Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Razorback any new updates on how the TOR top compares to the OEM MIC top now that you've been running both for a couple weeks now? Thank you.
I'm going to try and get readings on the OEM top today. Wife has been hosting training here in Dallas. It will be interesting to see the decibel. I know I hear more wind with OEM. But we'll see if it comes through on decibel and camera microphone.
Sponsored

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any of the Rockwerkx accessories, like the tie downs, that mount to those thumb bolts? You've got me considering these now for my TOR top. :unsure:

I'm assuming you recommend them... ? I don't plan on taking my hard top off much/ever, so they'd need to serve an additional purpose, other than just being easy on/off.
Hey folks,

If anyone is interested in ordering the @Rockworkx thumb bolts for the hard top, I reached out to them with a couple questions.

Instead of ordering the "Bronco" set, which comes with 8 bolts, they mentioned you can order any of the Jeep options, which are only 6 bolts - Same size and they work with the Bronco.

Also, they offer a discount code, which is 24BRONCO6G - Which gets you 10% off your purchase (y)

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey folks,

If anyone is interested in ordering the @Rockworkx thumb bolts for the hard top, I reached out to them with a couple questions.

Instead of ordering the "Bronco" set, which comes with 8 bolts, they mentioned you can order any of the Jeep options, which are only 6 bolts - Same size and they work with the Bronco.

Also, they offer a discount code, which is 24BRONCO6G - Which gets you 10% off your purchase (y)
Good to know.
Unfortunately for me, I ordered the Bronco set over a year ago, back when my ADV top was supposedly “on the way”.
Guess I just have a couple spares

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know.
Unfortunately for me, I ordered the Bronco set over a year ago, back when my ADV top was supposedly “on the way”.
Guess I just have a couple spares
Hey, I bet you're not alone with folks who have the "Bronco" set - If you all sold a pair of 2 in the Marketplace section, someone could score a set of 6 eventually 😁

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey, I bet you're not alone with folks who have the "Bronco" set - If you all sold a pair of 2 in the Marketplace section, someone could score a set of 6 eventually 😁
I’ve got all the tools that ADV recommended for installation of their top, plus a set of storage bags for the front 2 sections.
I should probably offer them up in the ADV thread. I’m sure I would get around to shipping them in a year or two…

Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm noticing that the sound while lower compared to my soft top, is overall different. I feel like I hear more of the tires and road from below and in the wheel wells. I may do some sound dampening mat in the future.
I definitely noticed more tire/road noise on my drive to work this morning. Still a much quieter ride overall.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely noticed more tire/road noise on my drive to work this morning. Still a much quieter ride overall.
lol I’ve been reading up on the sound deadening threads. Putting some of that mat in some key areas might be my next project

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We drove from Dallas to California to get the Turn Off-Road hardtop installed and take in all that King of the Hammers has to offer. It was actually a great test to get the hardtop out in Johnson Valley. We beat the bronco to death running the desert. We had to tighten some of the bolts in the back that bolt to the body, but other than that, it performed better than expected. As had been mentioned before, going from the soft top to the hardtop added a layer of rigidity to the overall feel of the Bronco. Now that we're back, I thought I would do a quick side by side video of the TOR vs OEM hardtop. I'll post a decibel video comparing the soft top, OEM hardtop and TOR Hardtop when I get time to record wife's WT.

You convinced me. I ordered mine yesterday. Looking at an October delivery date. Can’t wait.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like it's because you don't hear the wind and planes like before. The wind used to hide the road noise. This summer I planned on doing the floor sound deadening. If I can ever get around to putting together the comparison on wife's OEM top interior sound vs TOR it should be a good comparison. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...und-deadening-material-install-project.52145/
Sponsored