Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still trying to get an exact how much for what? Went on their site, doesn’t even seem like they’re available? Hopefully the OP will address it if he sees this.
Could not attached the thread, but on March 21 Exodus4x4 replied. Pic below
Ford Bronco 74WELD Steering Rack installed review on my Bronco Raptor DEAF7930-276E-41D5-94D8-E993B5286A39
Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I took out my rack and swapped the internals into 74weld unit. I broke my original rack and it took over 5 weeks to get the new one into the dealer. The same day I got it back I pulled it out and put in the 74Weld rack.
Do you by chance have the factory rack housing? I know in another thread they were looking for pictures/dimensions of the HOSS 4.0 to compare to the HOSS 3.0 housing.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Could not attached the thread, but on March 21 Exodus4x4 replied. Pic below
Ford Bronco 74WELD Steering Rack installed review on my Bronco Raptor DEAF7930-276E-41D5-94D8-E993B5286A39
Yep, I remember seeing that, but that’s still dancing all around the price. If it’s $4900, with 74Weld housing, Hoss internals, installed, and programmed, GREAT! Sign me up, but my gut is telling me $4900 isn’t close to the final price. Just trying to get a good figure before I go into sticker shock, LOL!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, I remember seeing that, but that’s still dancing all around the price. If it’s $4900, with 74Weld housing, Hoss internals, installed, and programmed, GREAT! Sign me up, but my gut is telling me $4900 isn’t close to the final price. Just trying to get a good figure before I go into sticker shock, LOL!
Remember that you are paying for the housing and for them to swap the internal parts.

So $4900 plus install sounds right.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Remember that you are paying for the housing and for them to swap the internal parts.

So $4900 plus install sounds right.
But…….

That doesn’t get me the answer, and trust me, I’m not trying to be difficult. So where do these internals come from? And are they Hoss 3.0 internals? And if they are, installed into the 74Weld housing gets you the $4900 price? Then the install into the Bronco, and programming it has to be more?

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

soo is breaking 3.0 racks a new thing? I get the upgrade if you dont have a 3.0 rack. but these are built better obviously but still have 3.0 guts.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But…….

That doesn’t get me the answer, and trust me, I’m not trying to be difficult. So where do these internals come from? And are they Hoss 3.0 internals? And if they are, installed into the 74Weld housing gets you the $4900 price? Then the install into the Bronco, and programming it has to be more?
Yes, they buy the 3.0 rack and swap the internals. Install and programming extra.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

i think there is a bit of confusion in this thread. For Bronco Raptor specifically it is 3k. You send your factory rack to 74weld, they swap the internals and send it back to you. Then u either install yourself or pay your shop of choice to do it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
if I remember correctly, OP blew out his oem rack when while running the RPG tie rods.

OP - aren’t you concerned that by running the rpg tie rods, the rack internals are the weak points? Idk, as nice and strong as the RPG tie rods are, I feel like running the stock ones might save money as the tie rod itself is the weak point. It’s cheaper to replace a tie rod than the rack internals.

Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i think there is a bit of confusion in this thread. For Bronco Raptor specifically it is 3k. You send your factory rack to 74weld, they swap the internals and send it back to you. Then u either install yourself or pay your shop of choice to do it.
So, the plot thickens😂😂😂

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you have a Warthog, Exodus4x4 will charge you $3,900 for the entire job if you bring them your vehicle.

OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor 1972 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
From my understanding it’s 4900 for everything out there door. That covers install, programming and alignment.

OP - aren’t you concerned that by running the rpg tie rods, the rack internals are the weak points? Idk, as nice and strong as the RPG tie rods are, I feel like running the stock ones might save money as the tie rod itself is the weak point. It’s cheaper to replace a tie rod than the rack internals.
With the way the 74Weld rack is designed and braces the stock internals I am not too worried. But we will find out how it holds up.

OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you by chance have the factory rack housing? I know in another thread they were looking for pictures/dimensions of the HOSS 4.0 to compare to the HOSS 3.0 housing.
Yeah I still have the stock housing.

OP
OP

TheBraptor

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
if I remember correctly, OP blew out his oem rack when while running the RPG tie rods.
Yes I did the, I broke both front CVs and steering rack in Moab. It went Pass side CV pop, Driver Side CV pop then rack boom.
Sponsored