Sponsored

6000 miles, Starter issue Auto start stop?

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cracks me up seeing posts about all these wiring things/work arounds to disable Auto StopStart.. is it REALLY that hard to just PUSH THE BUTTON to turn it off before driving?? :). I'll never get back those 3.5 seconds every day, I guess. ;)
Cracks me up that people care what others do with their stuff….

Cost me 99.99 to add the mod to delete it. I still have it if I want (i dont). You push the button. I have better things to do with my 3.5 seconds every day i drive it.
Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wiring harness mod. plug and play. takes about 5 minutes to install it.

google "auto stop eliminator"

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wiring harness mod. plug and play. takes about 5 minutes to install it.

google "auto stop eliminator"
The first thing I did was to eliminate it on my bronco. Just picked up a 22 Raptor 37 and the start stop was factory deleted!!!! I cannot see how its beneficial to engine life to constantly shut down and go thru that heat cycle.

OP
OP
Southern62

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update. Got Bronco back, they replaced the starter, positive battery fuse assembly and the battery. So over a $1000 in parts (their price) and a few hours of labor, under warranty. The Diagnostic comment says "starter sticking" so thats why after a few try's I could get it to fire up. Took longer to get the parts and I missed being able to explore in the N Georgia mountains with it, not as much fun in a BMW. I now take the time to turn off ASS just cause... in my feeble mind, I know that had something to do with it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2.7L Outer Banks. 2023 model, Jan this year, 6000 miles. Auto start stop had me sitting at a green light dead in the water. Then trying to start it... click click, finally starts. Decided it was a battery issue, bought a new one. Same thing. Took to dealer, diagnostics... and needs a new starter. Now I was never a conspiracy guy on the start stop thing... but its staying off when I get the truck back. Yay for warranty.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored