swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well, I have a JCR full hard top full rack, which is 62 lbs , ikamper tent is 165lbs, me 182lbs, my wife 148 lbs, kid 95 lbs, second one 25lbs, so math is = 682lbs. Total weight when we are camping all together. So far we slept 10-12 times together on the roof top tent, nothing happened (yet). I am concerned about it but I got this car for fun, family fun, if it will break I will fix it. Sorry for the late reply
Fantastic! My load and tent are very closed (but totally different rig).

Did you get the JCR brace/reinforcement kit (load shunt as I call it)?

If you didn't get the reinforcement do you notice and hard top bulge near the rear windows?

I figured the specs from Ford were quite conservative.
Sponsored

OP
OP
drvahe

drvahe

Wildtrak
First Name
Vahe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fantastic! My load and tent are very closed (but totally different rig).

Did you get the JCR brace/reinforcement kit (load shunt as I call it)?

If you didn't get the reinforcement do you notice and hard top bulge near the rear windows?

I figured the specs from Ford were quite conservative.
No, I did get any reinforcement kit, and I don't see any bulges , I didn't know existence of that kit, now you made me think about it. :)

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All that and no winch?

OP
OP
drvahe

drvahe

Wildtrak
First Name
Vahe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All that and no winch?
That is because I did a mistake with front bumper, I thought I can add winch plate later, but no, they are selling now differernt model of Havoc bumper with winch plate. I called Havoc if they can exchange it , but no luck I need to buy a new model, so I will go with JCR soon.

I am still learning world off off-roading accessories, everything was installed and wired by me, no labor paid (beside suspension).

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

B_rad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep GC/2018 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All those accessories but no mud flaps:unsure:

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, any type of lift (proper and not proper) is changing the geometry , oem tie rods with my lift kinda like fuse , so I better have broken tie rod than messed up steering rack, I am running on 35's now, in future if I break tie rod, than I will consider to going to HOSSs
hey man - sorry for my ignorance - but are you guys saying that upgrading to better tie rods would mess up the steer rack?

OP
OP
drvahe

drvahe

Wildtrak
First Name
Vahe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
hey man - sorry for my ignorance - but are you guys saying that upgrading to better tie rods would mess up the steer rack?
by upgrading a tie rode by it self will not damage anything, but torsional stress will. Look I am dentist, I can give an example from my field . If you have one tinny tooth root and you will place a beefy crown on it, guess which part will break when you apply a pressure on it? That is why Ford made their tie rodes proportional to the steering rack, 35 tires, power train, suspension. But since we modifying one of those components for better off-roading capabilities ( in my case suspension) , we are changing geometry and that proportion engineered by Ford is changing too, we are applying now more torsional stress on some components which were not designed for that. So by replacing tinny tie rode with more beefy one will not benefit you as much, but will transfer excessive torsional stress to weaker components. It's like a chain. You need to upgrade whole chain of steering components. Sorry for my English, I am non-native English speaker.

Sponsored

B_rad

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep GC/2018 GMC Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mud flaps for pavement princesses. JK :)
Actually there to keep the rocks from flinging off your tires ruining your paint, also prevents rooster tails! But hey, you do you.

Johnny Vikes

First Edition
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco FE, 2 door base-mansquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
by upgrading a tie rode by it self will not damage anything, but torsional stress will. Look I am dentist, I can give an example from my field . If you have one tinny tooth root and you will place a beefy crown on it, guess which part will break when you apply a pressure on it? That is why Ford made their tie rodes proportional to the steering rack, 35 tires, power train, suspension. But since we modifying one of those components for better off-roading capabilities ( in my case suspension) , we are changing geometry and that proportion engineered by Ford is changing too, we are applying now more torsional stress on some components which were not designed for that. So by replacing tinny tie rode with more beefy one will not benefit you as much, but will transfer excessive torsional stress to weaker components. It's like a chain. You need to upgrade whole chain of steering components. Sorry for my English, I am non-native English speaker.
Thanks @drvahe !!! Excellent analogy - makes perfect sense. Essentially, if i upgraded my tie rods, it might not snap, but it would be at the expense of the steering rack and other components. I was initially under the impresssion that the tie rods were just substandard quality. And your English is perfect -I wouldnt know it wasn’t your native language unless you mentioned it.

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice build! Do you mind posting few more pictures of front bumper?
Sponsored