Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We drove from Dallas to California to get the Turn Off-Road hardtop installed and take in all that King of the Hammers has to offer. It was actually a great test to get the hardtop out in Johnson Valley. We beat the bronco to death running the desert. We had to tighten some of the bolts in the back that bolt to the body, but other than that, it performed better than expected. As had been mentioned before, going from the soft top to the hardtop added a layer of rigidity to the overall feel of the Bronco. Now that we're back, I thought I would do a quick side by side video of the TOR vs OEM hardtop. I'll post a decibel video comparing the soft top, OEM hardtop and TOR Hardtop when I get time to record wife's WT.

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like that this top exists—especially given the ADV fiasco—but honestly I don’t love the look of it at all. I prefer the MIC.

I think the TO top (and ADV one) looks funny with the slight slant back, and it’s also too low-profile; the Bronco is suited for a bigger, boxier top IMO.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait to check out your video - Regarding the bolts needing to be re-tightened: Any concerns with this? I'm a bit surprised to hear that, but you also seemed to be going through some intense paces with your Bronco too.

Turn Offroad

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We drove from Dallas to California to get the Turn Off-Road hardtop installed and take in all that King of the Hammers has to offer. It was actually a great test to get the hardtop out in Johnson Valley. We beat the bronco to death running the desert. We had to tighten some of the bolts in the back that bolt to the body, but other than that, it performed better than expected. As had been mentioned before, going from the soft top to the hardtop added a layer of rigidity to the overall feel of the Bronco. Now that we're back, I thought I would do a quick side by side video of the TOR vs OEM hardtop. I'll post a decibel video comparing the soft top, OEM hardtop and TOR Hardtop when I get time to record wife's WT.

Thanks for posting and thanks for choosing our top! It was great getting to meet you and I hope you had a good time at KOH!!

We certainly did!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't wait to check out your video - Regarding the bolts needing to be re-tightened: Any concerns with this? I'm a bit surprised to hear that, but you also seemed to be going through some intense paces with your Bronco too.
No real concern. It's not a TOR issue since it's the same OEM bolts that connect the top to the body. It may have been they weren't torqued down enough. Tightened then when I got home and no more issues. It actually sounds (or lack there of) more stable than OEM.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that this top exists—especially given the ADV fiasco—but honestly I don’t love the look of it at all. I prefer the MIC.

I think the TO top (and ADV one) looks funny with the slight slant back, and it’s also too low-profile; the Bronco is suited for a bigger, boxier top IMO.
I get it. Some like a sportier look and some like a more utilitarian look. Anderson will get the utilitarian customers and TOR and ADV will get the sportier customers. Either way there's probably more business to go around for everyone. I can say the TOR is more stable than wife's OEM hard top. You might want to give Anderson a look and see how it compares to OEM since it's a clone of OEM.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm just the opposite. I like the slant and think it would look even better on a 2D. Hopefully, TOR produces a 2D top down the road.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No real concern. It's not a TOR issue since it's the same OEM bolts that connect the top to the body. It may have been they weren't torqued down enough. Tightened then when I got home and no more issues. It actually sounds (or lack there of) more stable than OEM.
Just get some Rockworkx thumb screws and be done with those bronco bolts :)

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just the opposite. I like the slant and think it would look even better on a 2D. Hopefully, TOR produces a 2D top down the road.
A 2 door slant would be 🔥

Sponsored
OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just get some Rockworkx thumb screws and be done with those bronco bolts :)
Absolutely. I have them them wife's. They work great and easy to bungee things onto as well.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing @Razorback !

Maybe I'm the odd one out but I don't think the slant is that drastic over the slant of the OEM. Now if you look at the Armadillo top, that is a slant top lol.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing @Razorback !

Maybe I'm the odd one out but I don't think the slant is that drastic over the slant of the OEM. Now if you look at the Armadillo top, that is a slant top lol.
True. Infact until I backed mine and wife's together, I hadn't noticed the slight slant of the OEM. I feel ADV might have more of a slant than TOR. So it gives people more options to how much slant they want (once all companies are able to deliver). So I guess order of slant is OEM or Anderson, TOR, ADV, and then Armadillo.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get it. Some like a sportier look and some like a more utilitarian look. Anderson will get the utilitarian customers and TOR and ADV will get the sportier customers. Either way there's probably more business to go around for everyone. I can say the TOR is more stable than wife's OEM hard top. You might want to give Anderson a look and see how it compares to OEM since it's a clone of OEM.
I agree -- it's great to have options, and that also drives down prices for all of us. I have the MIC so I don't need to upgrade, but I was interested in the AC Top since it comes in white.

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don’t mind saying, how much did they charge for install? Also, does the soft top fit in the back of the 4 door after you put the hard top on.
Sponsored