Sponsored

My NO Amp speaker upgrade, sounds great!

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so based on quite a few threads here, I upgraded my base 6 speaker system but did not add an amp.

What I did:
Changed dash speakers to 4" Kicker KS series w/300 hz Bass Blockers
Changed roll bar pods to 4" Kicker KS series
Added Kicker Hideaway 8" Sub

Did not add an amp, did not change the 6.5 " kick panel speakers.

Now for how it sounds....... Way better than the B&O system. It isn't a baby waking, neighbor shaker, but it really does sound good. I am on my second Bronco the first had a B&O, this one didn't. This system sounds great and better than what you get with the B&O.

Total investment $440

I wanted to see how it sounded before changing the 6.5 and adding an amp and I really am satisfied. I can go that route later if desired but will enjoy it as is for now! Install took about 3 hours.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is how I've done all the sound systems in my cars when I was younger. Basically add a powered sub and left the radio stock. Always worked for me.

Bummer we have to replace the stock speakers.

OP
OP

KDTX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the slow reply....family in town for the weekend.

So I wired the sub to the two 6.5' kickpanel speakers. Plenty of diagrams on this site. They basically have 4 wires on each speaker and you wire to the incoming side. (the other two wires in the harness clip are going out to run the dash speakers).

I ground the sub pretty close to the mounting location. Red wire was ran up the door sill moulding and, and through the firewall grommet, then directly on to the battery with an inline fuse.

*** So to note: Wiring this way would lead you to believe the Kicker Hideway is always on but it is not. There is a toggle on the woofer and you need to set it to "DC Offset mode" (Instead of 12v). When setup this way, you do NOT use the blue/remote turn on wire. It simply is not used. Also note, the blue LED light on the speaker will stay on until the bronco goes to sleep. Once it does, the light will go off and the speaker will be off. Then upon startup, the speaker will recognize sound being played through the wired connection and it will turn on. (I was pretty confused with this as I haven't done a lot of audio type stuff).

I mounted the speaker to the driver side rear panel in the storage compartment. I used the 4 mounting screws as well as double sided tape to minimize vibrations.

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for the slow reply....family in town for the weekend.

So I wired the sub to the two 6.5' kickpanel speakers. Plenty of diagrams on this site. They basically have 4 wires on each speaker and you wire to the incoming side. (the other two wires in the harness clip are going out to run the dash speakers).

I ground the sub pretty close to the mounting location. Red wire was ran up the door sill moulding and, and through the firewall grommet, then directly on to the battery with an inline fuse.

*** So to note: Wiring this way would lead you to believe the Kicker Hideway is always on but it is not. There is a toggle on the woofer and you need to set it to "DC Offset mode" (Instead of 12v). When setup this way, you do NOT use the blue/remote turn on wire. It simply is not used. Also note, the blue LED light on the speaker will stay on until the bronco goes to sleep. Once it does, the light will go off and the speaker will be off. Then upon startup, the speaker will recognize sound being played through the wired connection and it will turn on. (I was pretty confused with this as I haven't done a lot of audio type stuff).

I mounted the speaker to the driver side rear panel in the storage compartment. I used the 4 mounting screws as well as double sided tape to minimize vibrations.
can you share some pics of the mounting for the sub?
Sponsored