Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is the correct positioning for these? I just installed the Baja Designs sports from @4x4TruckLEDs.com but not 100% sure how to face them. Just don’t want to be riding around announcing that I didn’t know how to use them if they’re not aligned correctly. I tried looking at pictures but was hard to find something straight on to tell.
Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights positioning C4D9F869-6216-46C5-AE90-72A091AC7005
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ha I was just going to post a similar question to me they are ditch lights so I pointed them slightly outward. As if/when I am on a trail and need them they will light up the well ditches. my headlights will be taking care of directly ahead.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You align them for your use. There is no "correct" way, other than to light up what YOU need to see. If they are just for looks, then just put them however looks good to you.

All depends on terrain and use as to whether you want them slightly ahead or to the side or if you need one ahead and one to the side. Also depends on if they are spots, wide, or hybrid. I like to be able to adjust as needed.

It's either going to look like a mall crawler or it's not. The orientation of the lights won't affect that.

OP
OP
aggrad2010

aggrad2010

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You align them for your use. There is no "correct" way, other than to light up what YOU need to see. If they are just for looks, then just put them however looks good to you.

All depends on terrain and use as to whether you want them slightly ahead or to the side or if you need one ahead and one to the side. Also depends on if they are spots, wide, or hybrid. I like to be able to adjust as needed.

It's either going to look like a mall crawler or it's not. The orientation of the lights won't affect that.
Thanks. Makes sense. It will mostly be a city dweller but I do intend to use it for its full capabilities. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t advertising my inexperience

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. Makes sense. It will mostly be a city dweller but I do intend to use it for its full capabilities. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t advertising my inexperience

Don't worry about that. The guy with the most experience didn't start that way.

Sponsored

JScheier

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr Wildtrak, '11 BMW M3, '96 Ford Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I usually go find a nice, dark place with a wall (if possible). The darker, the better. Turn on your headlights and (potentially) whatever other front facing lights you might have.

From there, I turn on the ditch lights and orient them so that they pickup where the headlights (and other lights) leave off. Working towards a 180* lighting effect when viewed from the cockpit.
I also angle them down some, and do my best to have them pointed out so I don't create glare on the hood. (if you have them pointed straight forward, turn them on at night and notice the glare / reflection coming off your hood, and how that can limit your visibility).

That's my $.02 on aiming them :)

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I usually go find a nice, dark place with a wall (if possible). The darker, the better. Turn on your headlights and (potentially) whatever other front facing lights you might have.

From there, I turn on the ditch lights and orient them so that they pickup where the headlights (and other lights) leave off. Working towards a 180* lighting effect when viewed from the cockpit.
I also angle them down some, and do my best to have them pointed out so I don't create glare on the hood. (if you have them pointed straight forward, turn them on at night and notice the glare / reflection coming off your hood, and how that can limit your visibility).

That's my $.02 on aiming them :)
I do the same. My ditch lights are angled out far enough that someone once asked my why they’re aimed Like that. They’re DD flood and they pick up where my headlights and bumper lights fade to the sides. All of my lights help me see all of the deer at night around here.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What is the correct positioning for these? I just installed the Baja Designs sports from @4x4TruckLEDs.com but not 100% sure how to face them. Just don’t want to be riding around announcing that I didn’t know how to use them if they’re not aligned correctly. I tried looking at pictures but was hard to find something straight on to tell.
Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights positioning C4D9F869-6216-46C5-AE90-72A091AC7005
Depends on preference, light type (wide, spot, hybrid, fog) number of lights per side , and intended use off road or on ( sae compliant fog lights)

Really no right or wrong way. It’s what works for you.
Sponsored