First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am getting buried in emails and calls asking for an ETA on orders which haven't scheduled. I need you to be patient. The dealership will not know your ETA until you do. I still expect that everyone is going to find out sometime next month. Thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am getting buried in emails and calls asking for an ETA on orders which haven't scheduled. I need you to be patient. The dealership will not know your ETA until you do. I still expect that everyone is going to find out sometime next month. Thanks.
We appreciate you Eric! thanks for keeping us as up to date as you are able. Keep up the good work, and good luck with all the (and i'm sure increasing) e-mail

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey I just reread my last message

Are you going??
Nope, I'm not a part of the dealer network. But I'm sure it would have been fun and a well deserved break from the computer and...*cough* some customers.

I'll probably go to the off roadeo for the normies if my schedule permits.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey all!

It's been a long time since I checked in with everybody. Someone recently posted a comment "The enthusiasm here sure died" or something similar to that, but I think they deleted the comment shortly after. I'll be honest with everyone and say that personally my enthusiasm absolutely did take a dip there for a while! I hate to say it but I let the assholes of this community get under my skin. In the last couple months I had reservation holders email me to call me a liar, complain to my GM, complain to Ford, blame me for their order not converting, all kinds of dumb shit. My frustration with those few people made me step away from posting for a while. I shouldn't have let that bother me though because the rest of you on this forum have continued to be an absolute pleasure to work with! Like seriously, you are all awesome and I GREATLY appreciate you working with me and my dealership!

So let's talk about some things going on right now.

ALLOCATION:
There is another round of orders that will schedule soon. If you are in this month's allocation then you should see an email from Ford once your order schedules. I *think* that round of scheduling will occur on or before Thursday the 20th. Per my Ford rep, we will still see the rest of the 2021s get scheduled before the end of this month as well.

A lot of people are expressing frustration over the build order. I have tried to set everyone's expectations from the beginning that reservation timestamp is a major factor in build order, but it is not the only factor. Factories always build things in batches for efficiency reasons. For example, this month the factory will produce 15% 2doors and 85% 4doors. The 15% that are 2doors will build in order of reservation timestamp, but there will be people with later 4door reservations that will schedule before an earlier 2door reservation. That said, a lot of people have asked me if they should reconfigure their Bronco to 'play the odds' of the commodity restrictions. I personally wouldn't recommend that at this point, but it's your Bronco and if you ask for a revision I'll make the revision. FYI, we may be in the final days to make any kind of revision. No big revisions are allowed after the order is scheduled.

MICROCHIPS:
The current microchip shortage is a real thing that is having a huge impact on new car sales. We are currently only carrying 1/3 of the new inventory that we normally would. Ford has made statements that they are making cutbacks on other model production to ensure they can still fulfill the 2021 Bronco orders. Overall I don't think this will have a big impact on the Bronco launch.

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER SCHEDULING:
Once I have a final list of who is getting a 2021 Bronco, I will resume following up with that group to lock in some final details. Among those final details will be if you want the license plate bracket installed or not. Topics like payment calculations, pre-approvals, and trade-in values, are best discussed in the same month that your Bronco will arrive. This is because bank rates and trade-in values change on a weekly to monthly basis. Sometime in the weeks before your Bronco's arrival I will also connect you with the salesperson who will see your purchase the rest of the way through.

WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE NOT SCHEDULED:
All orders not scheduled for 2021 will push into the 2022 model year. Ford has said production for the 2022 will begin December of 2021. Based on the 2021 launch, I expect that means we'll have an order bank window sometime around September to October. I also assume that means they will start arriving at the dealership in February of 2022.

TEST DRIVE UNITS:

We have two test drive units that will arrive near the end of June. I'm honestly still not sure exactly how we will handle the scheduling of test drives. It would be too chaotic if we had people just walk in for test drives so there will definitely be some kind of appointment required. Still a lot of details to work out there though.

BRONCO PRICING AND OTHER COMMITMENTS:
Absolutely nothing has changed with any commitment that we have made you. Nor will anything change.

Let me know if I missed any hot topics that you would like explained in detail.

Thank you again for choosing Kearny Mesa Ford for your Bronco purchase!

Eric Bunch

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eric,
sorry a few rotten apples soured it for you. I guess it just goes with dealing with the public :rolleyes:. Thanks for always keeping us informed. (y)

Sponsored

VDPHB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eric,
sorry a few rotten apples soured it for you. I guess it just goes with dealing with the public :rolleyes:. Thanks for always keeping us informed. (y)
💯 ☝- Everyone can become a keyboard warrior and we all need to remember there's a person behind the words.

@EricAtKearnyMesaFord - Thank you for all you have done and continue to do for the Bronco6G community and for me dude!

P.S. - I think we all can use a bit of whiskey (or at least a beverage and a burrito)

Parkbronco14

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2013 Mazda Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have purchased many cars throughout the years and Eric and his dealership have been one of the best I’ve ever dealt with

I called Eric and asked about getting a truck to bide the time until my bronco comes in and he and his coworkers took great care of me and I have a new F150 fx4 in the driveway!

Thanks for everything Eric!