First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Tricky Dick @Sven i haven’t had a chance to use mine but for the heck of it, I went out and jumped up and down on them, specifically the outside of the step. I noticed some flex at the body. Curious if either of you are seeing this. It’s not much, but I noticed it.
Same as Tricky Dick but not enough for me to worry about...yet.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would say a larger bracket would help spread the load better to the sheet metal. I just pulled my modified sliders and nothing was tweaked after slamming them on rocks but I do have a few nice gouges in the steel. As much as I like my modified rails I want to protect the lines/harness on the outside of the frame rails and think I will eventual move to frame mounted sliders/boat side skid plates.

I am still shocked no one has come out with a Bronco specific weld on kit.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say a larger bracket would help spread the load better to the sheet metal. I just pulled my modified sliders and nothing was tweaked after slamming them on rocks but I do have a few nice gouges in the steel. As much as I like my modified rails I want to protect the lines/harness on the outside of the frame rails and think I will eventual move to frame mounted sliders/boat side skid plates.

I am still shocked no one has come out with a Bronco specific weld on kit.
I think I'll eventually move to a frame mounted slider as well. This is more of an inexpensive mild duty solution.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I'll eventually move to a frame mounted slider as well. This is more of an inexpensive mild duty solution.
$200 for used rock rails, $100 Steel and 4 hours, I am super pleased with my square tubing sliders. Really anything is better than the factory pinch seem from a cosmetic perspective.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.