Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

RCI sliders came in, they are BEEFY!
Ford Bronco Next Venture Motorsports and rock rails/sliders 20231202_115736

Packaging was not the greatest but so far looks fine. Will inspect better before install. Which may or may nit happen this weekend.
Still waiting in the skids.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Packaging was not the greatest but so far looks fine. Will inspect better before install. Which may or may nit happen this weekend.
RCI doesn't believe in packaging it up all that well... I guess maybe they're like, they're steel, what's the worse that could happen? đź‘€

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2) I saw one post of someone claiming NVM sliders bending/body bending... Frankly I don't see this as plausible. I really believe if that was the case, frame mounted sliders would have tweaked up as well. NVM sliders have much more substantial brackets and they have far more surface area underneath the body than the stock sliders. I would really like to see pictures of the bent NVM sliders. I am sure there are plenty of decent options for sliders... but I trust the mounting on the NVM sliders as I have dragged them through 7-8 trails in Sand Hollow, been to Moab and I have messed around a bit here in Washington.
I was going to link to the Exodus video, which in all fairness doesn't show body damage, just that the doors won't open because they bent upwards. I would simply say, never say never. On the other hand, I'm sure they'll take a whoopin' and not bend much, but that's a pretty price to pay.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was going to link to the Exodus video, which in all fairness doesn't show body damage, just that the doors won't open because they bent upwards. I would simply say, never say never. On the other hand, I'm sure they'll take a whoopin' and not bend much, but that's a pretty price to pay.
I would like to see more photos and make a comment- I don’t think the sliders themselves bent, I think it is probably something to do with the mount/slider connection. Did the body bend? Did the sliders separate from the mount? Was the hardware tight/bent?

I would also say that I had one of the first sets of sliders that NVM made, I had to have mine remade as the first set was removed from the jig too early and was warped which reduced the door clearance to a fraction of an inch on the passenger side and brand new it interfered with with drivers side. I know that they have both changed the design a bit to allow 3/4” of clearance and they have instituted a better procedure to keep things in the jig/cool off more evenly. I am guessing that the Exodus sliders might have has a head start towards door interference.

They also recommend drilling additional holes for mounting, it’s unclear if the Exodus install did those optional bolts.

The slider portion of slider is essentially the same as their jeep versions, I haven’t seen any complaints.

I am glad we are having this discussion.

I am not an engineer, just have seen rockslide engineering, frame mounted and the NVM sliders. I believe that if something bent the mounts of the NVM sliders, that anything frame mounted (which in my mind has a large lever effect) would have suffered as similar fate. Nothing is perfect

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to see more photos and make a comment- I don’t think the sliders themselves bent, I think it is probably something to do with the mount/slider connection. Did the body bend? Did the sliders separate from the mount? Was the hardware tight/bent?

I would also say that I had one of the first sets of sliders that NVM made, I had to have mine remade as the first set was removed from the jig too early and was warped which reduced the door clearance to a fraction of an inch on the passenger side and brand new it interfered with with drivers side. I know that they have both changed the design a bit to allow 3/4” of clearance and they have instituted a better procedure to keep things in the jig/cool off more evenly. I am guessing that the Exodus sliders might have has a head start towards door interference.

They also recommend drilling additional holes for mounting, it’s unclear if the Exodus install did those optional bolts.

The slider portion of slider is essentially the same as their jeep versions, I haven’t seen any complaints.

I am not an engineer, just have seen rockslide engineering, frame mounted and the NVM sliders. I believe that if something bent the mounts of the NVM sliders, that anything frame mounted (which in my mind has a large lever effect) would have suffered as similar fate. Nothing is perfect
He talks about how they're pre-production, and I've understood NVM made some changes over the summer. I couldn't tell you, it's not like he's making a big deal out of it. If they work for you, that's good to hear. Not many people will pay that much for sliders, so hearing positive feedback after real world use is useful. It just seemed like there in the late summer I had heard from people who had them that they had issues with them bending. I assume I'm the one you referred to.

I'll also say Wolf Caves is legit gnarly, you can't avoid banging and scraping out there. That's where I want to be my own proving ground, so whatever I get needs to survive Wolf Caves (non-buggy stunts) and I don't want body damage. I also have the NVM rear shock skids and diff skid.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Those look fantastic. Keep us in the loop regarding fitup when the skids finally arrive. I think my discount ARB sliders will arrive Tuesday, but I don’t anticipate my skids until, hell, spring? lol. I don’t even know.

DoubleK

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

Whether the slider themselves or the body mounts are bending, thats a big issue. I have not seen pictures or video showing which is the culprit. NVM's frame mounted Jeep sliders have proven to be about bomb proof, so I'm a little stumped on why they chose to go with tieing into the factory mounts.

The frame is stronger than any portion of the body sub-structure of the vehicle. I know i'm not the only person who has put a jack on a similar portion of the body ( on a different vehicle, granted) and seen how easily it bends and deforms.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, i got notification that a packing slip has been created!!!! How long will UPS take from CO to NJ🤔

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, i got notification that a packing slip has been created!!!! How long will UPS take from CO to NJ🤔
Apparently 7 days, deliver the 13th.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes together for you as I wait patiently for mine. Did you mention when you originally ordered them?

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice. Looking forward to hearing how it all goes together for you as I wait patiently for mine. Did you mention when you originally ordered them?
August 30th, but my understanding it took an extra couple of weeks because of a missing piece of UHMW🤷‍♂️

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Delivery came a day early!!!
Ford Bronco Next Venture Motorsports and rock rails/sliders 1000025280

BUT..... found a leak dripping off bellhousing over the weekend so have an appointment next week at the dealer. So they go on top of the rock sliders untill she comes back from the dealer

OP
OP

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fantastic! Congratulations. Early is always better than late!

OP
OP

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any updates? I’m anxiously waiting to hear how the RCI sliders and NVM skids interface:).
Sponsored