Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford account

if you are monitoring posts
I see a lot of send me vin and information but no update on 4L reverse camera issue on 8 inch screen not working

So Ford - what is the latest status

Thanks
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is no software available for the update yet.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had received 2 notices for this recall from Ford and my Bronco does have the issue. I had it in for the front driveshaft issue and asked that they fix this at the same time. Dealer told me my VIN was not listed for the recall, yet I've received 2 notices and do have the issue. Wonder what's up? I also thought it could be fixed with an OTA update but @Ducati1098 this isn't available?

Related: My Fordpass shows last update 6/27/22 and that my auto update is off, yet whenever I check the Bronco it shows as being on....

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Feels like Ford pulled an apple. "oh there is an unfixable bug with the 8" screen? Give them all 12" screens F the ones who already have the 8" screens they already gave us their money."

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had received 2 notices for this recall from Ford and my Bronco does have the issue. I had it in for the front driveshaft issue and asked that they fix this at the same time. Dealer told me my VIN was not listed for the recall, yet I've received 2 notices and do have the issue. Wonder what's up? I also thought it could be fixed with an OTA update but @Ducati1098 this isn't available?

Related: My Fordpass shows last update 6/27/22 and that my auto update is off, yet whenever I check the Bronco it shows as being on....
Ford Bronco 4L reverse camera issue on 8 inch screen.. Ford what is update 1692384801888

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is from Ford website on my 2022:

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Recalls *
Accessory protocol interface module software updateRecall Incomplete

Campaign/NHTSA#
22C27/22V825
Issue Date
2022-11-03
Description
When driving your vehicle in 4WD low mode, the rear view camera image may reappear on the sync screen after completing a backing event.
Safety Risk
The reappearance of the rear view camera image may distract the driver, increasing the risk of a crash.
Remedy
Ford Motor Company has released software for 22C27. Your vehicle is capable of Ford power up software updates. When automatic updates are turned on standard from the factory, the software will be downloaded to your vehicle over a private wi-fi network or through your vehicles modem through the cellular network. The software installation will happen after the download. Note refer to ford.comsupport for further information on your Ford power up software updates system. Should the software fail to load or install properly, Ford has authorized your dealer to install 22C27 software free of charge parts and labor under the terms of this program.
Next Steps
Contact your local dealer and schedule a maintenance appointment. To find your local dealer, use the "find a dealer" feature below.

Ive tried everything for the auto update but nothing happens. My dealer told me they can do it but its 2.5hrs.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've tried everything for the auto update but nothing happens. My dealer told me they can do it but its 2.5hrs.
Auto update isn't going to do anything. Ford is specifically saying NOT to update 8" screens. So they wont be sending any OTA updates.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I apparently don’t get why this is an issue. I changed the settings on my camera to stay on after I take it out of reverse because I find it helpful in some tight situations. When I put it in a forward gear after backing it will turn off around 2-3 mph or there is an “x” in the upper left hand corner to turn it off. For those bothered by the camera staying on have you tried checking the settings to see if the delayed off got activated? Or maybe try cycling that setting to see if it clears?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not only is there no fix for this, but I also haven't gotten any OTA updates for over a year.

I wouldn't say no to a 12" screen upgrade...

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I find this to be a minor annoyance, but would like it fixed. Since it is considered a safety related recall I would think Ford has to and will come up with a fix. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I find this to be a minor annoyance, but would like it fixed. Since it is considered a safety related recall I would think Ford has to and will come up with a fix. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.
So I was thinking about this as I also have the 8" screen. The initial update actually bricked the 8" screen so that is why the warning to dealers to NOT install the update going forward. Being that it is a safety recall (really just a minor annoyance IMO), Ford has to resolve it.

The 12" screen for all MY'24 trims might not just be about streamlining production and trickle-down features to lower trims. But rather, it also solves the ongoing safety recall associated with the 8" screen.

Replacing the 8" screen with the 12" screen to resolve the recall seems like an expensive option for Ford. But they have been aware of the recall and have not provided a resolution for some time.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm very confused, I got a recall mail from Ford last year stating that the software will update automatically or you can take it into the dealer to have them do it to fix the issue. No where did it state not for 8" screen and they sent it to me specifically with my VIN number and I have an 8" screen so I don't see where you guys are pulling info about it being an issue with this screen specifically. Has anyone actually had an issue after the software update? Or are we all just getting our pitchforks ready prematurely?

Edit: here is proof that it is saying to do it for my 8" screen
Ford Bronco 4L reverse camera issue on 8 inch screen.. Ford what is update 1000002586
Ford Bronco 4L reverse camera issue on 8 inch screen.. Ford what is update 1000002585

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm very confused, I got a recall mail from Ford last year stating that the software will update automatically or you can take it into the dealer to have them do it to fix the issue. No where did it state not for 8" screen and they sent it to me specifically with my VIN number and I have an 8" screen so I don't see where you guys are pulling info about it being an issue with this screen specifically. Has anyone actually had an issue after the software update? Or are we all just getting our pitchforks ready prematurely?

Edit: here is proof that it is saying to do it for my 8" screen
Ford Bronco 4L reverse camera issue on 8 inch screen.. Ford what is update 1000002585
I have the issue, unresolved. Apparently Ford has told dealers not to do the update on 8 inch screens, they imply it may cause other problems. My last update was 6/22, and I have had it to the dealer.
Sponsored