Crazy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer called today and my 2dr Badlands is in and ready for pick up. Will be getting her on Thursday when I get back home. I did get some clarification about price protection and the private offer. No good news on either.

the price protection does not cover the price increase that occurred in June/July of this year. It is not posted anywhere on this forum and others mentioned it sort of falls in the cracks no one could answer. Confirmed today that it is not covered.

I have a private offer from an old 2020 reservation that was never ordered. Others who ordered in May of this year with no prior reservation have mentioned getting a private offer and no one knew why. My dealer today said there was a glitch and private offers were sent on many recent 2023 orders when they should not have been. Dealers did not get paid on these offers if applied and there is a new clause added to these offers as of Aug to clarify that private offers canā€™t be used for any order placed after 21 Nov 22. Pics of the file he sent me are attached.

bottom line the price I will pay on Thursday is a little more than I was expecting. But it is still MSRP for the vehicle I want and ordered so I will be picking it up. Hope this gives some clarity to others and helps them prepare.
I am by no means an expert on this, but I'll try to summarise based on my understanding and the excellent information provided on the Ultimate Price Protection Flowchart thread (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ultimate-2023my-price-protection-flowchart.58270/). I'll go through the same thing you are going through tomorrow when I pick my Bronco up.

The information and document your dealership gave you refer to the original price protection (or "private transition offer") for reservation holders under program #38644. Reservation holders were required to convert their reservations on or before Nov 22, 2022 (I may have the wrong date, but I'm reasonably sure it was in November), or they would lose their 2021/2022 price protection. If you qualified for this program, you would receive something from Ford. This price protection is different from Retail Price Protection.

Retail price protection should be automatic for orders placed in 2023 for 23MY. It intends to protect customers from price increases that may happen after they have a confirmed order with Ford. You should be able to take advantage of the retail price protection program. The thread I mentioned above can help you determine how much you should be eligible for.
Sponsored

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands;2015 Hellcat;2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming over from the 7/17/23 build week thread. Thanks for clarifying here because I am currently going back and forth with the dealership on this for my own situation. They were thoroughly confused but they shared with me the same document you posted here. I was a June ā€˜23 order and while oddly received the certificate for a model year transition, it was VIN specific so the thinking it was some other customer service incentive or initiative. Sadly, looks like itā€˜s an error and my $2,395 will not be honored after all. šŸ˜©
Yes that seems to be the final consensus. Not happy with the outcome but at least feel better knowing it is consistent and every dealer sharing the same. Takes some of the personal just me emotion out of it. All the best with your deal.
My Bronco is ready, I'll pick it up tomorrow!

I have a private offer certificate from Ford marketing. I'm hoping that it can be used as the price increased between my DORA and what's on the Monroney sticker. The amount Ford gave me was "up to" a dollar figure that's more than the difference. Crossing fingers!
Good luck. I hope yours works out for you.

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But it also says Bronco 2DR/4DR $1,995-$3,880 for orders between October 21, 2022 to April 23-2023, which covers the March 27th orders, and that includes me. I got a $1,995 private offer which makes sense based on the information you provided and it is still showing up in the system as of September.
Mine was a 27 May 23 order, so yours does sound different if ordered deadlier. I hope yours works out as planned.

Gamora

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150 and wife's 2021 bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes that seems to be the final consensus. Not happy with the outcome but at least feel better knowing it is consistent and every dealer sharing the same. Takes some of the personal just me emotion out of it. All the best with your deal.

Good luck. I hope yours works out for you.
I was given a code from ford also but the rep from ford said it might not work. Dealer ran the code and it wasnā€™t available for my order because I ordered in march and was not a converted order from 21 or 22.

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am by no means an expert on this, but I'll try to summarise based on my understanding and the excellent information provided on the Ultimate Price Protection Flowchart thread (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ultimate-2023my-price-protection-flowchart.58270/). I'll go through the same thing you are going through tomorrow when I pick my Bronco up.

The information and document your dealership gave you refer to the original price protection (or "private transition offer") for reservation holders under program #38644. Reservation holders were required to convert their reservations on or before Nov 22, 2022 (I may have the wrong date, but I'm reasonably sure it was in November), or they would lose their 2021/2022 price protection. If you qualified for this program, you would receive something from Ford. This price protection is different from Retail Price Protection.

Retail price protection should be automatic for orders placed in 2023 for 23MY. It intends to protect customers from price increases that may happen after they have a confirmed order with Ford. You should be able to take advantage of the retail price protection program. The thread I mentioned above can help you determine how much you should be eligible for.
Since the price increase that impacts me is after April. This info does not apply from what I can find?

Sponsored

crazyspy

Badlands
First Name
Crazy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the price increase that impacts me is after April. This info does not apply from what I can find?
I believe it should still apply.

