Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pick the proper gear for the speed/power needed, keep your foot off the clutch, except when stooping or (maybe) shifting.
Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 (auto) Lux.
ACC is not stop and go with the auto, it turns off at ~7mph.
You canā€™t just hit Resume and it starts back up?

Kayci77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Downhill assist also comes in real handy in stick (and auto too, I'm sure), as long as you keep it under 32kph (20 mph).

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just as a counter point to every one here saying they drove a manual crawling at off roadeo.....

Off roadeo no longer has manuals because people destroyed the clutches. :)
I just drove one early this summer at an off Rodeo. Not at one of the 4 pre planned sites. According to the rep there itā€™s because people were saying they could drive one with out a clue. I saw the same issue at a dealer with a mannequin. If you know how to drive a manual transmission, itā€™s not an issue on or off road. Is an automatic easier to drive, of course. Most are not buying it because itā€™s easier.

Ford Bronco 7speed manual for off-road/crawling 8262ADE2-E9D3-4160-BA0C-EBFD7334BC3A

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Also, while yes the computer automatically gives the engine gas when you let out the clutch, you CAN still stall it if you let it out too quickly. It's not fool proof.
I side stepped it at the request of the rep and it didnā€™t even think about stalling. Maybe in a higher gear but not in crawl for sure. I think the same was for first too but I couldnā€™t swear by it.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first vehicle with any of this tech. I love the ACC, but now getting used to it I would greatly prefer stop and go. Also wish they upped Lane Keep to Lane Centering.
100% if they offer this on the MY23, Iā€™ll be ordering one.
my wifeā€™s Lincoln has Stop/Go ACC and lane centering. It can basically drive itself lol.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my wifeā€™s Lincoln has Stop/Go ACC and lane centering. It can basically drive itself lol.
If they add Ford BlueCruise....... oooo

BlueCruise is hands free driving (on only certain North American highways)

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...s/what-is-ford-bluecruise-hands-free-driving/

It's an option on F150's.

But i doubt severely they would offer it on the Bronco. I expect no changes for 2023 except maybe some color differences.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not sure I tried explicitly, and there is a mph limit under which cruise control will not engauge.
next time I drive i'll give it a try, maybe this weekend.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree!
My guess is any significant change won't come until mid-run refresh, 2024 or 2025... 2026???
why change one of your most desired models...

If they add Ford BlueCruise....... oooo

BlueCruise is hands free driving (on only certain North American highways)

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...s/what-is-ford-bluecruise-hands-free-driving/

It's an option on F150's.

But i doubt severely they would offer it on the Bronco. I expect no changes for 2023 except maybe some color differences.

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not sure I tried explicitly, and there is a mph limit under which cruise control will not engauge.
Mine won't engage till 15mph (with 7mt). I'd expected auto to be able to do the same, but you better be ready to take over braking if it disconnects at 7mph

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, the Lincoln wonā€™t let you set it until 20mph but once set, you can hit resume at any speed

Mine won't engage till 15mph (with 7mt). I'd expected auto to be able to do the same, but you better be ready to take over braking if it disconnects at 7mph
I figured out last week that I can push clutch in and shift gears while cruise is active, kinda cool.

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, Iā€™m curious on others thoughts/experience using a manual transmission for off-road fun having, Vs automatic transmission. Iā€™m no stranger to a standard transmission, my daily driver is a 6 speed Audi. My question is related to off-road, low speed use. How much of a pain in the ass is to use a clutch for off-road? Like if Iā€™m crawling will I wear that clutch out as it would be disengaged. If Iā€™m at a Harry spot on descending grade and I need to stop, Iā€™ll then be worried about stalling out trying to navigate the obstacles.

what are your guys experience with standard Vs auto for off road obstacles?

with banks opening soon, I want to make sure I make an informed decision when I place my order. I really want a 7spd, but a little concerned. Thank you.
I have a 2 door manual Badlands Sasquatch. I love it both on and off road. Itā€™s super easy to use off road. In low range you can start off in crawl, 1, or 2 depending on the terrain and speed you want, and it just ambles along without really any throttle or clutching. It crawls up steep hills and over rocks without really any throttle to speak of in C and 1. It also creeps downhill with engine braking alone like a champ. No need for trail control cruise like an auto - never once wished I had it. Stalled it maybe twice in several months - itā€™s tough to stall in crawl no matter what you throw at it. Push the clutch in and it fires right back up, or use start-in-gear.

The only downsides are missing features others have mentioned - as for me - I donā€™t miss any of them. I also note that with the two door, the turning radius is so tight, that trail turn assist has never been missed either.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went for a drive yesterday and found I can hit resume at 14mph. So...
ACC disconnects at 7mph
ACC can resume at 14mph

I haven't tried it, but the Bronco should stop before hitting the car in front of you. I'm pretty sure there is anti-collision in the Bronco.
I'm too chicken and hit the brakes.

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so i'll kinda be the anti-manual guy here... and don't get me wrong i love rowing my own gears. but i had a 2 door jeep with a 6 speed and it was a major PITA when you were on very complicated obstacles. you had very little wiggle room for finesse. when i switched over to the automatic JL, it was a game changer for crawling inches at a time over the steep off camber stuff with basically zero risk of an unexpected roll backwards. now the newer stuff with brake hold sure helps, but man I really enjoy the automatic offroad.
Sponsored