Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is a picture of my wife's base. 1000 for black diamond wheels off the classifieds on this forum
Ford Bronco Advice on BB or Outer Banks 20230122_105949
and an even swap for big bend grill. 33k out the door including the wheels.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, I'm saying that those are the items you get for $4000, when going from the Base to the BB (I missed tires $500). The only reason to buy the Big Bend over the Base is if you're also jumping to higher packages, or rear locker, and even then, it generally was a bad idea.
The only reason to buy a BB is if you want to spend $5k on a rear locker, or if you need a 4-door stick shift. OP wants a 2-Door with an automagic.

BB tires are not worth a dime more than the Base tires. Base, BB, and OBX all have Firestone minivan tires from the factory. (sorry, Firestone calls themselves Bridgestone now).

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if you're going two door and don't need leather or lux package, the base is the way to go. It's a $4k step for the 2 door base to 2 door big bend.

Really is. Interesting why Ford would do that, it's not like it costs then more to build a 2 door big bend vs a 4 door. If you were considering a 4 door, a BB makes sense.

Ford's 2 door base pricing really cements my theory that the it is sold at a steep discount so they can advertise certain starting prices. They really wanted that "starting under $30k" on initial release. I'm sure margins are very small and a base 2 door and they're just hoping for a small take rate. Right now it's still "starting under $35k" with an msrp of $34,095. That goes up to over $37k for a base 4 door, and $38k for a big bend 2 door.

OP
OP

Listedguru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is a picture of my wife's base. 1000 for black diamond wheels off the classifieds on this forum
and an even swap for big bend grill. 33k out the door including the wheels.
Wow that 'base' model your wife has looks really nice. You guys have really got me thinking about going with a base model at this point. Really the only thing I don't like is the wheels but that seems like a pretty inexpensive fix.

The other option would be do go with a base with sasquatch like you mentioned so I could get the 4A system but not sure if I could locate one of those. Plenty of food for thought on this thread and I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions. Unfortunately I do need to get the 10 speed automatic though as someone I know can't drive a stick (and it's not me)...

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking at getting most likely a 2 door Bronco. TBH this Bronco will probably never see any off road action other than a dirt road (please don't throw stones, lol). Anyway I not sure if I should go with a BB or an Outer Banks without many (if any) options. What are the advantages (in the real world) of going with an OB over a BB?

Feel free to offer up any advice. Any reason not to go with the 2DR outside of less room, etc? I would be going with the auto trans also.

Fire away...
I have both OB and BB in the garage. Other than the leather and bigger screen on the OB they are the same to me. Both ride great. I like the look of the black flares on the BB better myself. Did take factory wheels and tires off both!
Sponsored