First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
IMO: Those that complain about noise levels with the MIC bought the wrong vehicle. It’s a removable top for chrissakes. After driving around with a soft top for 18 months - the MIC is a huge improvement. If ADV is better than that - then, hats off. Because I have zero qualms with the MIC in terms of cabin noise.
Sponsored

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
IMO: Those that complain about noise levels with the MIC bought the wrong vehicle. It’s a removable top for chrissakes. After driving around with a soft top for 18 months - the MIC is a huge improvement. If ADV is better than that - then, hats off. Because I have zero qualms with the MIC in terms of cabin noise.
You are exactly right, if your coming from a soft top…, BUT if you are forking over that kind of money and you already own a MIC top that you like, one of the only reason left to buy this top is because it’s quieter

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I take umbrage with your statement in that I asked a technical question.

Slick85

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every time they post something all of you complain like a bunch of old women in a sewing circle. No wonder they have no plans for a 2 door hardtop.

True! The complainers should have bought Jeeps/4 Runners!

Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every time they post something all of you complain like a bunch of old women in a sewing circle. No wonder they have no plans for a 2 door hardtop.
but... isn't that why the internet exists?

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you work for Webasto?

Asking for a friend.
I was thinking someone on their team has to be banging his girl. 🤣

I don’t see from any angle how you could pitch the OEM top was remotely better. Every design has compromises. But, their choices look to be the best for strength, looks and quality.

Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s fine. You can put me down as a -1 for the 2 door version too. My money will be going to whichever company designs an aftermarket soft or hard top without the angled rear fastback window. Anybody else think those look dumb?

Feels like so many of the aftermarket accessories should just come with pre-installed Monster Energy stickers, and a free three-month subscription to a satellite radio service that plays exclusively Nickelback, Creed, and Buck Cherry.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s fine. You can put me down as a -1 for the 2 door version too. My money will be going to whichever company designs an aftermarket soft or hard top without the angled rear fastback window. Anybody else think those look dumb?
Think you are a minority on the ADV thread. This is literally a copy of the original. Not a fast back. There are other companies making those for your trolling pleasure. People voted way back when during ADVs early development phase and the slanted back following the original Broncos lines won overwhelmingly. This is how Ford should have made the top to stay in line with the retro theme. The OEM looks like a Nissan Cube or some other abomination. I do feel for the 2dr folks though.
Ford Bronco ADV vs OEM Hardtop Comparison 2C410ECE-56C9-44C7-B566-F49B37FC1DB1

Phillyspecial

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't plan to take off the panels at all so the one piece is completely fine for me... I also like the slight slant back compared to the more boxy OEM version.
Did you purchase it? I’m on the fence. Would like to hear your opinion if you’ve purchased it. Thanks

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Think you are a minority on the ADV thread. This is literally a copy of the original. Not a fast back. There are other companies making those for your trolling pleasure. People voted way back when during ADVs early development phase and the slanted back following the original Broncos lines won overwhelmingly. This is how Ford should have made the top to stay in line with the retro theme. The OEM looks like a Nissan Cube or some other abomination. I do feel for the 2dr folks though.
Ford Bronco ADV vs OEM Hardtop Comparison 2C410ECE-56C9-44C7-B566-F49B37FC1DB1
I can see the similarities between the ADV and the angle of the rear window on the original. And, I wasn’t aware ADV asked the community to select a style during pre-production, which I applaud. Maybe it is just the 4-door proportions that make it look gross. Seems like the side windows in the rear shell need to be longer to fit with the slanted back.

I will say, the ADV hardtop isn’t anywhere near as egregiously “brodozer” as the Bestop for the 2-door. Maybe I’ll go “troll” those folks.