Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!
Someone on a Jeep forum said they have a set of windows for summer and ones for winter (apparently the salt is tough on the windows and can scratch them) and that is genius IMO
Good idea, and I would consider untinted for your winter set, more dark driving in the winter. I have a tinted soft top on my current daily driver and I can't see a thing when it's dark.
Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have had seven soft top Jeeps. Snow accumulation on the soft top was never an issue as far as weight. Clean it off when you get ready to drive, and go.

OP
OP
MConn

MConn

Outer Banks
First Name
Shel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good idea, and I would consider untinted for your winter set, more dark driving in the winter. I have a tinted soft top on my current daily driver and I can't see a thing when it's dark.
Great advice. I wouldn’t have thought of this. Thanks!

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had a BMW convertible get completely covered over the in snow during a blizzard. It was buried for days. No problem with the soft top whatsoever.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great advice. I wouldn’t have thought of this. Thanks!
They're harder to see out of than tinted glass for some reason, maybe because they're wavy.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This gives me a lot of confidence in the top. I read as long as you clear the snow off every 6 inches it is fine. I just want to be sure I’m taking care of my car
Have no worries
I'm in PA and switched to softie too. And in doing so I've spoken with lots of people who have soft tops from mustangs to jeeps. They all said they've had no issues. You just have to be careful with how aggressively you clear off the top when we get our nor'easters

The remote start just makes it all the more better

While brewing coffee in the morning
"Alexa tell fordpass to turn on my Bronco"

By the time my sneakers are on, the OBX will be nice n toasty inside

Impatient

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have no worries
I'm in PA and switched to softie too. And in doing so I've spoken with lots of people who have soft tops from mustangs to jeeps. They all said they've had no issues. You just have to be careful with how aggressively you clear off the top when we get our nor'easters

The remote start just makes it all the more better

While brewing coffee in the morning
"Alexa tell fordpass to turn on my Bronco"

By the time my sneakers are on, the OBX will be nice n toasty inside
Me knowing my softop will have a manual transmission so no remote start in the winter
Ford Bronco Accommodations for a soft top 1632404445820

gofastguy

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I've driven soft top Mustangs for decades and had a dual top and a soft top Wrangler. Snow has never been an issue and they really aren't cold in the winter. Maybe they were in the old days perhaps. Windows will scratch pretty easily though so no ice scraper on those!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So... I've been a MIC holdout, but recently I'm considering the soft top option from the factory for one reason. Until we've seen the 2.0 MIC top and people have had them for a period of time, I'll be leery of the quality. I think the aftermarket hard top option that will eventually be available, might be my best option in a couple years.

My concerns with soft top are the same as yours. Chicago/N. Illinois winters can be harsh, but then I realized we rarely have snow events over 8" at a time. If we do, it'd be very easy to brush the snow off a couple times during the event. I'm really not worried about the weight. Plus... mine will be a garage princess during the winter. LOL.

The ease of use of the soft top is really intriguing for me. I'm not worried about cold weather and cabin temps. I like it cool.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve owned soft top YJs, TJs, JKs and Mustangs and I have never once had a concern with snow or cold. All of which sat out side for winters. This was in Chicago and now the last decade in north central Wisconsin.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So... I've been a MIC holdout, but recently I'm considering the soft top option from the factory for one reason. Until we've seen the 2.0 MIC top and people have had them for a period of time, I'll be leery of the quality. I think the aftermarket hard top option that will eventually be available, might be my best option in a couple years.

My concerns with soft top are the same as yours. Chicago/N. Illinois winters can be harsh, but then I realized we rarely have snow events over 8" at a time. If we do, it'd be very easy to brush the snow off a couple times during the event. I'm really not worried about the weight. Plus... mine will be a garage princess during the winter. LOL.

The ease of use of the soft top is really intriguing for me. I'm not worried about cold weather and cabin temps. I like it cool.
I was so dead set on the mod top that I never considered the soft top for a second.

Then when Ford forced my hand (taking away the mod top for 2 years!), I entertained the idea of a soft top and it was a no brainer. The allure of a convertible is enticing for sure. So I switched and now I can't imagine why I was so Gung ho on hard top to begin with. Perhaps for looks. The look of the overland Bronco was so striking that it's hard to see anything different. But taking a step back helps to see things logically. I'm going to get so much use out of the soft top

Then 2 years from now, if I am still jones'in for it... I can buy that mod top with my Ford points, hard earned dollar, and soft top prep kit

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just be patient and wait for the hard top. The bottom line is, regardless if it is snow or sun, these soft tops eventually require replacement. Unless you only keep vehicles for a short period of time, you will have a faded, chaffed , torn or in need of a linkage adjustment soft top. Just my two cents.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs