First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything outside of taxes, delivery and the car is pure profit lol.
Doc fees, although I agree they are pure profit, aren’t negotiable in some states. In AZ the doc fee has to be consistent for all deals at a given dealership to avoid potential lawsuits. The dealership sets their fee (usually between $400 and $700), if the doc fees aren’t consistent on every deal the dealership could be sued and may have to refund the rest of their deals to a lower amount.

I worked in the dealership industry at a consultant for 14 years. Doc fees are supposed to cover the army of people in the business office doing paperwork, the valets and detailers, etc. I agree with whoever will chime in that those are the costs of doing business, but at this point that is the justification for the doc fee. When negotiating I recommend not chasing the doc fee, find your pound of flesh elsewhere.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those who financed... Rate and term, please?
Our Canadian B&P still shows 5.99% for 84 months.
A new F150 is 2.49% and an Explorer is 2.99% for 84 months.
If I'm financing $75K,id rather have something better than 5.99% APR

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could definitely see some dealers pulling a "Draft day" at the time of delivery LOL.

ca945d29-934e-4a3c-a353-b1ceb2314a5f_text.gif

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my dealer's doc fee is $989 + mandatory $899 pinstriping
That is pretty rapey. That sounds like something they would do in Florida, where the dealership lobby in the state legislature is very strong. Can you just pay for the damn pinstripes and not have them ruin the truck with them?

Sponsored

Lilmule

Base
First Name
Dan Follett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx, 2001 Jeep xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
I built my Bronco online and sent the dealer screenshots of the build and associated costs. I also asked them what (if any) fees they charged. They told me just a $700 dealer handing fee. This is all documented in emails.

I don’t have a signed invoice so I’m not sure what Kind of fees they will try to add when it’s delivered. It would be nice if price protection prevented dealers from adding fees after the price is negotiated and agreed-upon.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Other than than taxes, tag, and title... My Bronco was $47,953, which is below MSRP of $48,765, but over the invoice price of $46,981. I am working on getting proof of better deals (which some dealerships appear to be offering). Once I have that, they have a low price guarantee which if honored, should save me a few more dollars. For example, $1000 under invoice would probably net a refund just under $2,000.

Financing was 2.19% through USAA (72 months iirc).

Last edited:

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just told by Lithia Ford in Fresno California that they will be adding a $5999 ADM to the MSRP of all reservation holders. Boo this dealership.
Ford Bronco Actual Price Paid after Taking Delivery of your 2021 Bronco 20210708_102006
Total bull#@$#. Ford is about to lose so many customers over this. For those of us who have waited over a year, if they allow dealerships to do this without ramification, I will not only walk away from the dealership, but I will walk away from Ford forever. They had an opportunity to get lifetime customers, but it slowly fading.

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well not sure the financial portion as my rig isn’t even in the MAP womb yet but it has cost me anxiety and stress so far…just playing the waiting game

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Total bull#@$#. Ford is about to lose so many customers over this. For those of us who have waited over a year, if they allow dealerships to do this without ramification, I will not only walk away from the dealership, but I will walk away from Ford forever. They had an opportunity to get lifetime customers, but it slowly fading.
They're about to lose an already lifelong Ford customer coming from generations of Ford buyers. My great great grandparents bought a 1928 Model A new off the lot, been Fords in the driveways ever since. Their communication throughout this deal, lack of organization throughout, threat of ADM, changed dealers once due to zero bronco knowledge and the one I switched to doesn'tknow much more...........about to tell them to pis up a rope.

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd tell them to pack sand
I did not order from them, thank god! I noticed a few dealership on the list of ones not adding any ADM that were "unknown". So I thought I would start emailing some of them for some answers. Don't shop at Lithia Ford in Fresno.
Sponsored