First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.3 stick shift
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My AC stopped blowing cold air and I don’t know what to do? I’ve owned the car for about 3 weeks. Plenty of air and the heat works just fine but no cold air.

I’m on a roadtrip. Currently in Topeka, KS and headed to Denver (I drove here from CT). Is this something I can take to any ford dealer for warranty work?
Thanks for any help. ✌
Sponsored

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes you can take to any Ford or Lincoln dealer for warranty work.

OP
OP
Groovy Adventures

Groovy Adventures

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.3 stick shift
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today was horrible. Drove through 108 degree weather with no AC from topeka to denver. . I was pouring bottle after bottle of water over my head to stay cool. 3 different ford dealers couldn’t help. I stopped at a NAPA auto parts store to get freon and that didn’t help dither. The guy from napa said that the AC compressor wouldn’t stay engaged and its probably an electrical issue.

is this a common issue? Am I going to be waiting on parts for ages or is this an easy fix?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Today was horrible. Drove through 108 degree weather with no AC from topeka to denver. . I was pouring bottle after bottle of water over my head to stay cool. 3 different ford dealers couldn’t help. I stopped at a NAPA auto parts store to get freon and that didn’t help dither. The guy from napa said that the AC compressor wouldn’t stay engaged and its probably an electrical issue.

is this a common issue? Am I going to be waiting on parts for ages or is this an easy fix?
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of you Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this concern on my end.

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might just have to get the A/C refrigerant recharged.

Sponsored

38Special

Black Diamond
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My AC stopped blowing cold air and I don’t know what to do? I’ve owned the car for about 3 weeks. Plenty of air and the heat works just fine but no cold air.

I’m on a roadtrip. Currently in Topeka, KS and headed to Denver (I drove here from CT). Is this something I can take to any ford dealer for warranty work?
Thanks for any help. ✌

I took delivery in May, and have 2K miles so fas, with absolutely no issues , except: On very warm days, I noticed that external temp indicator starts dropping until compressor shuts off and cooling halts.
In fact, although 90degrees outside, external indicator dropped to minus 13 degrees! About 5 minutes later it started to climb , and cooling switched back on in about 10 mins when it eventually reached above 75 degrees.
Is this normal for the AC’s operation in hot weather, or is this an external temp sensor defect causing system to work improperly ?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The guy from napa said that the AC compressor wouldn’t stay engaged and its probably an electrical issue.

High likelyhood it is the low pressure transducer.

An A/C system has two sensors, a high pressure and a low pressure sensor.

When you are low on Freon, it's the low pressure one that prevents the A/C from engaging. In your case, most likely the pressure is fine, and the sensor is bad.

part number is HG1Z 19D594 A ; it is common to a bunch of Fords and should be in stock just about anywhere.

Not a common problem, but at least two others on the forum have had this part go bad, which is why I think this is the culprit.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've noticed that the A/c that is good enough for the more door work absolutely fantastic in my new micro-cabin sized 2dr half cab. The cubic feet of air is significantly reduced and the A/C works well enough to handle another few hundreds of years of naturally occurring climate change.😋

My Friend Flicka

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco, Acura, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you get this fixed?
I was having an AC problem in 100 plus degree weather during a 6 hour dive to Central California and back today, the AC would work for a few minutes and then blow warm. I just bought her new a little over a week ago, I’m hoping it will magically fix itself overnight!!

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you get this fixed?
I was having an AC problem in 100 plus degree weather during a 6 hour dive to Central California and back today, the AC would work for a few minutes and then blow warm. I just bought her new a little over a week ago, I’m hoping it will magically fix itself overnight!!

Take it to the dealership - won't fix itself. I had a similar issue, turned out there was an in-cabin humidity sensor (or something) that was just slightly non plugged in. They reseated the sensor, some diagnostics or whatever - bingo bango all problems solved. So yah, Dealership 100%.

Sponsored

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of you Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this concern on my end.
We are also having an AC issue.
No cold air. Is this a known problem?
Both local dealerships have a 2 and 3 week wait for service.
Hard to believe a $56k vehicle with only 10k miles is having air conditioning issues already.
Any help would be welcome.
Brian

Barneyridesagain

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 Trail Boss, '18 Triumph Tiger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are having the same issue here. OBX has 18K miles. A/C works great in very hot TX weather from cold startup. Gradually fades over about 30-60 minutes of continuous use until there is only about a 10 degree temp split between supply and return. Feels like at that point the compressor is short cycling but hard to tell going down the road. The compressor is not short cycling at idle stop and there is no indication of any refrigerant leaks, so it leads me to beleive it is not a compressor or refrigerant issue but more likely a sensor or calibration issue. All of the local dealers (DFW) have long waits for service with no loaner cars. I don't understand why you cant get a place in line voucher and bring your car in when space becomes avaialble instead having your car sit on thier lot for 2-3 weeks! What the hell is an extended warranty with loaner coverage good for Ford?? This is my first ever Ford and I love the Bronco. Not too impressed with the overall Ford experience at this point.
Sponsored