Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know right? If I could complete the activation, I’d be able to know the exact location of my Bronco and follow its progress to the dealership. ;)
Didn't work for me 😕. I tried again a bunch of times after I saw your post 😂. My rail car pulled into Richmond, CA earlier today at 4:40 pm. Shouldn't be much longer for me. I'm hoping to pick it up next Saturday. 🤞
Sponsored

Hordak

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Didn't work for me 😕. I tried again a bunch of times after I saw your post 😂. My rail car pulled into Richmond, CA earlier today at 4:40 pm. Shouldn't be much longer for me. I'm hoping to pick it up next Saturday. 🤞
How are all of you getting rail car numbers? Chat can’t give it to me, customer care can’t, dealer won’t respond.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, that was quick.(y) Great to hear yours is nearly home.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are all of you getting rail car numbers? Chat can’t give it to me, customer care can’t, dealer won’t respond.
Yeah, I haven’t been able to get mine either. Ford Customer Relations told me to keep checking back for updates.

Brave Man

Heritage
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
here is my car's journey so far, as documented by my using a computer voice on the CSX automated phone line. I don't know how TTGX sounds like TQJA but that is the response I
get sometimes from that stupid voice recognition system, must be my accent !

Blend date on 6/23, build completed midnight between 6/23 and 6/24, built email received morning of 6/26, shipped email on 6/27

starting point : Michigan Assembly Plant (MAP) Wayne County MI on 6/27/2022
Ansonia Ohio (random middle of nowhere whistle stop) on 6/29
Rose Lake IL (East Saint Louis area) 7/1
7/1 to 7/4 languished in Saint Louis area and then transferred from CSX line to Union Pacific line
Independence MO (Kansas City area) 7/5
Topeka KS 7/6
took a jaunt up North to North Platte, NE 7/7 (the largest Union Pacific rail yard I have seen West of the Mississippi), as they say "Nebraska, its not for everyone"
arrived in Cheyenne WY 7/8 today, left Cheyenne and left the cowboy State shortly after midnight
entered the great State of Colorado somewhere around 1 to 2 am today
While on its way South to the Denver area it passed about 16 miles East of my house. It did not even waive at me.
left Greeley CO, 7/8 5:01 am, 55 miles to off load point.
7/8/2022, 10:18 am : Arrived at Off-load Point: Rolla, Colorado, Union Pacific Auto Unload Facility.
7/8/2022, 4:14 pm, automated message says "car has been placed at customer location" , which I assume means the car has been off loaded.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/U...887e875cf4987!8m2!3d39.8760086!4d-104.8914367

Awaiting truck transport to:

Final destination: 55 miles North, Fort Collins, CO
Delivery window given by Ford in shipped email is 7/19 to 7/26 and has not changed at this point.

What this has taught me, trains change tracks and direction depending on where they have to hook and unhook cars, time delays at waypoints are unpredictable, they are based on when cars get hooked up to another train that is going in the right direction, time delays at waypoints can be hours or days depending on complex factors that are only explained by railroad logistics.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
What reason are they giving you when you ask for railcar number? Both chat and customer support offered it to me without even having to ask. I don't understand why they won't give it to you...that's annoying. Has it for sure been shipped?

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my rail car number from my Dealer. I'm in the 6/13 Build Week BTW. 6/16 blend, build completed on 6/17. Shipped 6/24. Good luck everyone!

mgp1

Everglades
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I talked to my sales rep this afternoon and he explained to me how the system works. There is no place in line that determines when and what cars get picked up. The way it works is, cars get off loaded at a huge automobile receiving facility in a metro area that is designated as such. There, these new cars sit in a parking lot and private convoy drivers go and pick whichever cars fit their route and the ones that can make them more money depending on distance to dealership and how many cars they can fit on their truck for that route. So if a particular car does not get picked because there is not enough money in it for the driver it could sit in this parking lot for 2 to 3 weeks or it could be picked the next day it arrives if there are other cars headed that way ready to be picked up. so it is pretty much a crap shoot.
It seems kind of random, but it's the way things are done in that industry.
This doesn't even sound right. I don't think semi drivers can just go to a railyard and pick and choose what they transport. I feel like this would be a total CF for the rail yard, the driver, and Ford who must have some type of liability for these cars until they hit the dealer lot...