For the 2 Door Badlands 2.7L, SAS, with Lux you ordered (based on an earlier post, I'm not stocking you, promise) here is what might apply to you if you ordered before May 15. There were price increases on May 15, Jun. 30, and Jul 26. Based on the price protection flowchart thread:
  • Start with column F, there was no price increase for 2-door Badlands, so nothing applies for the May 15 price increase. Running retail price protection amount: $0
  • Start with column G for the Jun. price increase. There was a $100 price increase that applied to all 2-door Badlands. Running retail price protection amount: $100
  • Then column H applies to your configuration next for the Jul price increase. There was a $750 price increase to all 2-door Badlands. Plus you have a 10-speed automatic, so the flowchart says to use column HH for the $400 increase on automatics. Running retail price protection amount: $1250
Edit: I see you ordered May 27, so you're not protected from the May 15 increase, but there was no increase for your configuration on May 15 so it doesn't matter!

So for a 2 Door Badlands 2.7L, SAS, with Lux: $0 for May increase, $100 for Jun increase, $750 for Jul increase; 10-speed auto: $400 for July increase. This is basically the same thing I ordered (I have the 2.3L non-SAS though) and $1250 is the exact difference between my DORA and Monroney sticker.

I read somewhere that your dealership must apply for the retail price protection and get a check back from Ford. They can be nice and give it to you up front in the total cost you'll finance since they should be able to figure out how much it'll be (the DORA price), or they'll give you a check later once the sale is registered with Ford.

Don't quote me on this or be mad at me if your dealership doesn't agree, though. This is all based on my research and understanding of the info that's out there. I'm just trying to help out, and I can't prevent a bad dealership from screwing you over.

Last edited:

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe it should still apply.

For the 2 Door Badlands 2.7L, SAS, with Lux you ordered (based on an earlier post, I'm not stocking you, promise) here is what might apply to you if you ordered before May 15. There were price increases on May 15, Jun. 30, and Jul 26. Based on the price protection flowchart thread:
  • Start with column F, there was no price increase for 2-door Badlands, so nothing applies for the May 15 price increase. Running retail price protection amount: $0
  • Then add column G for the Jun. price increase. There was a $100 price increase that applied to all 2-door Badlands. Running retail price protection amount: $100
  • Then column H applies to your configuration next for the Jul price increase. There was a $750 price increase to all 2-door Badlands. Plus you have a 10-speed automatic, so the flowchart says to use column HH for the $400 increase on automatics. Running retail price protection amount: $1250
So for a 2 Door Badlands 2.7L, SAS, with Lux: $0 for May increase, $100 for Jun increase, $750 for Jul increase; 10-speed auto: $400 for July increase. This is basically the same thing I ordered (I have the 2.3L non-SAS though) and $1250 is the exact difference between my DORA and Monroney sticker.

I read somewhere that your dealership must apply for the retail price protection and get a check back from Ford. They can be nice and give it to you up front in the total cost you'll finance since they should be able to figure out how much it'll be (the DORA price), or they'll give you a check later once the sale is registered with Ford.

Don't quote me on this or be mad at me if your dealership doesn't agree, though. This is all based on my research and understanding of the info that's out there. I'm just trying to help out, and I can't prevent a bad dealership from screwing you over.
All your numbers are spot on. $1250 is the difference but my order was 27 May so not before the 15 May you mention. I canā€™t find any grid that covers this late May order time? Appreciate the help though.

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meet Pebbles - She is excited to be in her new forever home. It may not be Bedrock, but we should be able to find some Dirt and Rocks for her to play with. Now it is time for some Mods!
Ford Bronco 8/21 Build Week Group tempImageeCvUld

Fordgirl2003

Wildtrak
First Name
Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Meet Pebbles - She is excited to be in her new forever home. It may not be Bedrock, but we should be able to find some Dirt and Rocks for her to play with. Now it is time for some Mods!
Ford Bronco 8/21 Build Week Group tempImageeCvUld
Hello Pebbles! Youā€™re gorgeous!!

Sponsored

Bad To The Stone

Badlands
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco is home!

Ford Bronco 8/21 Build Week Group 1694738459567

Not happy with my pictures. I'll do better in the future!
Congrats!! If that is your garage, it looks like a showroom. Lucky Bronco.

crazyspy

Badlands
First Name
Crazy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats!! If that is your garage, it looks like a showroom. Lucky Bronco.
It is not, but I wish I had one as nice! That was at the dealership, don't have a pic of it sitting at home without crazy lens flare.

crazyspy

Badlands
First Name
Crazy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gorgeous!
Thanks!

Strangely, I haven't been able to find a non-sas Badlands in my area to sit in or drive, so when I picked up my Bronco that was the first time I've been able to sit in one with the HOSS 2.0 suspension. I thought it would be a bit lower than the a sas package, but it's still pretty high off the ground. I'm short, so I have a hard time getting in and out. Still love it though! LOL
Sponsored