Sponsored

6 Speaker Upgrade + Amp but No Sub (Input Asked)

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered all JL audio new speakers arrive tomorrow...stoked! I'll be selling my stock sub box as mine will be a pickup VERY soon and won't need a sub in the bed.
Wait what?
Sponsored

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I replaced the 4in and 6.5in speakers with kickers, also got a kicker 200.4 with wire harness and LC2i from Plug n play kits with the HS8 kicker sub. It’s 1000x better then stock. My sub is mounted on a JRC off-road tailgate table.
Ford Bronco 6 Speaker Upgrade + Amp but No Sub (Input Asked) 173F033C-7241-4C74-A94B-F4F8E5614EB2

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Get on crutchfield, most seem to get JL or Kicker. I purchased the more expensive Kicker option. Don’t have my Bronco yet so I can’t speak to the sound. I did get the kicker key 200.4 amp and ordered the plugandplay.com wiring harness that’s back ordered for 40 days for easy install.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered the Rockville speaker amp combo, and will order the plug and play connector as well. Thanks for sharing let me know how it turned out for you once your done
Mine has been in for almost a month. I did move it this week from the cargo area under the rear seat. I just wanted it less visible. Sounds great. No issues. I used the infinity reference speakers that the guy in the kicker key amp install thread used.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have done the front speakers (Kicker 4&6”) and “bass blockers” at 300hz.Also added an amp and LC2I for bass restoration and integration (left the rears on factory amp). Much better than stock, enough volume to hear with the top off/windows down. Still needs a sub IMO and I will be adding a custom cabinet in the roll bar “pocket”, 8” sub and amp. Side note, the Sirius signal is horrible, much better with one of the Apple Play or Bluetooth source options at higher quality/sampling rates.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have done the front speakers (Kicker 4&6”) and “bass blockers” at 300hz.Also added an amp and LC2I for bass restoration and integration (left the rears on factory amp). Much better than stock, enough volume to hear with the top off/windows down. Still needs a sub IMO and I will be adding a custom cabinet in the roll bar “pocket”, 8” sub and amp. Side note, the Sirius signal is horrible, much better with one of the Apple Play or Bluetooth source options at higher quality/sampling rates.
What is LC2i?

OP
OP
Brock9281

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine has been in for almost a month. I did move it this week from the cargo area under the rear seat. I just wanted it less visible. Sounds great. No issues. I used the infinity reference speakers that the guy in the kicker key amp install thread used.
Pic of sub under seat?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pic of sub under seat?
I’ll grab one later my wife has the bronco I had to take her car for an estimate for body damage.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is LC2i?
Audio Control line output converter and processor. It’s pretty slick (other than getting tricked by start/stop). It basically integrates your factory system with aftermarket amps.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pic of sub under seat?
I still have to clean up the wires and mount the bass knob somewhere. It does severely limit how far down the seat can fold down. Don’t mind my tarp I had my dog in the car and trying to keep the seats nice. You can’t see it at all standing next to the open door. Or when in the car.
Ford Bronco 6 Speaker Upgrade + Amp but No Sub (Input Asked) 8AD96CFA-1180-4E39-9E6D-8C43D4A65ED8
Ford Bronco 6 Speaker Upgrade + Amp but No Sub (Input Asked) 40444C8E-DF72-451B-A9AF-BF4A0278B43D
Ford Bronco 6 Speaker Upgrade + Amp but No Sub (Input Asked) 655B618F-9825-400A-9836-A4B4585E8FDA

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am mostly done with my custom cabinet and 8” Polk Sub. The amp is due in this week and I will test everything out. I will report back. This mount removes with one Bronco bolt and two wing nuts. It very solid. Hopefully it sounds good too. I will wrap the enclosure and rattle can the one visible mount with bed liner spray.

There is more detail at MI Bronco Cub too. Once it’s done and I am satisfied, I will details the products, prices and measurements.
https://michiganbroncos.club/forums/viewthread/20/

https://michiganbroncos.club/forums/viewthread/20/

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regarding the “warm” speakers, doesn’t it not matter if you’re using something like the Key’s auto dsp?

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still have to clean up the wires and mount the bass knob somewhere. It does severely limit how far down the seat can fold down. Don’t mind my tarp I had my dog in the car and trying to keep the seats nice. You can’t see it at all standing next to the open door. Or when in the car.
Ford Bronco 6 Speaker Upgrade + Amp but No Sub (Input Asked) 655B618F-9825-400A-9836-A4B4585E8FDA
Any reason you didn’t relocate to one of the front seats so there’s no drawback?

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m curious if the following will give me a well rounded sound with highs and lows
primarily listen to classic rock.
- Replace the four 4” speakers
- Replace the two 6.5” kick panel speakers
- Add amplifier

Will the above give me the lows and complete sound? I now the deep bass won’t be present w/out sub. Adding a sub takes away from cargo space and not interested in thumping. Also don’t won’t to worry about it getting stolen.

Suggestion for “warm” 4” speakers? Think Bose sounding.
Suggestion for 6.5” speakers that might give me lows?
If I’m not adding sub should I not have bass blockers added so I can get some bass from 4” speakers?

Thanks for the help!
I'm doing same with all Polk marine speakers and a Polk amp, no subwoofer. Just have stuff right now, but I loves me some Polk.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m curious if the following will give me a well rounded sound with highs and lows
primarily listen to classic rock.
- Replace the four 4” speakers
- Replace the two 6.5” kick panel speakers
- Add amplifier

Will the above give me the lows and complete sound? I now the deep bass won’t be present w/out sub. Adding a sub takes away from cargo space and not interested in thumping. Also don’t won’t to worry about it getting stolen.

Suggestion for “warm” 4” speakers? Think Bose sounding.
Suggestion for 6.5” speakers that might give me lows?
If I’m not adding sub should I not have bass blockers added so I can get some bass from 4” speakers?

Thanks for the help!
I replaced the 4" speakers with Hertz speakers and the 6.5's with Memphis Audio woofers with %100 efficiency .... the front 4" and 6.5 inch is powered by and Key 200.4 amp and I am very very happy with the sound stage but I feel i would have gotten even more if I went with 2 way speakers instead of the woofers
the back 4" speakers are just replaced and not amped .... although its and improvement I am not happy with it .... I will be adding an amp to power the back speakers and I am thinking of adding a powered 10" sub to complete the whole sound system.
I am thinking about changing the 6.5 woofers with 2 way speakers but haven't decided yet.
Sponsored