Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other than a different roof panel setup and a rear wiper, is there really that big of a difference between the two? :unsure:
Not really, if they haven’t said anything in a few weeks and I could get the TOR in a month. I wouldn’t hesitate.
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One top for me (without a panel). No rear wiper and defrost, and the most important thing (but hard to compare based on photos only) the black finish.
Are they not both a black finish? Slightly different texture I suppose. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Other than a different roof panel setup and a rear wiper, is there really that big of a difference between the two? :unsure:
My main points of contention with the TOR:

To me these look cheap/lower quality:
Interior seams and edges
The damned carpet
Hardware latches
Flat rear window
Exterior finish (to me looks like textured rattle can)

I totally give props for their ability to swoop in and corner the market after ADV has seemingly dropped the ball. But, it looks like at a cost to level of craftsmanship and design. I have faith that they’ll continue to put out quality options and revise make changes and variants. From a business stand-point this version is going to launch their business and I’m sure it’s totally sufficient for most. But, if I’m dropping $4k+ it’s gotta be premium.

I’m currently shopping bed toppers for the Ranger and there are fiberglass options that range from classic to modern and then there is SmartCap which I understand isn’t fiberglass - but, the quality is premium for the cost.

Also, I dunno if it’s just the lens people are using or what - but every image I’ve seen of the side view - the rear slope/slant doesn’t match the glass line and it irks me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interior seams and edges
The damned carpet
Hardware latches
Flat rear window

I totally give props for their ability to swoop in and corner the market after ADV has seemingly dropped the ball. But, it looks like at a cost to level of craftsmanship and design. I have faith that they’ll continue to put out quality options and revise make changes and variants. From a business stand-point this version is going to launch their business and I’m sure it’s totally sufficient for most. But, if I’m dropping $4k+ it’s gotta be premium.

I’m currently shopping bed toppers for the Ranger and there are fiberglass options that range from classic to modern and then there is SmartCap which I understand isn’t fiberglass - but, the quality is premium for the cost.

Also, I dunno if it’s just the lens people are using or what - but every image I’ve seen of the side view - the rear slope/slant doesn’t match the glass line and it irks me.
Yep all my points + a one-piece top for me. So let's hope and wait :D

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Interior seams and edges
The damned carpet
Hardware latches
Flat rear window

I've noticed that difference in the slant/glass line too, and hoped it was just an optical illusion. Looking again at the photos on TOR's site, I think that's just the way it is though...

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But, if I’m dropping $4k+ it’s gotta be premium.
Gonna have to drop $6k plus unfortunately.

Edit: Here are the actual prices. Not bagging on ADV or anyone just posting this for those on the fence trying to decide. These are the actual costs for essentially apples to apples. Is ADV higher quality? Maybe but nobody has one. And if it is, is it worth $2,147.85 more?

ADV: $7k plus at a minimum. I checked my 2/28/22 ADV minute 0 order and it was $7,027.43. That was only the top w/headliner and delivery and their limited warranty. I didn't want wiper assembly and such. It could only be cheaper by going one piece (-$500) and no headliner (-$575) but that is no longer apples to apples.

TOR: Out the door to my house $4879.58. Same specs almost exactly other than two piece vs once piece panel. Headliner and no wiper assembly. Lifetime warranty.

Keep in mind you could save a little by picking up your tops. I know ADV charges for that, not sure about TOR. ADV shipping was 2x the $$$ of TOR and you will have to assemble it yourself. My shipping experience with TOR was that my top was picked up by the carrier on Thursday afternoon. It arrived at the local hub the next morning! I could have had it within 24 hrs. had I answered my phone but I got it on Monday instead. That's all I got. More food for thought.

Last edited:

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aside from the foam core, there is one main difference..

One actually exists in a finished product form and has been delivered to a paying customer.

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a SCAM! Get your refunds while you can. These guys are a JOKE. Already have confirmed date from Anderson composites after getting my refund and thrilled to get it sooner and for less money with more features. More importantly peace of mind it might actually ship! 😄
Anderson is quoting 28-32 weeks, how accurate do you think that is? it would be nice to have a top in hand for winter of 24/25 which means I may have to place a bet now.
does anderson require full payment up front? or can you do a deposit? do we know if anderson is completely manufacturing in the US? China? elsewhere?
what other tops did you consider? and why Anderson over those?

Brave Man

Heritage
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Anderson is quoting 28-32 weeks, how accurate do you think that is? it would be nice to have a top in hand for winter of 24/25 which means I may have to place a bet now.
does anderson require full payment up front? or can you do a deposit? do we know if anderson is completely manufacturing in the US? China? elsewhere?
what other tops did you consider? and why Anderson over those?
with Anderson you pay the dealer and they procure the top from AC. Each dealer may have different policies, mine (Colorado Bronco Upfitters) asked for an upfront deposit with the balance paid upon installation (they did the install for me).
I paid roughly a 50% deposit but they were very flexible and I chose the 50 % so that I can get some of the top paid for as soon as I could and not have a $7,000 payment all at once.
As far as I know Anderson's top is manufactured in the USA, their lead time was about 24 weeks for me (ordered April 18th, delivered to Colorado Bronco Upfitters in late August, installed September 1st), but it may have gone up since then with more orders.
I am very happy with the product and my dealings with both AC who gave me timely updates on progress/delivery status when I called and the service from Colorado Bronco Upfitters.
Sponsored