Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was on a road trip yesterday. Last night in 40 degree weather after stopping for food, I noticed my car getting really cold and not defrosting well. Then realized it wasn’t blowing from any vent regardless of where I directed the air (defrost, feet, dash). Turning up the fan I could hear it working from behind the glove box, but still nothing flowing out. I tried turning on AC and still nothing. Pulled over and took a look behind glove box and noticed condensation near the center of dash. Kept the AC compressor off for the next two hours. Luckily didn’t fog up much and I got home safely but it was an uncomfortable ride. Stopping and starting the car didn’t help.

This morning I decided to give it another go and it’s working. I’m assuming something is wrong with whatever directs the air 🤷 it’s a base model early 2022

I’m assuming this is unrelated but I have another issue where often (but not always), my rear windows don’t drop when I open the doors. Only mention that in case the same modules control those activations

Any ideas?

edit: just found this post. sounds similar
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was on a road trip yesterday. Last night in 40 degree weather after stopping for food, I noticed my car getting really cold and not defrosting well. Then realized it wasn’t blowing from any vent regardless of where I directed the air (defrost, feet, dash). Turning up the fan I could hear it working from behind the glove box, but still nothing flowing out. I tried turning on AC and still nothing. Pulled over and took a look behind glove box and noticed condensation near the center of dash. Kept the AC compressor off for the next two hours. Luckily didn’t fog up much and I got home safely but it was an uncomfortable ride. Stopping and starting the car didn’t help.

This morning I decided to give it another go and it’s working. I’m assuming something is wrong with whatever directs the air 🤷 it’s a base model early 2022

I’m assuming this is unrelated but I have another issue where often (but not always), my rear windows don’t drop when I open the doors. Only mention that in case the same modules control those activations

Any ideas?

Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Any ideas?

To reset the windows...power the window down while pressing down the switch (do not release the switch). Once fully down, hold the switch for 5 second minimum then power the window up (do not release the switch) and hold the switch for 5 second minimum. This should re-set the windows.

Sorry, no thoughts on the air flow issue.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is your coolant level low? Perhaps not enough coolant is making its way into the heater core?

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any ideas?

It sounds like your AC frozen up the system, I noticed the defrost turns on the AC too, but I've turned it off when I use out of habit. It's suppose to help take out condensation, but I've found it to be a waste and unnecessary to run the AC with the defrost.
Sponsored