First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep does this too, or did. It really showcases the vehicles, more than training or skill, at least for the Jeep one-day thing.

This is really going to explode. "Overlanding" and off road training will blow up next year and be big for 3 - 5 years. If you're interested in manufacturing parts, or offering training, now is the time to get into the business. For most people it'll be short-lived, but some folks will be able to make a living doing this as a vocation. It's going to be a "fad" for the most part, with a certain percentage really enjoying it and making it a new found passion. Lots of relationships will be made and a higher percentage will do it, not find a passion, or will drop out of the business when it slows. Should be a fun ride for a while, while a bunch of "newbies" drop their coins in the bucket to watch the show.
Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With Christmas right around the corner, I know what you're all thinking: What can I get sjp?

Problem solved! A gift card from On Trail Training is just the ticket to fill my holiday stocking :D

Looks like they have both public and private classes in driving skills, recovery, and vehicle prep and repair.

Seriously though, I do plan on taking these courses. I've done a lot of backroad driving in Colorado (a LOT), but I wouldn't feel comfortable tackling the more difficult trails without some training and experience.

If enough of us get our Broncos around the same time next year, may want to consider a private group class next fall. For the married folks out there, would also be a good class for the better half.
I think a group class would be a great way for us to meet. I have taken the classes, but would sign up again as part of a Bronco class.

Reactions: sjp
OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think a group class would be a great way for us to meet. I have taken the classes, but would sign up again as part of a Bronco class.
I'm planning on it for sure, and I'll be taking names and adding them to my spreadsheet, along with a new column: "Has a Winch." (And no, I don't have one!)

Always looking for new, well-equipped trail buddies :)

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Friends with winches (and tire chains) are the best! Just about to install this 18k beast on my 67 Bronco.

269790CB-88D7-4A12-A03E-E71E79145EF6.jpeg

OP
OP
sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Friends with winches (and tire chains) are the best! Just about to install this 18k beast on my 67 Bronco.

Ford Bronco 4x4 Courses and Training 269790CB-88D7-4A12-A03E-E71E79145EF6
That does it. I'm updating all my online dating profiles:

"Before I consider meeting up with you, please post a photo of your winch."

Hahaha! Just kidding, of course. But maybe not.

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That does it. I'm updating all my online dating profiles:

"Before I consider meeting up with you, please post a photo of your winch."

Hahaha! Just kidding, of course. But maybe not.
I would think that a picture of a winch would be a nice break from the typical dating app photo received!

• Haha

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is good to see Forum members planning with a focus on training. Although your base of operations is in Colorado, other areas of the country may have training facilities, and members may want to begin exploring their options.

Although Ford will be offering Off Roadeo for Bronco and Bronco Sport Badlands owners, I suspect the curriculum may focus primarily on Ford specific technology such as GOAT modes, Trail Control, Trail Turn Assist, etc. We may be taught how and when to use the function as well as when not to use it.

My base of operations will be northern New Hampshire and northern Maine. I have identified a training organization in the link below.
TRAIL RATING GUIDE & REQUIRED EQUIPMENT — NORTHEAST ADVENTURE COMPANY

To supplement my Off Roadeo training, I plan to begin with the basics for tire repair, GMRS radio, rescue, and recovery with and without a winch, etc.

For me, those classes require mandatory gear and will probably open for enrollment on January 1, 2021.

It is good to begin planning.

PS - I found it interesting how the two 2021 Jeep Jamboree events in northern New England require GMRS radios with your GMRS license. No more CB radios. Times are changing!

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ugh just do it. we're still a free society until January 20.

CraigB

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The company I work for also owns a 4x4 shop, so I thought about doing quarterly trail rides with all 6G Bronco owners and have the shop act as guides for the day, teaching lines, spotting, when to engage lockers & sway bar, 1 foot driving, winches, etc. Would anybody be interested in that?
I’d go

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be interested if a group discount can be negotiated. However, I have an Oct Granger reservation. Not expecting my Bronco until 2022.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a decent amount of experience, including training as an ORV instructor for the state of MI, but I have lots to learn. We are doing the off-roadeo, which should cover lots of basics for me and my wife. I would be interested in more, particularly if it was centered around Broncos!
Sponsored