Sponsored

A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you don't like the colors and options on the Bronco,,, wait till tomorrow as they will be different. Anyone jumping into the purchase mess now is just asking for stress and some fun times. When things are like they are now, decisions are made that are not good for the consumer. Promise, promise, delay, delay, make changes often and random.,
Sponsored

JPOPS5

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base-man-squatch / A7 / S5 / TT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My son and I were at a local dealer event today. Great to actually see one finally. I love the size. Perfect. Interior room felt a lot like my FJ. My one minor gripe was that the door armrest is quite narrow. Felt like my arm would barely stay on and I don’t exactly have huge arms. I do think it’s something I can get used to.

I’m also glad there was a MT as I was able to row through the gears - felt smooth and should only be better with a running engine! Can’t wait for delivery!

Ford Bronco A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into 1619924600264

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you don't like the colors and options on the Bronco,,, wait till tomorrow as they will be different. Anyone jumping into the purchase mess now is just asking for stress and some fun times. When things are like they are now, decisions are made that are not good for the consumer. Promise, promise, delay, delay, make changes often and random.,
Not me. I like the colors and options and trims. I ordered a BD w/manual and advanced transfer case. Never had to compromise on anything and getting it in MY'21.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are too tall for it try this. Take out the front seat have the back seat slid forward to fit your needs. I’m sure there is a custom shop out there that will be happy to setup this vehicle just to fit your needs. It’s your money get it just like you want it

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are too tall for it try this. Take out the front seat have the back seat slid forward to fit your needs. I’m sure there is a custom shop out there that will be happy to setup this vehicle just to fit your needs. It’s your money get it just like you want it
Yep I had to bolt the seat to the floor in my viper. No rails. I’m 6’3. Most cool cars are not built for tall big guys (or girls)

Sponsored

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wife is getting a Bronco Sport. I'm getting a Bronco. We know what we want/need. And while there will always be that one idiot out there, I like to think most people are smart enough they know what they are getting.

I think the real issue is that the Bronco for many will be like that brand new Peloton. High hopes for how their life will change slowly gathering dust in the garage...
Well I got, use and love my Peloton. So now I feel better! 🙂

Tory Brecht

Wildtrak
First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into 1619924600264

I know, people are surprised that I’m out, and have asked to cancel my order. That’s me in the back seat of a badlands this week.

while I am certainly a well-fed fellow nowadays, my bones haven’t grown since I was in my teens. I’m sitting behind myself, as I had asked people to do in various posts when access to the preproduction models was limited to very few people.

I am only 6-2, with a 32 inch inseam. I’m big, but not insanely so. (Yeah, I can lose some weight...)

as you can see, there’a barely room behind me for myself. And my head is well above the roll bars. My view is rollbars. I could see the ground but not the mountains

This would not be good for a 12 hour road trip. Not even for a one hour road trip This does not fit my family. Anybody large with sons growing up in their large footsteps - like mine - should take heed of that picture.

now, I even get an A-Z code discount. My badlands was going to cost less than any of yours- and I still have to back out of the deal.

this was not an easy decision but it was the right one - for me

Ford made a mistake by making the back seat this small, and doubled down with the stadium seating vs roll cage height.
Will you be riding behind yourself often? 🤔

