Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is an off/on button for Lane Keep Assist typically on one of the levers on the left side. Sorry, my Bronco is about 24-48 hours from delivery so I can't be sure.. but thats where it is on my Ranger. If its turned off, it won't do anything.. even if cranked up in the settings screen.
haha, well, thank you, I guess I should finish reading that damn manual, LOL. I figured it would be on by default but nothing ever happened, never looked at that button. Maybe I pressed it by accident too, who knows, but it was set to off, so thanks and duh, LOL. I'm rarely on the freeway so always forgot to investigate further until this thread. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Hope you get your Bronco soon and have fun with it!
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
haha, well, thank you, I guess I should finish reading that damn manual, LOL. I figured it would be on by default but nothing ever happened, never looked at that button. Maybe I pressed it by accident too, who knows, but it was set to off, so thanks and duh, LOL. I'm rarely on the freeway so always forgot to investigate further until this thread. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Hope you get your Bronco soon and have fun with it!
Always happy to help where I can. Keeps the boredom at bay waiting for this blasted vehicle!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Speed control is excellent. No issues there. You'll be able to relax on the freeway no problem.

Bronco does not have stop & go. It will slow down to a certain point, but after that, you're on your own.

Bronco also does not have 'lane centering'. What it does have is 'lane keep assist' (pretty sure I got those right), which means it will bounce you back into the lane if you stray, but it's not going to keep you centered like a Tesla/Audi/Mach-E.

The difference is quite obvious when driving. My Audi with its predictive driving will keep me centered and autonomous even while going around corners/bends in road. The Lane-keep assist will let you drive right off that cliff and not even feel bad about it. Only expect it to handle slight adjustments.

Its no automated driving equipped vehicle. Just enough brains to make road trips a little more relaxing, essentially.
Yeah, I'm disappointed it doesn't have stop and go and lane centering. But I guess even "regular" Acc will be an upgrade over the nothing/dumb cc I have now.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I'm disappointed it doesn't have stop and go and lane centering. But I guess even "regular" Acc will be an upgrade over the nothing/dumb cc I have now.
The Ford Escape is cheap compared to Bronco and it has it. I'm honestly curious if it's related to the Sasquatch package. Much harder to move big ole tires. However, I think the Raptor does and it can have 37s. Hmm.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sure would be interesting to hear the official reasoning, since it's on the Raptor. Cost? Some other mechanical/safety/whoknows issues. It's a bit disappointing, but since I rarely use these things except on long road trips, I'll survive. And it's probably not something that can be added via just a software update. Kind of strange.

Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats really disappointing that it doesn't have low speed or stop and go. Even the cheap economy Hyundai Kona rental I had has stop and go ACC. That was one of the main reasons I switched to the Lux because I thought it had that. I have a VIN now so I can't switch back to high.

I really hope Forscan will allow us to enable stop and go.

Sanner

Wildtrak
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have ACC in our Escape… at first I was like “whatever” now, it’s one of my favorite features and no matter the cost had to have it on the Bronco. We travel a lot of 2 lane roads… 45 and 55 mph… and heavy traffic. It’s super nice to get in the heavy traffic and set the sucker at about 90 and just hook up with the cars around you. I’m not 100% dependent on it, but do like the “extra set of eyes “ on the road… it’s super helpful when the bunched up traffic suddenly slows… it reacts much quicker than this old fella!

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Crash avoidance is achieved through the IPMA which is the little camera installed in all Bronco windshields next to the mirror. It visually determines if there is a need to engage emergency actions to avoid a crash
That is my understanding as well... though I have never seen a Ford official answer. We have a few F150s with AEB, but they definitely don't have ACC boxes... They DO have cameras in the windshield

hunterg54

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not limited. I shift the MT effortlessly while ACC is on. As a manual guy, no throttle for shifting with ACC is pretty darn nice. Usually I set it in 5th for hills and sometimes 4th for a min or two on steep grades so ACC can do it’s thing.

Lane keeping is useless but ACC with a manual is nice.
Is your bronco a base? If so I didn't know a base MT would have ACC.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just figured out that it DOES have lane centering "assist"- It is turned off by default, only the warning (shake of wheel) is active on delivery. It does correct on the wheel on my FE (lux package)

There are more complete systems out there... but I am easily impressed. This is my first vehicle with Bluetooth..

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just figured out that it DOES have lane centering "assist"- It is turned off by default, only the warning (shake of wheel) is active on delivery. It does correct on the wheel on my FE (lux package)

There are more complete systems out there... but I am easily impressed. This is my first vehicle with Bluetooth..
It does NOT have lane centering. It has an ancient piece of software called lane KEEP assist. Lane keep will just bounce you around between the lines, and in no way can be confused with the modern lane centering which we did not get.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It does NOT have lane centering. It has an ancient piece of software called lane KEEP assist. Lane keep will just bounce you around between the lines, and in no way can be confused with the modern lane centering which we did not get.
Understood- just noting that the lane assist is not turned on by default..

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Understood- just noting that the lane assist is not turned on by default..
Ah, yes you have to enable the bounce. You will turn it back off soon lol.
Sponsored