First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
You absolutely can swap between hard and soft (just like in real life.. ha).
Haha! I'm leaning towards hard even if it Nancy pol
In that case Nancy Polosie will ban hard tops, better get it quick.
Hahaha ?. In that case better go with soft. Won't be needing the hard what with hearing Nancy Polosi's voice on the news everyday. Heck they might even ban it.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
markregel

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Until we see a freakin' video of just what it does and how....we're guessing. For one, you have to decide if you're ok with the gray MIC top or not. I kinda got used to that.....but I really wanted to remove those rear glass panels and have the bikini/safari look much of the time. So that pushed me back to the soft top....but if it isn't made by Best Top...and it's 50/50 on that...it depends on how it works. But if it's not by BT and I don't like it, then what? Spend $700 on a hard top I don't want and then $2k from BT to get one I do want later????
I'm going with carbon grey and happy with the way the MIC top looks.

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Saw this earlier on Facebook:

126314077_10223477110303493_4178801446457996909_n.jpg

This is the clearest pic I have seen of the rear lift capability. It appears to still function even in the sun-rider position. While it look goofy, I can tell you this is a nice feature compared to my JKU.
I was looking forward to this feature but now that I see it I wonder how that plastic window holds up in the cold weather? In my mind I thought the entire thing was going to lift on an angle so the windows would stay "flat".

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was looking forward to this feature but now that I see it I wonder how that plastic window holds up in the cold weather? In my mind I thought the entire thing was going to lift on an angle so the windows would stay "flat".
A lot of fiats here in Chicago area and tops hold up fine. Most soft top videos I've seen show removing windows before folding.

Sponsored

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A lot of fiats here in Chicago area and tops hold up fine. Most soft top videos I've seen show removing windows before folding.
Good to hear they hold up. I was thinking this feature was going to help with loading things in the back when you come out of the store etc., Hoping it was going to be a some kind of flip up, load, flip down, and away we go so yeah taking the windows out is not an option but I was hoping thinking they should stay flat to prevent long-term repetitive cracking. I know I always hated the jeep soft top zipper window being in the way when loading in the back. Either way its nice to have!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to hear they hold up. I was thinking this feature was going to help with loading things in the back when you come out of the store etc., Hoping it was going to be a some kind of flip up, load, flip down, and away we go so yeah taking the windows out is not an option but I was hoping thinking they should stay flat to prevent long-term repetitive cracking. I know I always hated the jeep soft top zipper window being in the way when loading in the back. Either way its nice to have!
Surely they won't have that old zip design! But we don't know much yet....

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you order a soft top, will it come ready for a hard top conversion? Meaning, will it have electrical and plumbing for wipers, washers, etc?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you order a soft top, will it come ready for a hard top conversion? Meaning, will it have electrical and plumbing for wipers, washers, etc?
Yes.

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the rear section normally would lift with the side windows flat, except they also have the convertible top pulled back which looks like it is limiting the rear from lifting up properly.

Sponsored

BLee

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you go soft top from Jeep you do not get wiring for the rear defrost, wiper, or the rear washer tank and plumbing.

Has it been confirmed from Ford that you get all the wiring and plumbing for the hard top if you do not get a hard top?

And if the soft top opens like the JL you won’t have any zippers. But, be prepared to spend a few minutes taking the side windows and rear windows out. You can’t put the top down completely with those left on.

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited, 1976 VW poptop Bus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Soft top is a lifestyle choice. It's great to be able to quickly switch back and forth between covered/open when there are rainstorms, after you drop the kids at school on a sorta chilly morning, etc.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It all depends how Ford set this up. Prior softtop / hardtop experience it was one or the other. Use the soft top for summer and swap to hardtop for winter. I eventually went full softip all year long because it was just easier.

Hardtops were a bitch to fully remove alone and you needed at least two people to remove the rear.

Noise levels are subjective until we see a video.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It all depends how Ford set this up. Prior softtop / hardtop experience it was one or the other. Use the soft top for summer and swap to hardtop for winter. I eventually went full softip all year long because it was just easier.

Hardtops were a bitch to fully remove alone and you needed at least two people to remove the rear.

Noise levels are subjective until we see a video.
There will be a video? ?? When the unicorn returns I'm afraid.
Sponsored