Sponsored

A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank?

OP
OP

RunJB

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

RunJB

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really like that look. I take it you were pleased with the Auxbeams? It looks like those are the 3 1/2" lights. Do you believe the 4" would fit with this setup? Worried about the passenger side with the antenna.. I'm looking at these: Auxbeam 4"
Also, would you do the Rigid dual light bracket again? Thanks for the info!
4” would fit fine. I currently run the @Mountains2Metal bracket. Not only does it cost less but I’ve become good friends with the family that owns the business, and they are wonderful people. Also, it’s made here in NC, and there’s nothing better to me than supporting local small businesses. https://mountains2metal.com/BR6LAP1/

Last edited:

MandRautomotive

Outer Banks
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm like minded...
Even though high $ lights are great and include features like back lighting & flood/spot modes, I went with these from Amazon for about $18. Then used these to make the install even cleaner and move a little outboard from the antennae. All in for about $40 and I have something that looks nice, works great and doesn't break the bank. I figure that it's something I'll use only occasionally anyway, so unless you're driving in the back country all the time, save a few Bronco Tax $$'s for other need to have goodies.

I also have 2 sets of Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics pillar lights to switch to if these wear out. So I'm covered.

Here's what they look like:
FrontLightBar.jpeg
Nice Lightbar :)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay, had some time today to research 3" - 4" pillar/ditch lights for the Bronco. I really don't want to spend the money on high dollar lights. I've looked at LASFIT, Auxbeam, Quadratech, Harbor Freight, and others - including the more expensive brands. Wanting to spend under $200 I think :) Also wanting these to be a Flood Light Pattern. At this point I'm having analysis paralysis. Any input and help is appreciated! Leaning towards LASFIT... I think!

(I also realized that I don't have a great pic of my Bronco.) It's a 22 Iconic Silver Badlands Sasquatch with Xpel Stealth PPF and additional underbody protection. Ready to go off road very soon.
193BB6F6-9CBA-4E11-AEA6-7AA35924E44C_1_105_c.jpeg
I couldn't post about this earlier, but check out the Diode Dynamics kits. They are 20% off right now (discount is applied once added to your cart):

So for $175.20 (we'll ship them free also) you've got a killer set of Ditch Lights. We even include the wiring harness for an easy installation

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want a good set of lights, go with the Diode Dynamics:

$219 for a complete kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Includes the lights and the wiring harness to tie into your upfitters.

8 year warranty. Assembled in the USA. REALLY good quality!

As far as patterns, only get flood if you plan to aim them off to the side of your truck. Otherwise if you plan to aim them forward you want one of the following

SPOT: Goes the furthest down range. It'll go the furthest

DRIVING: I call this a "wide spot" similar to your high beams. It doesn't go as far as spot but is a bit wider.

WIDE: Not recommended for a-pillars, it's a wide pattern good for fog light use (fogs should be LOW though not up high on the pillars)

FLOOD: Good for reverse lights or side lighting, as it just throws light 360 degrees basically and dispurses it. Good for campsite lighting, etc...

COMBO: This has 2 FLOOD lenses and 2 DRIVING Lenses so you get a bit of both of those in one.

SPOT and COMBO are the most popular for a-pillars.

Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? E5F5969E-6FF8-4459-BAF1-D60E703CBD65

Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? E5F5969E-6FF8-4459-BAF1-D60E703CBD65
Can't beat this deal - SOLD. Order# 28216 THANK YOU Adam!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can't beat this deal - SOLD. Order# 28216 THANK YOU Adam!
SOLID Choice. Thanks for the business itl'l ship from us tomorrow.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a pair of Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro’s on my mirrors, through 4x4TruckLEDs, and I HIGHLY recommend them. Recently went to the Colorado Springs area and was flying around forest roads at night with so much visibility - it was wonderful and now I want more lights to see even further out in front as well as to the sides
What pattern did you go with (flood, spot, combo?)

I think I’m going this route. I like the new ss5s because of the backlighting, but they may be too big for my liking.

MichBadger

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading this thread is basically the only research I’ve done. Do I need to buy a separate mounting bracket to get A-pillar lights?

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I’m going this route. I like the new ss5s because of the backlighting, but they may be too big for my liking.
The SS3 are available with a back-light also (amber with our ditch kits). The SS5 has an RGB back-lit.

I like the SS5 to be honest. It's not as big as you think.

We have both kits in stock

SS3: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? 306012408_764596981473923_5055374783127821617_n

SS5: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss5-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/
Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? DIode2

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reading this thread is basically the only research I’ve done. Do I need to buy a separate mounting bracket to get A-pillar lights?
No with any of our A-Pillar kits everything is in the kit.

Baja Designs S1, S2, Squadron don't require a bracket (but Baja Designs' kit includes an off-set bracket as part of their "Kit" which is used on the larger lights, so you get it regardless)

Diode Dymamics don't require one due to their bracket design, they have a notch you can slide the lights in

Baja Designs: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-a-pillar-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Diode Dynamics SS3: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Diode Dynamics SS5: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss5-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

The Diode Dynamics are 20% off right now (discounts applied once added to your cart)

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For this first pair I went with the SAE Driving pattern (mixed use since most of my time is spent in Kansas) in the Pro power level. Sort of wish I did Combo for more spread, but that can still be taken care of. I'll be going with Pro/Max SAE Flood Yellow & White for fogs and then the DD Reverse Light Kit, likely Sport SSC2's

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@4x4TruckLEDs.com Looking at the Diode dynamics s3 for ditch lights. How are these at lighting up the sides and forward? My main goal is more light to the sides (to overcome widow tint at night in the dirt) as well as a broader view of things up front.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@4x4TruckLEDs.com Looking at the Diode dynamics s3 for ditch lights. How are these at lighting up the sides and forward? My main goal is more light to the sides (to overcome widow tint at night in the dirt) as well as a broader view of things up front.
Well it's a bit tricky to get both since the lights will either be aimed forward or to the side.

A combo pattern would be best for this since it'll have a driving pattern to throw light a bit down range and then a flood pattern which floods the sides a bit.
Sponsored