Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Any particular dislikes?
Haven't even had it out of the garage with it yet, but at this point, No. Beautifully done! I like that all sensors fit perfectly, and license plate is in factory spot. Like it a lot!🙂

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Any particular dislikes?
One caviat being, I went out and specifically bought a metric set of hex 3/8 sockets for the number 8 that is supposed to work on the two button head screws and it is too big and a 7 is too small!🤬 I did also raise the bumper about 1/2" since the pictures. Back to the store tomorrow for the correct hex bit.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great, any issues with the sensors?
I’ve got a ADD stealth fighter rear bumper and can’t find a sensor that will work with their cut outs. The Lux Badlands sensors didn’t fit, the plastic bumper ones didn’t fit but I’ve got them held in with RTV. They haven’t worked since I put the bumper on.

Sponsored

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.apollo-optics.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak | 2021 GT500 | 2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven't even had it out of the garage with it yet, but at this point, No. Beautifully done! I like that all sensors fit perfectly, and license plate is in factory spot. Like it a lot!🙂
Ended up being a 5/16 hex for the two button head bolts. And now that I've taken it out for a drive for some reason my backup sensors go off every time I'm in reverse even though there's nothing behind me don't know what the hell that's all about. 🫤

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ended up being a 5/16 hex for the two button head bolts. And now that I've taken it out for a drive for some reason my backup sensors go off every time I'm in reverse even though there's nothing behind me don't know what the hell that's all about. 🫤
Let us know. For some reason, it seems everyone has a problem with these dang sensors after a bumper swap, no matter what brand bumper.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let us know. For some reason, it seems everyone has a problem with these dang sensors after a bumper swap, no matter what brand bumper.
When I got home, I backed up several times in the driveway and it seems to be working fine.🤔 When I was out and stopped at a few places, every time I put it in reverse the damn sensors would beep with nothing behind me. I made sure they were clean, but didn't help. I will have to see what happens next. 🫤

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sensors are still Wonky. Sometimes seem to be working fine, next time , they go off with nothing around. Frustrating. Can't bring to dealership. They will say I F'd it up with the new bumper.🫤

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sensors are still Wonky. Sometimes seem to be working fine, next time , they go off with nothing around. Frustrating. Can't bring to dealership. They will say I F'd it up with the new bumper.🫤
Dang, that’s frustrating and my worry too. Best of luck. Hope you figure it out.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got a ADD stealth fighter rear bumper and can’t find a sensor that will work with their cut outs. The Lux Badlands sensors didn’t fit, the plastic bumper ones didn’t fit but I’ve got them held in with RTV. They haven’t worked since I put the bumper on.
i just installed mine and it was a pain with the lux badland sensors.

At first, I thought I had labeled them wrong. I finally just decided I’ll have to make them work. I had to trim a few of the tabs so they would fit flush and then epoxy. Those white locking brackets on the end sensors would not work at all.

At first I had nothing, I went back and messed with the connections on both sides. I had the hardest time getting both to seat and lock.

I’m going to have to go back and see if I can get a few of them back flush. Putting it on, I got a few poking our some. Everything seems to be working fine now.
Ford Bronco ADD Rock Fighter rear bumper installed IMG_1077

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i just installed mine and it was a pain with the lux badland sensors.

At first, I thought I had labeled them wrong. I finally just decided I’ll have to make them work. I had to trim a few of the tabs so they would fit flush and then epoxy. Those white locking brackets on the end sensors would not work at all.

At first I had nothing, I went back and messed with the connections on both sides. I had the hardest time getting both to seat and lock.

I’m going to have to go back and see if I can get a few of them back flush. Putting it on, I got a few poking our some. Everything seems to be working fine now.
Ford Bronco ADD Rock Fighter rear bumper installed IMG_1077
🤔 I didn't see to have a big problem installing the sensors, but since I did the install, sometimes the back up sensors go off when in reverse when nothing is there. Doesn't happen all the time. Can't figure out why. Frustrating.🫤

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The sensors where by far the biggest pain, for me it was the far corner sensors with very little room to work. I probably spent more time trying to get these two sensors on than getting the bumper on.

I can understand why the ADD instructions are so simple, there is not much to this, but they could do a better job with their pictures and man, why not make a video for these damn sensors which really was the time suck.

I should also share getting the sensor plug back on, what a waste of time. Save yourself some pain and use some silicon grease on the male side of the connector and it will instantly plug back in.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the design. Except for that stupid logo carved into it.

But, sadly, that seems to be the thing these days. So the decision comes down to - not so much about trying to find a non-narcissistic manufacturer - but to find the least narcissistic one with the easiest to cover advertising.
Sponsored