First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had some notchiness going into 2nd gear from day one....today (just hit 1,000 miles), while hitting some traffic on the highway I was downshifting through the gears, get to second and it would not go into gear, almost felt like trying to get over into crawl without lifting the collar. Kept the clutch in and tried to cycle through first and back to second to try and sync it up (keeping the clutch in) and it would not go into first either. Felt the same way.

Took a deep frustrated breath and cycled over into third and back to second and was able to 'force it' in. When I got off the highway on my exit, at a light cycled through all of the gears several times. It was fine accelerating through, but when downshifting again it did it again....

Anyone experience the same? Any thoughts?
Mechanically, the transmission synchros will behave in the way they're designed and for safe operation. When you say you were travelling on the highway (highway speeds?) what speed are you talking about here when downshifting into second gear? And then further trying to downshift into first gear? Are you familiar with a blipshift?
Sponsored

2050Broncoorsomething

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have about 6500 on mine, when I first got it 2nd had a little resistance compared to the other 6 but it has gone away I have driven more.

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mechanically, the transmission synchros will behave in the way they're designed and for safe operation. When you say you were travelling on the highway (highway speeds?) what speed are you talking about here when downshifting into second gear? And then further trying to downshift into first gear? Are you familiar with a blipshift?
Sorry, was on the highway, but in traffic. SO I was around the 20ish mph range, trying to downshift as that was the speed of traffic at the time. When I was trying to cycle into first (or others) I had the clutch engaged as I was not at a correct speed...the stick would not even make in into the 'pocket' for the gear to be able to engage.

Edit: oh, and yes, familiar with 'blipshift'...similar to rev matching. I used to do that all the time in my '88 F-150. It did not really help my situation here today.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had some notchiness going into 2nd gear from day one....today (just hit 1,000 miles), while hitting some traffic on the highway I was downshifting through the gears, get to second and it would not go into gear, almost felt like trying to get over into crawl without lifting the collar. Kept the clutch in and tried to cycle through first and back to second to try and sync it up (keeping the clutch in) and it would not go into first either. Felt the same way.

Took a deep frustrated breath and cycled over into third and back to second and was able to 'force it' in. When I got off the highway on my exit, at a light cycled through all of the gears several times. It was fine accelerating through, but when downshifting again it did it again....

Anyone experience the same? Any thoughts?
Blip the throttle when downshifting...

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey fellow 7MT owners. I'm about 5500 miles into my 7MT ownership. Wanted to see if anyone else is noticing 3rd gear to be a bit more notchy than the other gears? Almost like some extra force is needed to get into the shift gate, and then it finally clicks in.

Mainly happens when the rig is under full operating temp, happens way less when up to temp. All other gears are super smooth.

Anyone else experiencing 3rd gear notchiness?
Good morning. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name & location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your Bronco's 3rd gear issues.

Bad hand

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has done it since new. Started with second gear and the rest were smooth. Now 1 through 3 are sometimes sticky.
Sometimes can’t get it in first even at a full stop. Have to try fifth or fourth first, then it will go into first. But sometimes can’t get into those even at a full stop.
Only have about 2200 miles on mine.
Have you guys found any fix?
Sponsored