chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You sound like you know a little about the mounting systems. I was on the team that helped develop it for Ford and it was put through a lot of testing to meet all of the Ford requirements. 8274 should be fine but I will be looking closely if I ever get to full pull on the winch to make sure nothing is moving. The 8274 is a beast of a winch, if you give it enough power she will just keep pulling. Best winch in my opinion we have ever built, fast strong and extremely reliable.
I read a lot of instruction manuals and looked at a bunch of aftermarket bumpers before I built my mount. I would have done what you did. But couldn’t buy the mount separately. I did share early on with Justin from marketing, after I asked about buying the reinforcement plates separately.

I had some trouble with supply over the last couple of years from Warn, winches/mounts were taking over a year on some stuff. Always got helped when I called corporate. We have about 15 Warn winches at anytime at work on a variety of vehicles (including our Oregon built snow cat)
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MCTLove

MCTLove

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I read a lot of instruction manuals and looked at a bunch of aftermarket bumpers before I built my mount. I would have done what you did. But couldn’t buy the mount separately. I did share early on with Justin from marketing, after I asked about buying the reinforcement plates separately.

I had some trouble with supply over the last couple of years from Warn, winches/mounts were taking over a year on some stuff. Always got helped when I called corporate. We have about 15 Warn winches at anytime at work on a variety of vehicles (including our Oregon built snow cat)
I am happy to hear you running Warn winches and yes supply chain over the last couple of years was a real pain point for us. But I think we have turned the corner and things are moving a little more smoothly now.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my 75th anniversary Warn 8274 winch put on the front of my 2 door. Custom winch plate fits on factory winch brackets. New camera location works great, parking sensors work and the ACC works as well.

1687881652539.jpeg
I loved my M8274 - great winch. That anniversary 1 of 5 is awesome.

tasker

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Sport 351, hydroboost 33's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only building 5 of them. I am lucky enough to have worked for this amazing company for 40 years, kind of a retirement gift.
best winch ever made! Congrats!!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cheers 🍻 to an awesome winch! Sportin' one on old Blue:

Ford Bronco 75th anniversary Warn 8274 Winch installed on my 2 Door Bronco 1688067583370

Sponsored

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That winch looks like it'd be right at home on a deuce and a half fighting fires.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best winch ever.

yosemitesamiam

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, ZJ, hopefully a bronco soon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my 75th anniversary Warn 8274 winch put on the front of my 2 door. Custom winch plate fits on factory winch brackets. New camera location works great, parking sensors work and the ACC works as well.

Ford Bronco 75th anniversary Warn 8274 Winch installed on my 2 Door Bronco 1688067583370
Caught ya yesterday near tri cities at the country merc...dude. It's gorgeous. I literally registered here just to say hello. Was a big off-road enthusiast in North Carolina who recognized the winch and found You here!

IMG_3629.jpeg

OP
OP
MCTLove

MCTLove

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, was on my way back from fishing in Montana for 2 weeks headed back to Oregon. Bronco has been a blast and used the winch to help my brother pull out some fire wood for the winter, fun times.

yosemitesamiam

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, ZJ, hopefully a bronco soon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, was on my way back from fishing in Montana for 2 weeks headed back to Oregon. Bronco has been a blast and used the winch to help my brother pull out some fire wood for the winter, fun times.
I love it!!

Sponsored

GoHack

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are late to the game! :)

Buckstop has one mounted in a custom bumper as well..

I went with the 70th anniversary... I still need to reroute my power feed so it ain't so janky.

Ford Bronco 75th anniversary Warn 8274 Winch installed on my 2 Door Bronco IMG_3629

Ford Bronco 75th anniversary Warn 8274 Winch installed on my 2 Door Bronco IMG_3629
Nice!

Did you have to adjust your suspension due to the weight of the assembly?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nice!

Did you have to adjust your suspension due to the weight of the assembly?
Yes, I went will Bilstein 6112s. I also have 100lbs of additional skid plates, 170lbs of sliders, and recovery gear. Definitely the front sat low though, but it was definitely lower in the front
Sponsored