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 IH Scout RIP, 2010 Mazdaspeed3 Zoom
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My first impressions after previewing 2 4door models was a bit disappointing, I expected the fit and finish to me more complete, I know these are demo models but seeing both i4 and v6 engine bays there were a ton of wires all over the place, not sure why these aren't compartmentalized. They will be a pain in the butt to hose out after an afternoon of mudding or sandy beach adventures. Not to mention will begin to accrue various dust and refuse in hard to reach places over repeated off roading. Both models were soft tops, the interiors felt comfortable with the leather, the cloth seats looked and felt cheap unfortunately. I expected a bit more space inside, the back seats definitely would be a drag for an adult during any long haul journeys. I'm only 5'10, I'd imagine taller people might want to double check how things feel just to be sure. I really would have liked to drive one around the block and see how responsive the engine is getting on to the highway. Sadly these were just showroom models. They look cool but definitely not $50,000 cool in my humble opinion. Jeep fans will love having an alternative with a fresh take on off roading. I'm kind of glad my dealer bumbled my order and accidentally cancelled mine. I'm going to wait for a Cybertruck and hope my mazdaspeed3 can last until those debut. Good luck to all of you. I'll give the Bronco another look once we can test drive them, but I'm not as hyped or holding my breath until then.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oops. I drove A 1995 4Runner from 1996 to 2007 and a 2006 from 2007 to now.
Yes I did drive a 2006 4Runner from 2007 to now. And yes I did drive. 1995 4Runner from 1996-2007

ggilber3

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree for the most part, however, if you don’t plan on off-roading or doing a bunch of outdoorsy stuff, an OBX with Lux, leather, non-Sasquatch will get you awfully close to entry/mid level comfort and driving experience with other non-luxury SUVs. Plus it will look a hell of a lot more unique, better going down the road, and more capable in snow and other winter driving conditions.
This is exactly the approach I'm taking and this post is helpful to temper expectations. You can call me a complete poser, but the reality is I'm a a huge Ford fan, live downtown Toronto in a condo and already had an Escape which was blah for my tastes. I ordered the Outer Banks, Cactus Grey, Lux, Navy Leather, probably going to do a rear tire delete, remove the fenders and have ordered black 22 inch rims. I want this to be really unique amongst all the new Defenders, Audis in the City etc. We'll see if the experiment works.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After my 6'7" brother sat in a manual seat BD at the lowest setting and had lots of headroom, it looks safe to say most tall people will be OK in front. The back seat is another story.

Ford Bronco A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into IMG_20210502_105403556_HDR~2

Last edited:

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Will you be riding behind yourself often? 🤔
my son will - guaranteed 6 footer in 3 years. The question isn’t will he get to 6 feet - it’s when wil he stop past 6 feet?

the whole family is tall, both sides, so there was no escaping it, I had to bail out

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first impressions after previewing 2 4door models was a bit disappointing, I expected the fit and finish to me more complete, I know these are demo models but seeing both i4 and v6 engine bays there were a ton of wires all over the place, not sure why these aren't compartmentalized. They will be a pain in the butt to hose out after an afternoon of mudding or sandy beach adventures. Not to mention will begin to accrue various dust and refuse in hard to reach places over repeated off roading. Both models were soft tops, the interiors felt comfortable with the leather, the cloth seats looked and felt cheap unfortunately. I expected a bit more space inside, the back seats definitely would be a drag for an adult during any long haul journeys. I'm only 5'10, I'd imagine taller people might want to double check how things feel just to be sure. I really would have liked to drive one around the block and see how responsive the engine is getting on to the highway. Sadly these were just showroom models. They look cool but definitely not $50,000 cool in my humble opinion. Jeep fans will love having an alternative with a fresh take on off roading. I'm kind of glad my dealer bumbled my order and accidentally cancelled mine. I'm going to wait for a Cybertruck and hope my mazdaspeed3 can last until those debut. Good luck to all of you. I'll give the Bronco another look once we can test drive them, but I'm not as hyped or holding my breath until then.
Ah, another disappointed “expert” with an opinion to match! lol
Enjoy your Cyperktruckthingy and C-YA, wouldn’t want to be ya!
Ford Bronco A word of warning to those who may not fully understand what they are getting into 1620067324605

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ah, another disappointed “expert” with an opinion to match! lol
Enjoy your Cyperktruckthingy and C-YA, wouldn’t want to be ya!
I thought that was a fake post. If you are going to the dealer to make up your mind on a bronco and get back in your Mazda... this isn’t the life for you buddy.
Not going to lie I needed to google Mazda speed 3 to see what it was.
Sponsored