttery smooth. Much better than the 10 spd in my F150. The Sasquatch's 4.70 gears are perfect! I pulled up next to some neighbors in a golf cart so they could check it out, he said "Is it electric? I cant hear it running." I said, "it shuts off when you stop to save gas", well, it was still running! My wife has a 2.3 ecoboost and it is buzzy. Glad i went with the 2.7.

Interior:
I had major reservations about the navy pier with the Black exterior. The navy pier blues were very muted so it turned out to be a nonissue. I did see a Coffee/Black leather OBX and I would probably have ordered that if i had a do over. 12 Inch Display is HUGE and I like it! Lots of options to play with, The fun has only just begun. I order the Rubber floor mats and they are very nice! Somewhat surprised that the seats were manual with a High package.

Soft Top:
Overall it seems ok. Doesn't really look good with it folded back once but not worth the effort to take off the back windows. Once you figure out how to take off the back windows, it is pretty quick although it seems like you could scratch the paint if you tried to do it by yourself. Wavy back windows bother me but i guess it is a necessary evil....

Radio:
I was prepared for the worst with the base system, (i have 6 new speakers ready to go in). It could be better but not as bad as I was expecting. Bass does suck though.

Ride/Driving/Noise:
The ride is really pretty good with the 35's. It drives like a small truck in reality., very nimble , and easy to park. Brakes are good. Noise is acceptable with a soft top. You can carry on a conversation at high speeds. I t drives and tracks really, really well. Mileage is sitting at 16+ per gauge but we have been warned....

Needs:
Door Sill Scuff Plates
Cargo area mat

Overall:
The wait SUCKED. Getting the Bronco finally has been a huge relief and the 2021 Bronco so far seems to be an incredible machine. Bottom line: HANG IN THERE!
Thanks for the review. I have a Cyber Orange Sasquatch OBX soft top coming soon (I hope), so this was useful. 🙂

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Thanks for the post and review. Congrats!

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! A dealer ordering without your knowledge is fairly rare, but a dealer honoring the X-Plan is just about unheard of.

OP
OP
Gobraphil

Gobraphil

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
  • Banned
Congrats! A dealer ordering without your knowledge is fairly rare, but a dealer honoring the X-Plan is just about unheard of.
Pretty sure dealers ordering Broncos without permission was a very widespread problem that took months of manual intervention to clean up by the Bronco team. To their credit, they took care of it...

OutOfOffice

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any luck on finding a cargo mat that has openings for the tie down hooks?

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost looks like antimatter green at the rear from the reflection. Why locking wheel nuts? A lot of wheel theft in Alabama? I've never had them nor have I worried about it. Usually just more of a hassle when you can't find the key for them (at least on my wife's car).

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch Delivered! First impressions C725B1E0-7027-4B51-AC80-9114C0EA42D9

Backstory:
July 12th Build date
Delivered 8/31

First Impressions:
Size:

Powertrain:

Interior:

Soft Top:

Radio:

Ride/Driving/Noise:

Needs:
Door Sill Scuff Plates
Cargo area mat

Overall:
Any more pics? Basically what we're getting (but with MIC top).

OP
OP
Gobraphil

Gobraphil

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Almost looks like antimatter green at the rear from the reflection. Why locking wheel nuts? A lot of wheel theft in Alabama? I've never had them nor have I worried about it. Usually just more of a hassle when you can't find the key for them (at least on my wife's car).
The black paint actually has blue specks in it. Weird!
Not necesssarily a lot of tire theft but it is cheap insurance. It would be $1000 to replace the spare tire i would bet.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shame about the massive oil leak. LOL, congrats to you and your lucky daughter. She looks very happy and you'll be wearing one of these very soon. In a men's medium, of course

Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch Delivered! First impressions Number 1 Dad

OP
OP
Gobraphil

Gobraphil

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any more pics? Basically what we're getting (but with MIC top).
Here are a few... Anything in particular you would like to see? New Bronco badges look AWESOME!!

IMG_9279 2.jpg

IMG_9280 3.jpg

IMG_9285.jpg
Sponsored