Sponsored

900 Broncos produced a day starting next month?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford isn’t the owner of the chip plant being constructed in Arizona. A chip company based in India is the owner. They are supposed to be producing chips from that plant by 2024.
So they’re right on schedule.
Sponsored

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands, 2013 Shelby, 1965 fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last I checked Intel is not an India owned Co.
I debated whether to even respond. Might want to go back reread the thread or next time think about what you want to write before you do. My whole point was intel isn’t an India owned company. That there are American company with capital(money if you don’t understand that in this context) to build a chip factory domestically. Why do people like you rush to be a smart ass without actually reading what you’re even commenting on. Does the meaningless anonymous thumbs up or emoji make your day that much better? Reading comprehension is a beautiful thing.

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im
So, we get mad when our companies move plants overseas...and also get mad when international companies move plants here? Hey...be glad they are creating jobs here and producing here. Where the company is headquartered is of little consequence.
I’m not mad. I’m simply asking if it makes business sense for them to come here to make them, why weren’t we already with the current chip crisis? I feel like that a simple, logical question. Is it a lack of tech issue, or they just make them better than someone here could or what?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last I checked Intel is not an India owned Co.
The company is TSMC out of Taiwan. They are building at least one of the Arizona chip plants.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok. So I’ll ask because I am curious. I get them coming here to avoid tariffs. Can they produce a chip here faster or cheaper than an American company could?
my guess is there are not too many american companies who are willing to make the investment to make the chips domestically. you would think if american companies were willing to produce chips locally they would have already done it. the indian company seems to be the only one who thinks it is a good idea to establish production within the US.

Sponsored

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my guess is there are not too many american companies who are willing to make the investment to make the chips domestically. you would think if american companies were willing to produce chips locally they would have already done it. the indian company seems to be the only one who thinks it is a good idea to establish production within the US.
Thank you for a logical response that i can get behind

Sideways

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST2
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know little about this field but why is an India company coming here to make chips, but an American company just can’t make them that’s here already? Seems like a lost business opportunity by a domestic tech firm.
Rich people already have their billions. They don't care about making new products anymore, just milking value out of existing products and exploiting consumers.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, we get mad when our companies move plants overseas...and also get mad when international companies move plants here? Hey...be glad they are creating jobs here and producing here. Where the company is headquartered is of little consequence.
Seriously, what is it with this guy? I don't care who makes the chips or where they make them.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok. Microsoft has billions. Apple has billions. I’m sure there are others that have the capitol. Did it not take the Indian company years to build the factory they are in Arizona? Did they some how build there’s faster than an American company could?
Up until the Pandemic, chips weren't an issue and a domestic producer wasn't needed.

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Up until the Pandemic, chips weren't an issue and a domestic producer wasn't needed.
Ok. Approaching two years from pandemic start. Year and a half anyway. Chips ain’t going away. Been scarce for a minute. Stopped production across numerous products. When does the lightbulb go off it’s a good idea?

Sponsored

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok. Microsoft has billions. Apple has billions. I’m sure there are others that have the capitol. Did it not take the Indian company years to build the factory they are in Arizona? Did they some how build there’s faster than an American company could?
You know that Microsoft and Apple don't make chips right? All that work is outsourced to a supplier, they just design the hardware. You won't see Apple or Microsoft factories, even in China or Taiwan, you'll see TSMC and Foxconn factories

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just found an additional article that states Intel is also planning a chip plant in Arizona. My question is, why would companies build manufacturing facilities for a product that is heavily dependent on WATER in a state that has a constant concern over water?

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cheap land, cheap power (nuclear - Palo Verde?), relatively stable weather - no hurricanes, tornados, relatively stable geology - no volcanoes, eathquakes, etc. Probably a lot of tax incentives...

Nybadlands22

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know that Microsoft and Apple don't make chips right? All that work is outsourced to a supplier, they just design the hardware. You won't see Apple or Microsoft factories, even in China or Taiwan, you'll see TSMC and Foxconn factories
Geezzzzz buddy. Did you just miss the whole premise of my post. I could care less about what actual company is doing the producing. The whole premise was why isn’t an American company doing it if it fiscally makes sense. A foreign chip manufacturer coming here to do it basically proves it makes sense. INTEL I guess would fit that bill. I’m to lazy to look it up but I’m pretty sure they are American. Unless its a we can’t compete on a quality level, it just doesn’t make sense
Sponsored