Sponsored

6 Speaker Upgrade + Amp but No Sub (Input Asked)

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m curious if the following will give me a well rounded sound with highs and lows…primarily listen to classic rock.
- Replace the four 4” speakers
- Replace the two 6.5” kick panel speakers
- Add amplifier

Will the above give me the lows and complete sound? I now the deep bass won’t be present w/out sub. Adding a sub takes away from cargo space and not interested in thumping. Also don’t won’t to worry about it getting stolen.

Suggestion for “warm” 4” speakers? Think Bose sounding.
Suggestion for 6.5” speakers that might give me lows?
If I’m not adding sub should I not have bass blockers added so I can get some bass from 4” speakers?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did the four speakers and kicker key amp it was a good improvement. But I also wanted bass. So I added this. There is a kicker branded one as well. But for the price this thing puts out a ton a base is only 3” or so high.
Ford Bronco 6 Speaker Upgrade + Amp but No Sub (Input Asked) 372BEFF5-A0FB-420D-AE0D-C1EAE4E25C53

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes absolutely.

I wouldn’t mix brands of speakers because each brand or even model within the same brand will reproduce the sound a little differently.Find one series you like and match the 4” with the 6.5”.

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes absolutely.

I wouldn’t mix brands of speakers because each brand or even model within the same brand will reproduce the sound a little differently.Find one series you like and match the 4” with the 6.5”.
Good point and I’ll try and stick with one brand/model for all 6. Any recs for warm sounding speakers?

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thinking I can add component to front and woofers to kick panels

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ordered all JL audio new speakers arrive tomorrow...stoked! I'll be selling my stock sub box as mine will be a pickup VERY soon and won't need a sub in the bed.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes absolutely.

Well SORTA, I feel the kicker speakers are NOT loud enough, and when you turn the fronts up the dash speakers are all I hear. My solution is to run speakers that require a bit more power in the center and two dash speakers(and rear pods), then to use a kicker speaker that requires or uses less juice. Hopefully this will increase the sound level from the kickers at any given volume level.

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m curious if the following will give me a well rounded sound with highs and lows…primarily listen to classic rock.
- Replace the four 4” speakers
- Replace the two 6.5” kick panel speakers
- Add amplifier

Will the above give me the lows and complete sound? I now the deep bass won’t be present w/out sub. Adding a sub takes away from cargo space and not interested in thumping. Also don’t won’t to worry about it getting stolen.

Suggestion for “warm” 4” speakers? Think Bose sounding.
Suggestion for 6.5” speakers that might give me lows?
If I’m not adding sub should I not have bass blockers added so I can get some bass from 4” speakers?

Thanks for the help!
Due to the size of the speakers and more importantly, the lack of baffle volume behind the 6 1/2 inch speakers, the modification will not help low end frequency response at all. I suggest considering a small powered sub that doesn't take up much room, such as a Kicker HS8 or HS10. Plus, by allowing the sub to do the low end lifting, this will make a huge difference in sound quality.

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Due to the size of the speakers and more importantly, the lack of baffle volume behind the 6 1/2 inch speakers, the modification will not help low end frequency response at all. I suggest considering a small powered sub that doesn't take up much room, such as a Kicker HS8 or HS10. Plus, by allowing the sub to do the low end lifting, this will make a huge difference in sound quality.
What I I replace the 6.5 with a speaker that has larger woofer and use amp to power all 6 speakers?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well SORTA, I feel the kicker speakers are NOT loud enough, and when you turn the fronts up the dash speakers are all I hear. My solution is to run speakers that require a bit more power in the center and two dash speakers(and rear pods), then to use a kicker speaker that requires or uses less juice. Hopefully this will increase the sound level from the kickers at any given volume level.
Yeah, this assumes everything is properly tuned. Using an amp with a built in DSP, like the kicker key, makes this all automatic. My system was well balanced after it did its magic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, this assumes everything is properly tuned. Using an amp with a built in DSP, like the kicker key, makes this all automatic. My system was well balanced after it did its magic.
B&O or stock to start?
Sub added or just the 6 speakers replaced? If no sub, we’re you able to get decent lows?
Speakers you used?

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did the four speakers and kicker key amp it was a good improvement. But I also wanted bass. So I added this. There is a kicker branded one as well. But for the price this thing puts out a ton a base is only 3” or so high.
Ford Bronco 6 Speaker Upgrade + Amp but No Sub (Input Asked) 372BEFF5-A0FB-420D-AE0D-C1EAE4E25C53
Did the RC jack plug right in or did you have to buy another adapter?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saskwah