Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If ford actually intends to release it at NAIAS then I’m excited af. They’ve been releasing big stuff at their own events, if they decide to release it there then they are intending to “break the internet” for lack of a better term.
The GT was announced at the Detroit Auto Show in 2015, wasn't it? I remember how breathless the internet was about it then, maybe Ford is hoping the Bronco will make that big of a splash.

Unfortunately that may mean we don't get many details leading up if they are wanting maximum impact when we do see it.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The GT was announced at the Detroit Auto Show in 2015, wasn't it? I remember how breathless the internet was about it then, maybe Ford is hoping the Bronco will make that big of a splash.

Unfortunately that may mean we don't get many details leading up if they are wanting maximum impact when we do see it.
Honestly if anything the Bronco should make a bigger splash. Nobody except car people know what a Ford GT is (talking to my parents they thought it was a mustang until I showed them a picture)

EVERYBODY knows what a Bronco is.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do love how you just say random things all the time that are totally, definitely not in any way related to what we're talking about or giving us any insight :)
I took that to imply the Bronco 'reveal' might be earlier in Mexico than the USA. I'll check some Mex websites & let you know. :)

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took that to imply the Bronco 'reveal' might be earlier in Mexico than the USA. I'll check some Mex websites & let you know. :)
Only if you understand what earlier in not Merica means..

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So...are you thinking June 9 Begins of the Dance of the Seven Veils...or will we see the whole enchilada???
If it's anything like the other Ford vehicle debuts, we'll get about 90% of the details, with the rest to be sorted out by EPA ratings and final software versions etc. between the dubut and Job 1 date.

More importantly, in the 3-6 months before the debut we ought to start regularly seeing production bodied prototypes with less and less camo, on streets and trails etc. gathering data for final capability claims and technical ratings. So ... starting now basically. Other models like the Escape or F150 got this for a full year before the debut.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not a coincidence at all. They told us what the damn number meant. If you want to pretend there is hidden meaning in every little detail you can.

"OMG the R was Red, Black and White, that means the Bronco Raptor will be offered in Red, Black and White paint colors !!!?!?!?"

I also think it's fairly obvious by now that Ford has moved away from using auto shows and public events to make their big announcements and reveals. They have those at private events and venues where they get 100% of the attention and have more control over timing, attendance, theatrical presentation options etc.

Being a few days or weeks before the NAIAS is probable though, and would be consistent.

Sponsored

DaBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Think you could mock up a render with the paint style "10 years of Northeast Ohio salted winter roads"?

Haha just kidding, Appreciate the effort of putting your own spin on things while also being realistic.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think you could mock up a render with the paint style "10 years of Northeast Ohio salted winter roads"?
Shouldn't make much of a difference if most of the panels are aluminum. Just less gloss. Maybe a little paint flaking near fasteners if they're not chemically compatible.

It won't be like the old FSBs that rotted from the ground up with gaping holes in tailgates, fenders and doors.

rotting bronco.png
Sponsored