First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had my bronco ordered for a while, but it'll likely still be a long wait still.

Lately I have started to look at some vehicles that have assisted driving functionality, such as the Mustang Mach-E or Tesla. I'm curious what the quality of the adaptive cruise control is on the bronco. Has anyone with the lux package tested the speed control on highway roads? What about stop & go traffic?

I know that the bronco has lane keeping assist, so it won't center you in the lane. I'm mostly curious on how the bronco handles stop & go traffic.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have had my bronco ordered for a while, but it'll likely still be a long wait still.

Lately I have started to look at some vehicles that have assisted driving functionality, such as the Mustang Mach-E or Tesla. I'm curious what the quality of the adaptive cruise control is on the bronco. Has anyone with the lux package tested the speed control on highway roads? What about stop & go traffic?

I know that the bronco has lane keeping assist, so it won't center you in the lane. I'm mostly curious on how the bronco handles stop & go traffic.
I’m 75% sure I read on here it does not have stop/go.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Speed control is excellent. No issues there. You'll be able to relax on the freeway no problem.

Bronco does not have stop & go. It will slow down to a certain point, but after that, you're on your own.

Bronco also does not have 'lane centering'. What it does have is 'lane keep assist' (pretty sure I got those right), which means it will bounce you back into the lane if you stray, but it's not going to keep you centered like a Tesla/Audi/Mach-E.

The difference is quite obvious when driving. My Audi with its predictive driving will keep me centered and autonomous even while going around corners/bends in road. The Lane-keep assist will let you drive right off that cliff and not even feel bad about it. Only expect it to handle slight adjustments.

Its no automated driving equipped vehicle. Just enough brains to make road trips a little more relaxing, essentially.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bronco has the ancient version of ACC, not the modern stop and go other fords have now. The lane keep is frustratingly useless as well, again not the modern lane centering other top tier Fords get.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not yet had a chance to test the ACC, the lane keep assist on the other hand is either not working or completely worthless, it does exactly nothing, no matter what I set it to. No warning, nothing on the display, drives like my 18 year old Taco, and I tried to trigger it on empty parts of the freeway. I'll test some more, maybe the lane markers were just too crappy in that area, otherwise it's one of the very few things I'm gonna have them look at. Collision warning so far also only shows a warning on the dash, but no warnings otherwise, alarms or vibrations. Of course I'm NOT gonna test that any further, LOL.

It's a bit of a bummer that Ford decided to put the older tech in these kind of flagship machines, but I rarely have to deal with stop and go traffic myself and don't plan to go back to that life, so ACC on road trips is really all I'll ever need.

If anyone has a clue why I don't get any warnings for lane keep, LMK, as far as I can tell everything is on and activated in the menu.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please tell me the base doesn’t have any of that crap I’m still reading the owners manual and I’m like holy crap!!!
Still trying to find out if it has a radar sensor on the base or not because I think I’m gonna put my license plate there.
On the inside mounted
to the little plastic bastard box

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also curious how ACC works with the manual.

Stop and go not being available for the automatic, lack of lane centering, and the limited ACC for the manual (I'm guessing), the Lux price seems high for what we're getting in exchange.
Not limited. I shift the MT effortlessly while ACC is on. As a manual guy, no throttle for shifting with ACC is pretty darn nice. Usually I set it in 5th for hills and sometimes 4th for a min or two on steep grades so ACC can do it’s thing.

Lane keeping is useless but ACC with a manual is nice.

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not limited. I shift the MT effortlessly while ACC is on. As a manual guy, no throttle for shifting with ACC is pretty darn nice. Usually I set it in 5th for hills and sometimes 4th for a min or two on steep grades so ACC can do it’s thing.

Nice to hear. That is pretty sweet.

Sponsored

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ACC works great in regular traffic and freeway speeds, but it shuts off when you get down into the single digits or might even be under 15 MPH in stop & go traffic. I've used it anywhere from 30 to 80 and works great at each of the 4 different distance settings. If you're only doing 65 and a car changes lanes and cuts in front of you the system won't even brake as long as that car cutting in is going faster than you. If they're going the same speed or slower, the Bronco automatically breaks until you reach the appropriate distance setting. Cools stuff so far and little easier to relax on the road and just focus on steering. Need a solution to allow a front winch though.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have not yet had a chance to test the ACC, the lane keep assist on the other hand is either not working or completely worthless, it does exactly nothing, no matter what I set it to. No warning, nothing on the display, drives like my 18 year old Taco, and I tried to trigger it on empty parts of the freeway. I'll test some more, maybe the lane markers were just too crappy in that area, otherwise it's one of the very few things I'm gonna have them look at. Collision warning so far also only shows a warning on the dash, but no warnings otherwise, alarms or vibrations. Of course I'm NOT gonna test that any further, LOL.

It's a bit of a bummer that Ford decided to put the older tech in these kind of flagship machines, but I rarely have to deal with stop and go traffic myself and don't plan to go back to that life, so ACC on road trips is really all I'll ever need.

If anyone has a clue why I don't get any warnings for lane keep, LMK, as far as I can tell everything is on and activated in the menu.
There is an off/on button for Lane Keep Assist typically on one of the levers on the left side. Sorry, my Bronco is about 24-48 hours from delivery so I can't be sure.. but thats where it is on my Ranger. If its turned off, it won't do anything.. even if cranked up in the settings screen.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are no sensors in that box on vehicles without the Lux package.
How does it do the crash avoidance without a sensor?!?

Just asking for a friend.

Also, until a little ForScan exploration goes on, it's unclear how much functionality can be derived from the ACC and other driver aids.

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad to hear first-hand reports of ACC *not* sucking with a manual.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I don’t like about ACC so far is when you try to overtake. I signal to switch into the fast lane and it doesn’t start accelerating until I’m totally clear of the slower car. At that point I’m doing 10mph slower than I need to be and it hasn’t even applied the throttle yet. Better off hitting the gas yourself.
Sponsored