Sponsored

A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank?

RunJB

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, had some time today to research 3" - 4" pillar/ditch lights for the Bronco. I really don't want to spend the money on high dollar lights. I've looked at LASFIT, Auxbeam, Quadratech, Harbor Freight, and others - including the more expensive brands. Wanting to spend under $200 I think :) Also wanting these to be a Flood Light Pattern. At this point I'm having analysis paralysis. Any input and help is appreciated! Leaning towards LASFIT... I think!

(I also realized that I don't have a great pic of my Bronco.) It's a 22 Iconic Silver Badlands Sasquatch with Xpel Stealth PPF and additional underbody protection. Ready to go off road very soon.
Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? 193BB6F6-9CBA-4E11-AEA6-7AA35924E44C_1_105_c
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you want a good set of lights, go with the Diode Dynamics:

$219 for a complete kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

Includes the lights and the wiring harness to tie into your upfitters.

8 year warranty. Assembled in the USA. REALLY good quality!

As far as patterns, only get flood if you plan to aim them off to the side of your truck. Otherwise if you plan to aim them forward you want one of the following

SPOT: Goes the furthest down range. It'll go the furthest

DRIVING: I call this a "wide spot" similar to your high beams. It doesn't go as far as spot but is a bit wider.

WIDE: Not recommended for a-pillars, it's a wide pattern good for fog light use (fogs should be LOW though not up high on the pillars)

FLOOD: Good for reverse lights or side lighting, as it just throws light 360 degrees basically and dispurses it. Good for campsite lighting, etc...

COMBO: This has 2 FLOOD lenses and 2 DRIVING Lenses so you get a bit of both of those in one.

SPOT and COMBO are the most popular for a-pillars.

Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? 1668645021864

Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? 306012408_764596981473923_5055374783127821617_n

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

$219 for a complete kit: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-dynamics-stage-series-ss3-ditch-light-kit-for-2021-ford-bronco/

As far as patterns, only get flood if you plan to aim them off to the side of your truck. Otherwise if you plan to aim them forward you want one of the following

DRIVING: I call this a "wide spot" similar to your high beams. It doesn't go as far as spot but is a bit wider.

WIDE: Not recommended for a-pillars, it's a wide pattern good for fog light use (fogs should be LOW though not up high on the pillars)

FLOOD: Good for reverse lights or side lighting, as it just throws light 360 degrees basically and dispurses it. Good for campsite lighting, etc...

COMBO: This has 2 FLOOD lenses and 2 DRIVING Lenses so you get a bit of both of those in one.

Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? 306012408_764596981473923_5055374783127821617_n

Can the combo lights be powered separately so that you can choose either flood/driving? Or are they tied to the same aux switch? I'm assuming they can't but figured I'd ask.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can the combo lights be powered separately so that you can choose either flood/driving? Or are they tied to the same aux switch? I'm assuming they can't but figured I'd ask.
no its just the lens pattern

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re going to angle the lights to the side, you want a wide/flood pattern. Lots of good options that are budget friendly. I’m using lights from Extreme LED and really happy with the results. Lots of light to the side, really help driving at night in my rural area where there are deer everywhere.
Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? A36AC906-1D83-4316-BB3F-085C4AE5EF0D

Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? A77EEED4-E591-4F5A-B9FE-5040E60C2937

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Diode, just wait for Black Friday deals

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a dual setup from Auxbeam on a previous Bronco , at 90 bucks a pair that’s within budget. You’ll want a dual light mount if you go that route, several vendors have them
Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? FC4B3D06-C323-42ED-A867-AC2C7672202B

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the Rough Country Wide Angle Osram, I believe are floods, extra angle to the sides. It was pretty much an impulse buy, right after I hit a deer at night. I actually bought a second pair for the top corners of my bumper. They worked fine, very bright and lit up the ditches and fields pretty good. I am looking for a bracket that will mount the lights a bit forward ahead of the side mirrors. The side mirrors block the wide angle part a bit.

https://www.roughcountry.com/3-inch-led-wide-angle-lights-70904.html

I plan on some DD pocket lights soon. Once I get my Bronco back from repair.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are working just fine for me and a couple others on here...

Ourbest Round Driving Lights Bar,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091575QQG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? Screenshot_20221117-043643_Amazon Shoppin

I know these are not going to last, but right now, I'm putting my money into suspension and armor. When that's all done, probably KC lights for me...👌

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm like minded...
Even though high $ lights are great and include features like back lighting & flood/spot modes, I went with these from Amazon for about $18. Then used these to make the install even cleaner and move a little outboard from the antennae. All in for about $40 and I have something that looks nice, works great and doesn't break the bank. I figure that it's something I'll use only occasionally anyway, so unless you're driving in the back country all the time, save a few Bronco Tax $$'s for other need to have goodies.

I also have 2 sets of Baja Designs and Diode Dynamics pillar lights to switch to if these wear out. So I'm covered.

Here's what they look like:
Ford Bronco A Pillar / Ditch Lights that don't break the bank? FrontLightBar

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a pair of Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro’s on my mirrors, through 4x4TruckLEDs, and I HIGHLY recommend them. Recently went to the Colorado Springs area and was flying around forest roads at night with so much visibility - it was wonderful and now I want more lights to see even further out in front as well as to the sides

OP
OP

RunJB

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a dual setup from Auxbeam on a previous Bronco , at 90 bucks a pair that’s within budget. You’ll want a dual light mount if you go that route, several vendors have them
FC4B3D06-C323-42ED-A867-AC2C7672202B.jpeg
I really like that look. I take it you were pleased with the Auxbeams? It looks like those are the 3 1/2" lights. Do you believe the 4" would fit with this setup? Worried about the passenger side with the antenna.. I'm looking at these: Auxbeam 4"
Also, would you do the Rigid dual light bracket again? Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
OP
OP

RunJB

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a pair of Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro’s on my mirrors, through 4x4TruckLEDs, and I HIGHLY recommend them. Recently went to the Colorado Springs area and was flying around forest roads at night with so much visibility - it was wonderful and now I want more lights to see even further out in front as well as to the sides
Thank you for the information. These

Great info. Thank you!

OP
OP

RunJB

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the reply. The Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport are on my short list.
Sponsored