jguinn777

Badlands
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 xlt powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. Curious if transferred to truck or something?
right
Crap shoot is right. Thanks for the insight.
I am a salesperson here in wichita ks for ford and I can say this is correct there is no rhyme or reason for when cars come in we received a bronco yesterday thats blend date was 3/22 and on that same truck received one that has a blend date of 5/25

Brave Man

Heritage
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This doesn't even sound right. I don't think semi drivers can just go to a railyard and pick and choose what they transport. I feel like this would be a total CF for the rail yard, the driver, and Ford who must have some type of liability for these cars until they hit the dealer lot...
They have to have the proper insurance to carry certain cars, Ford may have different coverage requirements than GM, but if they have the right insurance coverages they get to pick which cars they pick up, not Ford or the dealership.

Sponsored

Mikei

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
right

I am a salesperson here in wichita ks for ford and I can say this is correct there is no rhyme or reason for when cars come in we received a bronco yesterday thats blend date was 3/22 and on that same truck received one that has a blend date of 5/25
So just curious, if there is no rhyme or reason (which does seem like the case on these forums) what is the ETA we get from Ford? How can they have an ETA if it's random or up to the truck driver what car gets picked when?

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
right

@mgp1 @jguinn777 @Brave Man @luvtofish Feels like we are missing something. Would there be a yard dispatcher telling the driver for Wichita to pull a, b and c, while telling the Topeka driver to pull x, y and z and the Pittsburg driver something else?

dogbone65

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gmc AT4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm glad all of you are getting your vehicle updated. I'm concerned as we had a blend date of 6-24. Modules populated few days after then nothing. Contacting ford told it was built and should receive shipping info soon. That was 2 weeks ago and nothing. Some of the ones I see that are shipping and getting them had build date farther down than ours. Dealer said they can't track until it ships. Frustrating as we have sold our other car already in anticipation and locked in great rate. Ford says a an estimated delivery of 6-20 to 6-27. Crazy in this world can't get more accurate information.
What's the backdoor app track I've seen. I've used the order track app on this forum but its same results.
Outer banks Lux package non sas, 2.7 soft top.

Thanks

Brave Man

Heritage
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So just curious, if there is no rhyme or reason (which does seem like the case on these forums) what is the ETA we get from Ford? How can they have an ETA if it's random or up to the truck driver what car gets picked when?
From what I was told, they estimate the time it gets to the train drop off point and add a couple of weeks, because most cas get picked up within that time frame if they are not damaged during the unloading operations. If the car gets picked up earlier, they are still OK, in the cases where they are not picked up, they bump back your delivery window.

Last edited:

Buck43

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm glad all of you are getting your vehicle updated. I'm concerned as we had a blend date of 6-24. Modules populated few days after then nothing. Contacting ford told it was built and should receive shipping info soon. That was 2 weeks ago and nothing. Some of the ones I see that are shipping and getting them had build date farther down than ours. Dealer said they can't track until it ships. Frustrating as we have sold our other car already in anticipation and locked in great rate. Ford says a an estimated delivery of 6-20 to 6-27. Crazy in this world can't get more accurate information.
What's the backdoor app track I've seen. I've used the order track app on this forum but its same results.
Outer banks Lux package non sas, 2.7 soft top.

Thanks
I am in the same boat! Was told 6/23 an eta of 7/7. Sold my brand new car ~ because they had to have it, lol (my fault) Went into “production” 6/24, blend of 7/1 and NOTHING! Last update was 6/24.
Sponsored