Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With Christmas right around the corner, I know what you're all thinking: What can I get sjp?

Problem solved! A gift card from On Trail Training is just the ticket to fill my holiday stocking :D

Looks like they have both public and private classes in driving skills, recovery, and vehicle prep and repair.

Seriously though, I do plan on taking these courses. I've done a lot of backroad driving in Colorado (a LOT), but I wouldn't feel comfortable tackling the more difficult trails without some training and experience.

If enough of us get our Broncos around the same time next year, may want to consider a private group class next fall. For the married folks out there, would also be a good class for the better half.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm,interested in this as well. I thought ford was going to offer something like this?
Maybe they are. I haven't heard.

This place is in Colorado and has a permit for the Pike-San Isabel National Forest (aka "my neck of the woods" - I can literally see it out my window) and I like the idea of learning on local trails. If public land on-trail driving guide permits are as tough to come by as public land hiking and climbing guide permits, they may be one of the few Colorado Front Range services offering this kind of training.

However, I would not be surprised if this industry explodes next year.

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe they are. I haven't heard.

This place is in Colorado and has a permit for the Pike-San Isabel National Forest (aka "my neck of the woods" - I can literally see it out my window) and I like the idea of learning on local trails. If public land on-trail driving guide permits are as tough to come by as public land hiking and climbing guide permits, they may be one of the few Colorado Front Range services offering this kind of training.

However, I would not be surprised if this industry explodes next year.

I'm pretty sure that's what the off Rodeo will be but not sure. This is what I found

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...8/2021-ford-bronco-off-roadeo-driving-school/

Reactions: sjp

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone better work on this damn pandemic so the border opens and I can get down to something like this. I would sign up right now if I knew I could make it.

Sponsored

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The company I work for also owns a 4x4 shop, so I thought about doing quarterly trail rides with all 6G Bronco owners and have the shop act as guides for the day, teaching lines, spotting, when to engage lockers & sway bar, 1 foot driving, winches, etc. Would anybody be interested in that?

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The company I work for also owns a 4x4 shop, so I thought about doing quarterly trail rides with all 6G Bronco owners and have the shop act as guides for the day, teaching lines, spotting, when to engage lockers & sway bar, 1 foot driving, winches, etc. Would anybody be interested in that?
Yes, I would.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CentennialState

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very fast stuff
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be. Sounds like a cool idea!

Sponsored

RMKRubicon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '95 YJ. Former: '08 JKR, '99 LC100,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With Christmas right around the corner, I know what you're all thinking: What can I get sjp?

Problem solved! A gift card from On Trail Training is just the ticket to fill my holiday stocking :D

Looks like they have both public and private classes in driving skills, recovery, and vehicle prep and repair.
I've taken a one-day training with Matt, the owner of On Trail Training, and it was a great experience. Matt is very knowledgeable, quite skilled, and preaches the SAFE operation of equipment and techniques. He is calm and thorough when delivering information. I believe the training will be worth your time and money.

Reactions: sjp
OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've taken a one-day training with Matt, the owner of On Trail Training, and it was a great experience. Matt is very knowledgeable, quite skilled, and preaches the SAFE operation of equipment and techniques. He is calm and thorough when delivering information. I believe the training will be worth your time and money.
Good to know. Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for - safety first for sure.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I also highly recommend training. I have taken the basic and advanced recovery courses through Matt @ ontrailtraining and as an experienced wheeler, learned quite a bit. Be ready to spend money afterwards, as there are great tools to make recovery and self-recovery much easier! I am part of Colorado Rescue and Recovery. I will be equipping and using the new Bronco for vehicle recoveries here in the Front Range! Most recoveries come down to the stuck party not having the equipment or knowledge to get themselves out of their situation.
Sponsored