First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco big bend/2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for pointers. I've already replaced my 6 factory speakers on my 4 door big bend and would like to add a amp and sub, or powered sub. Would like information on what line output converter or other options people have used and if possible pictures of where to tie into the harness.
Sponsored

Cybindustries1904

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Raptor, Mach E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used kicker key amps for mine.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went with the kicker 47key500.1. Has LOC built in. Working on install now and I’m hoping to have it done next week sometime.

bluford

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just tied into the lead speaker wires from the radio at the kick panel speakers, then ran the wires back to my amp and connected to high level inputs. You can use a high-low level convertor to attach RCA cables to the low level inputs on amp if needed or preferred.

Kick panel speakers lead wires.....Driver side: Blue is positive, Grey/Brown is negative. Passenger: Yellow/orange is positive, Green/Brown is negative

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bryanm

Bryanm

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are folks that are really close to unlocking the signal to the rear pods. Forscan has a couple settings, and then the real fix sounds to be the JBL flash even if you don't have the actual sound bar.

Doing this would allow you to tap off the rear signal instead of having to run wires to the front (thus keeping your front to rear fade working).

cyclonend

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are folks that are really close to unlocking the signal to the rear pods. Forscan has a couple settings, and then the real fix sounds to be the JBL flash even if you don't have the actual sound bar.

Doing this would allow you to tap off the rear signal instead of having to run wires to the front (thus keeping your front to rear fade working).
I have seen a few post that the JBL soundbar is not working in the MY22s. I am guessing it is the flash that is broke.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have seen a few post that the JBL soundbar is not working in the MY22s. I am guessing it is the flash that is broke.
Yeah, that's a bummer as well that I'm waiting to hear more about. One thing that was recently discovered was that the JBL flash can appear to do nothing if you leave in the stock rear speakers because of their filters.

All I can say is WTFF (that last F is for Ford... You can figure out the first part :) )

OP
OP
Bryanm

Bryanm

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just tied into the lead speaker wires from the radio at the kick panel speakers, then ran the wires back to my amp and connected to high level inputs. You can use a high-low level convertor to attach RCA cables to the low level inputs on amp if needed or preferred.

Kick panel speakers lead wires.....Driver side: Blue is positive, Grey/Brown is negative. Passenger: Yellow/orange is positive, Green/Brown is negative
Did you tap into the speakers at each kick panel speaker or from the loom at the bottom of the head unit behind the climate controls?

Sponsored

bluford

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you tap into the speakers at each kick panel speaker or from the loom at the bottom of the head unit behind the climate controls?
I tapped in at each of the kick panel speakers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking for pointers. I've already replaced my 6 factory speakers on my 4 door big bend and would like to add a amp and sub, or powered sub. Would like information on what line output converter or other options people have used and if possible pictures of where to tie into the harness.
I had great success with kicker hideaway. Very pleased. Tapped kick panel speakers

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I popped one of these in. Got the harness kit #1 from plug n play kits.com
I was leery on it because of the low price but it sounds great and takes up very little room.
Ford Bronco Adding a amp or powered subwoofer 542F8576-E745-4CB2-9FEB-65251D813263
Sponsored